Things That Piss You Off

Twojarslave,I didn’t think anything made your blood boil.

Oh this does. Almost as much as Massholes.

Speaking about regionality - I grew up in California until I was 12 then moved alllll the way across the country to a little sleepy town on the Southcoast of Massachusetts where 3/4 of the town had lived there for 1000 years. I could barely understand half the words coming out of these savages mouths when I first moved here. I finally learned their pig latin after 6 years then it was time for me to go on down south and re-figure out how to order a fucking soda speaking English, my native language.

All in all, at least I know how to ask where the water fountain/bubbler is across the US lol

2 Likes

Hey sweetie - I was up near your neck of the woods this past weekend - Fryeburg, ME/N Conway, NH. Drove like an asshole the entire way :slight_smile:

Yeah well I’ll be sure to drive three under the speed limit and brake liberally next time I see Mass plates in my rearview!

1 Like

Check this out when you get a chance:

It’s crazy.

There are a bunch of goofy accents down in that region. One guy I knew sounded exactly like that and everybody said that was because he was from across the bay. That was down in Hampton Roads and Newport News.

And they thought I sounded funny.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I have one pet peave, I don’t know why it pisses me off, but it drIves me nuts. When people try to make a professional email and refer to a time as EST when we are in Day Light Time. Which is EDT, or CDT, MDT or PDT. We are in day light time 8 months of the year and supposedly educated people keep referring to Standard Time.
I correct my co- workers so they don’t sound like dumb asses, but I cannot correct customers. I just wonder how dumb they are even when I respond with a confirmation “Yes, 2 PM EDT will be fine.” Like I said , I don’t know why it gets my goat, it just does. I guess I am wierd.

Daylight savings time pisses me off. Period.

6 Likes

I train in the morning, so full sunlight at quarter to five would be great for me but I can see where it would annoy the post-dawn waker-up-ers.

I’m not sure how it works in America but in Australia, not all states have daylight savings. I’m in a state that doesn’t but we border a state that does. It makes it annoying when you are trying to tee something up with someone from that state. And because we don’t have daylight savings I can never remember when it starts and finishes and if we are an hour ahead or behind.

Just keep it uniform people!

1 Like

When I drop something, try to get it, drop it again, and drop it two more times. I legit call myself an indiot every time that happens. I know darn well my hands work.

2 Likes

When you’re supposed to have a meeting and you just sit there staring at the damn phone wondering when/if it’s going to ring…

4 Likes

When you’re asked to have a follow-up meeting 4 hours after your original meeting, fml, lol…

2 Likes

Is it wrong that I laughed at that…might that…piss you off?

1 Like

Hmmmmm, deja vu…

1 Like

Get better co-workers. Just sayin.

Would need new bosses…

Today, I intentionally didn’t schedule a Friday meetjng. Come 1pm, I’m preparing to leave for the day. At 12:50 my boss and coworker ask me to host their conference call because they can’t figure out how to use the software for conference calls and screen sharing.

Currently sitting with 5 monitors and an iPad listening to a dozen people interrupt each other. This is a 4 hour meeting as well…

2 Likes

So they cant use software and cant set a meeting agenda to be effective.

These guys must be great leaders. Enjoy.