Things That Piss You Off

Yeah exactly. Problem is, they always end up discontinuing the shoes I love. So once that happens, and I run out of backup pairs, I have to go through that process of ordering them online. Most local running shoe stores don’t carry the kinds of shoes I like to wear, especially spikes. Hardly any store carries spikes.

The worst is something like this: every New Balance shoe i’ve ever bought, fits great in size 12. Ordered some new spikes last week, size 12, small. So ordered 12.5’s, still feel a bit small. Meanwhile, the other NB spikes I have in size 12, feel and look bigger than the 12.5’s I just got. Oh and to top it off, NB’s site says the shoes I just got “run large”. Absolutely impossible for anyone to say these run large. lmao. ← Things That Piss You Off

But ya, if I find something I like, then ordering it again online feels great. And when you find out it’s getting discontinued, then you go find it somewhere and buy several pairs. :confused:

peace!

Just took a pair back to Macy’s that didn’t fit her…

headaches… headaches - they piss me off~

2 Likes

\rant
Poorly thought out engineering. Had a door nob fail in my house. Turns out this particular old tumbler had a “anti Jimmy” shear pin inside. It failed even though nobody tried to Jimmy the lock. When the shear pin goes, the door is stuck shut. No matter what you do. So took the nobs off, hinges off and tried to move the bolt mechanism manually through the linkage inside the door. Nothing doing.

Had to do this to get it out. Who would design a mother fucking door nob that fails closed?! No way that meets fire code now.

/rant

1 Like

When my dog barks at her own farts.

2 Likes

My dog runs away from it - I find it endearing tbh

1 Like

I get into these kind of design discussions all the friggin time.

I usually get the response along the lines of “the person wouldn’t do X” or “if they do X then they are stupid”. My go to response is “do we need to give them a punch in the face and a kick in the nuts if they do do it?”

I used to not say nuts but strangely it is much more effective at getting people to change their design.

yum … like my dairy milk after a month in the fridge … always sucked to find out from the first spoonful of cereal.

Except I’m actually expected to drink (eat?) it…

ugh tell me about it. I don’t encounter too many issues with shoes, even online ordering, but ordering clothes is such a pain.

ANYTHING that comes from the mall is a no go for me. I’m either bursting out the seams in the back pockets of jeans, or I the jeans refuse to go over my thighs.

Once upon a time I used to wear all the frilly, flowy, little tops and dresses, and I loved going jean shopping when I was skinny because I could fit everything and didn’t even need to look at the size tag. One day me and my mom went shopping and I came across some skinny jeans that said “000”, and my mom thought It wasn’t going to fit. Those suckers slid right on and were still baggy on the legs. I cringe at the memory of it now, but that’s beside the point.

recently my mom tried to go jean shopping without me, she comes home with some dark washed boot cut jeans she got from American Eagle Outfitters, and I’m like, “why didn’t you call me to ask me what size I wear?”, shes like “well try it on at least”, so I managed to get them on, couldn’t even bend my legs to walk. Did the squat test, and those suckers popped open right down the butt seam. Fuck that. The tag said a size 14, but they honestly looked like a 10 or smaller.

Walmart is my friend. Occasionally ill order stuff from Beyoncé’s Dereon line for curvy girls, but then again I rarely wear jeans anymore.

I usually get my shirts from either Comic book stores and get a large in guys, or I go to academy and get shirts made with light fabric. Everything else made for women isn’t even really made for women who lift. The sleeves are cutting my circulation off, my chest is about to rip through the shirt, but Its baggy near the waistline. FuUuUuUUUUUuuuuUuUUU,

2 Likes

Shoe shopping is bad, but I’ve found a few brands that work well. Pants… The worst. Biker thighs and butt, runner’s waist. Skinny fit anything? Non-starter. Even most “baggy fit” won’t work. By the time I can get them on, there’s a huge gap at the waist (usually in the back).

Instagram pissed me off and how everyone calls ass booty or all that peach shit. Trying to build the peach. Peach day !!!
Actually, most of social media pisses me off. I’m so happy look at my life and my spouse and my travels and my perfect skin because of this filter and lighting and it’s all fake , but hopefully it makes you feel bad about your life because it’s not this !!!

And reverse transformation photos I got fat and leaned to love myself even though before this I was at a perfectly healthy body weight . You go girl you be fat!! Such an inspiration!
How the fuck is that an inspiration !!! She ate cupcakes !!! And it’s probably just insecure women encouraging her so that the competition gains weight !! It’s all fake!!

And fuck boys that ask for nudes 5 minutes into a conversation! What is this !? You’re 40, 40!!! If you talked like a normal person you would have seen a real live nude within a couple weeks anyway!! Ahh ahhh society , lies !! Lies!!!

2 Likes

images (1)

2 Likes

Well, that’s clearly what they want lol

Most of social media can annoy me a bit as well. Over time, I’ve tailored my experience to avoid/eliminate the largest offenders. I’ve reached an age when I don’t feel obligated to read/follow people that get up my crack.

Look me up on instagram: watkindaplaceisthis. I promise no dick pics. I have a fair number of home reno/dog/training pics.

My daughter got off most of social media over the holidays because it can exacerbate depression.

1 Like

Welcome to old age. We’ll dispatch a recliner and newspaper out to you by the end of the week.

Enjoy your stay.

2 Likes

I tried to make it less horrible by only liking like cool hippo pictures and crap, but it would still constantly throw in HEY LOOK AT THIS PERFECT PERSON DOING PERFECT STUFF AND BEING REALLY ANNOYING.
LOL
I deleted my account yesterday because it was making me feel like I was still in high school, what with everyone ignoring me and me feeling stupid etc…
Had to put a stop to that!
I am just on pintrest now which is def. different from instagram, that’s for sure…

Ho my god! Is that why I hate it? Because I am old now? I never thought of that …
Though, I can’t imagine the 25yr old me saying peach either . Peach gang they call themselves, the peach gang
I aint never want to be a part of that

1 Like

Don’t worry, now that you’re older you can be part of the pear gang… or if it’s a really bad year, the banana gang. Some of us will never be part of any type of gang.

It sounds like it affects you the way it affects my daughter.

If you are still on FB, follow the dodo. It is an endless stream of adorable animal videos.

1 Like

Serious question: Does T-Nation qualify as ‘social media’?

1 Like