Things That Piss You Off

Surely this is but a handful of people, no?

not all,but still enough to piss me off!

Spark plugs underneath intake manifold and fuel rails. Letā€™s put the normal maintenance items underneath parts that should never need changed. Makes sense.

4 Likes

Having to own three sets of spanners. I only managed because I borrowed dadā€™s A/F spanners. Can people not just agree on a fucking standard and stick to it?

1 Like

The fact that I can no longer get away with eating like a starving person at a 24/7 all you can eat buffet!

2 Likes

Yes,

And Yes.

And not just that, but the torx heads, and hex heads and on and onā€¦

I just got a whole new set of just about everything to do a tune up and breaks on the wifes car.

First thing I do on any repair is break a couple of things then replace it. That eliminates those items as a possible cause right off the bat.

Aluminum car parts piss me off. They snap off so easily its like some kind of mechanical magic.

Also pisses me off- Losing tools. I know that Iā€™ve had several sets of metric sockets and wrenches over the course of my adult life. I just donā€™t know what happened to them.

Wiring harnesses. Fidgety little shitty things made of plastic that break as soon as you touch them.

My new SOP is to spray everything down with WD-40 and penetrating oil.

3 Likes

My brother in law takes the dirty oil after a change and sprays the whole underside and engine compartment. Like hillbilly undercoating. His cars are great to work on. No stuck bolts.

1 Like

While weā€™re on the subject, I hate it when they mix metric and US bolts and measurements on the same car. I just torqued 5/16" bolts to 8Nm. Wtf?

1 Like

My wife, who works in environmental risk, would kill me if I did this.

1 Like

Some roads in western PA are literally ā€œtarred and chippedā€. They spray thick oil down on a thin gravel bed. Donā€™t know how the EPA/DEP lets that happen.

I have recently married one of these, and I notice a complete change in driving habits when heā€™s on home ground (grew up in Marlborough, went to college in Boston, now works remotely for a company based in the area). Weā€™re there often - in fact were there for a party yesterday.

We live in semi-rural New England, and Iā€™m much more likely to become impatient enough to pass on our two lane roads than he is. Heā€™s patient and courteous by nature, but as soon as he hits a real highway headed into that city, everything changes. He doesnā€™t do it to be an asshole, though. I really donā€™t understand the mechanism by which that particular switch flips, but he isnā€™t an asshole in any arena. Habit, I guess. Or else it challenges him alike to a fast game of hockey. Upon reflection itā€™s probably a combination of the two.

You know this thread is old when people are returning Netflix dvds

Sorry. No place in North America is the worst in the world for drivers. No.

WD-40. What would we do without it?

People eating small amounts of food at all you can eat buffets. STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY.

Oh, thatā€™s not my claim. My only claim is a switch to more aggressive driving in the greater Boston area on the part of someone who drives patiently elsewhere.

When people have the right of way, donā€™t go, wave you on, an d then start to go. I fucking hate those people with all my heart.

When people schedule a Friday afternoon meeting and donā€™t show up. Fuck them

2 Likes

Could have stopped here.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a manager at work whose main contribution to any team is just nagging people. She literally set up a meeting at 5:30 one day because she thought some members of the team needed to talk. But she didnā€™t want to show up, so she didnā€™t.