Things That Piss You Off

To be fair to you, American toilets are very easy to clog up. You guys must have thin pipes or something. Our fine British toilets can take half a roll of paper and suck it all away no problem. Whenever I’ve been to America, I’ve clogged a toilet every time.

What is it with people letting their dogs off leash? I have a dog. She’s a fair sized shepherd/mastiff cross who is quite well behaved. She does not leave the house off leash because although I’m fairly certain of her temperament I wouldn’t want to bet someone elses safety on it. No one can guarantee what goes through an animal’s brain and what could possibly set them off that never did before. How many times do you hear “Gee they never did that before”… until the time they do.

Going to the gym for deadlift day right after getting a filling. You’re starving when you get home and proceed to chew ur fucking tongue and cheek to pieces!!! I tried being easy, finally went and got a mirror. I’m a fool…

I always think “what special kind of moron are you?” when I hear that. I take my dog off lead in off lead parks, where everyone is aware there will be strange animals running around free. I also carry a knife to these places because of the above.

Getting spoken to in Spanish and said Spanish-speaker being annoyed I don’t speak Spanish really pisses me off. Just happened 10 minutes ago at Jorge’s Mexican Restaurant in Ruidoso, NM.

I’m a fucking NATIVE AMERICAN. Your fucking restaurant is literally standing on my native land, with a 150 year lease from the reservation. About 200 yards from the current border. Just go fuck off back to Mexico.

Of course, I didn’t make a scene because I really like their chilequilles. I just said “estoy Apache. No Mexicano. Y mas salsa, por favor.”

5 Likes

When I haul a yoke and farmers handles out to a nearby somewhat vacant road for the sake of making loading the equipment easier when I train events, and people walking, usually couples or people with their kids come around a bend, see me, STOP, and hesitate, then proceed to turn around and walk the other way.

???

What do you think, I’m gonna drop a 700lb yoke on your son? Am I that taboo that you can’t say “hey how are you?”

People, man.

4 Likes

I get pissed off when people I have good opinions of friend me on social media and it turns out that they say the nastiest things online. Even worse is when they get upset if I don’t like or comment on their dumb posts.

1 Like

Haha Strongmen are very misunderstood.

I remember doing truck pulls and some fire engine came around the corner and stopped. Once we worked out that they weren’t putting a fire out someone just blurted out “can we pull your truck?”.

They looked at each other and said something. At this point we were all thinking they were going to say yes but the driver just says “probably not” and drives off haha

1 Like

Or they seem really dumb. You were much smarter before on-line stuff. I’ve had to stop following people due to rapid deterioration of respect and pathetic attention whoring.

1 Like

LOL. The best is when you’re doing like keg, sandbag, or yoke, and a car stops and asks “Do you need help moving that sir?”

N-No, I do not :slight_smile: Then they go home and like mow the lawn and watch the news for the rest of their lives or something.

1 Like

You get pissed off when Mexicans in a Mexican restaurant, 200yards away from Mexico speak Mexican?

Lol just build a wall mate.

2 Likes

Happened again today… deadlifting in a power rack*. The worst part was this guy was going to the (empty) platform to get weights!

• I can maybe accept this if your gym has no space whatsoever but when there is both ample space AND a platform… come on!

Spanish.

I think what TFR meant is that the Mexican dude thought TFR was Mexican and didn’t know how to speak Spanish -i.e. ignoring or discarding one’s cultural roots.

I do not think that is what he meant but, that is exactly what happened.

No, moron.

200 yards from the Apache reservation on which I was born, Several hundred miles from the border where the Mexican invaders (or conquistadores) are born.

Said invaders assume because I have brown skin and black hair I must also be an invader.

Bit defensive? Or is that how you react to all non native Americans?

2 Likes

Pre-meetings for a meeting. Are we serious? I mean, Jesus, I’ve had 7+ hours of meetings to prepare for a single one-hour meeting at this point. Very efficient…

3 Likes

On a related topic, I get pissed off when people don’t bother to explain what the meeting is about before they ask for an hour or two of everyone’s time. Usually just a vague one-liner in the subject. Taking the time to write out a brief agenda helps everyone prepare and use the time better.

Also related, when people don’t pause at the end of the scheduled time to see if everyone can stay before they decide to keep everyone hostage past the scheduled stop time.

Also related, being invited to meetings I don’t need to be in.

3 Likes

Could be the tagline of my career…