Things That Piss You Off

Buncha cunts, all of you

2 Likes

I looked on my way out this afternoon, and sure enough, ā€œfined or towed.ā€

I suppose Iā€™ll continue my crime spree until something actually happens, at which time I will probably ask my husband to trade cars, let the heat cool for a bit, and then decide my next move.

I hear you but the escalator stairs standers donā€™t bother me much. What does though is the horizontal escalators standers in Airports. WTF. Youā€™re walking along, you come across a platform thats moving and if you walk on it you move the distance twice as fast but oh no, some fucking muppetā€™s just stop walking. I hate those bastards.

4 Likes

Itā€™s fine if they stand to the fucking SIDE, but when Iā€™m walking at supernatural speed and some asshat has their shit gumming up the path, I get all rage-y.

What I really want to do is run on one. I know it would feel like the awesome running dreams I have occasionally, where I can go really fast and cover amazing distances and never get winded. But then at the end Iā€™d probably kill myself coming off the thing, because thereā€™s that weird stutter even when youā€™re walking.

4 Likes

You seem surprised by thisā€¦

I take the same approach to these as I do escalators ā€¦ fuck you for making me feel inferior ā€¦

Iā€™ve done this - I suggest you give it a try but it wasnā€™t as exhilarating as I had originally imagined

1 Like
1 Like

Iā€™ve never had this dream. I always have had the ā€˜canā€™t run any faster, oh shit, my legs are stuck and the bad guys will get me. oh no, theyā€™re one step away andā€¦Iā€™m awake.ā€™

I want to walk backwards at the exact speed it is travelling forwards, achieving the worldā€™s most perfect moonwalk.

My equivalent of this is Iā€™ll be having a dream where I can fly, so Iā€™m flying about like it ainā€™t no thang. Then Iā€™ll land for whatever reason and be confronted by some sort of danger, so I think to myself ā€œno big deal - Iā€™ll simply fly off to safety! Wait a minuteā€¦ itā€™s not workingā€¦ oh my god Iā€™ve lost my power and Iā€™m going to diiiieeeeeeā€¦ā€

And then I wake up

3 Likes

Talking of dreams and being pissed off. I underwent a minor op a couple of years ago. When I was under I was dreaming I was headlining Burning Man and had just finished my set and was leaving to go backstage to the gang of beauties waiting for me when the nurse woke me up. Best dream I ever had. When I told her she ruined it for me she just laughed. What a bitch.

3 Likes

You just reminded me. As a young lad, I had laughing gas to fix a chipped tooth. In the dream, I was James from ā€˜James and the Giant Peachā€™. A few weeks later, I got in a fight, tooth popped out again, get it fixed, laughing gas, Iā€™m James again. To this day, 23 years later, if I get high and fall asleep, Iā€™m a fucking cartoon from the 90s talking to bugs in a giant peach.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s cool as fuck! If you ever come to Scotland Iā€™m getting you loaded on nitrous.

I had a recurring zombie dream for years. It was like my brainā€™s default ending to a dream when it couldnā€™t be arsed to think of something original.

Like, Iā€™d be dreaming about something totally innocuous and unrelated to zombies like sitting drinking a cup of tea somewhere, and itā€™s like my brain would think ā€œfuck it - I have no idea where Iā€™m going with this so just send in the zombies.ā€

Many a sex dream ruined by a zombie apocalypse.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve done this, and as @polo77j said of running on one, not as much fun as Iā€™d hoped. Instead, I think you should do this:

Edit: it even has a bicep kiss! Perfect blending of interests (gunz and moonwalking).

2 Likes

I can hear you coming, cause of the whistling and tapping.

I know it irritates your more than the whistling and tapping irritates meā€¦so there I stand, still, on an escalatorā€¦

ā€¦knowingly escalating the situation.

1 Like

I want to do the back kick ā€¦ hopefully no one is behind me but if they are, thatā€™s on them

I use escalators reluctantly and generally walk with it, but come to a complete stop prior to getting off. When I was little my mom told me the story (presumably apocryphal) of a kid with a lose shoelace that got it stuck in the escalator and then got his foot ground off. I suspect the reason for this is I was forgetful about shoelaces, in general, but it scared the crap out of me.

Still wary and definitely check my shoelaces (and do my kids, as Iā€™ve passed on this phobia to my children like a good Jew).

2 Likes

My Jewish mother told me the same thing. I think I may actually have checked into it at some point and confirmed that it was a danger, but not sure whether it is currently. Okay, I checked and yes, DANGER DANGER DANGER you can still get sucked underā€¦

About 10,000 escalator-related injuries per year result in emergency department treatment in the United States. (www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov 2013)

My children are wary, too, I would imagine. Another thing my mother got worked up about was feathers - we werenā€™t allowed to pick them up because they were ā€œdirty, and possibly diseased.ā€ Naturally I warned my children. My husband thinks itā€™s weird and one day while we were walking with my college-aged son asked if my son picks up feathers he sees on the ground. My son actually shuddered before issuing the party line about dirty and diseased. They repulse me, too, itā€™s so strongly ingrained.

4 Likes

A friend of mine was the claims investigator/adjuster for an airport.

Those escalators and walkways kept him busy!

Feathers were Bad around my house too. Iā€™m thinking I remember something about tiny worms wiggling off the feathers.

Putting on someone elseā€™s glasses would also damage your eyes.

Mother birds wouldnā€™t come back to the nest of you messed with it.

I feel like Iā€™m forgetting a couple Super Dangerous ones.