Things That Make You Uncomfortable

Things that make me uncomfortable

Feet

End.

Is that your foot? What’s the go? Feet shouldn’t do that man…

1 Like

Well, fuck…

1 Like

Did you pour concrete without galoshes?

1 Like

When I was younger I used to deliver food for work. I also lived and worked about 10 miles from the seacoast nuke plant.

One day I was out delivery and heard the siren from the plant go off. It was pretty unreal, it would start off this low distant sound, then you could feel it move closer as it gained volume. Came in waves like that.

Turns out it was just a test, but it was pretty weird not knowing and hearing the that thing go off.

1 Like

The smell of rotten eggs on a known H2S well location.

Yes! That makes me uncomfortable (shivers)

1 Like

Everyone’s H2S sensor pegged yesterday on location. I’ve never seen so many Mexicans run into the wind since DHS made a raid on my dad’s chicken farm.

Not my feet (thank god)
Just a photo currently doing the rounds on social media that has made me very uncomfortable

Please don’t, I’d like to sleep sometime this month

…okay now im curious

OK, wanna hear about paintball gun vs eye? (Spoiler alert: Eye loses.) Or how fireworks and eyes don’t play well together? Or why your mom was right when she told you not to run with pencils? Or why you shouldn’t look closely at the tip of a knife while riding in a car down a bumpy road? Or about the 4 y.o. who essentially pithed himself with a shish kebab skewer–and lived?

2 Likes

Every get any hydraulic lines blow up in someones face?

We had that happen to a guy when I was cutting trees. The line to the feed rollers on the chipper blew up with his face about arms length away. It looked like someone pounded his entire face with a meat cleaver in .001 sec.

We thought for sure that his eyes had been pulverized too, but once they rinsed all of the oil out of his sockets they were ok.

1 Like

Not a hydraulic line, no. Dude’s lucky he didn’t lose one or both eyes.

He was lucky a lot of ways. One of the risks of oil injection is (if I understand it correctly) that it blocks the lungs ability to transfer oxygen to the blood. Basically suffocating from the inside out.

I was rinsing him off in the was tub of the house we were at and just told him to keep his eyes shut till he gets to the hospital. I did not want to see what may have happened to them considering how everything else looked.

I can understand doing all of those things (not support or think it is in any way a good idea, but comprehend the thought process behind it) except for the knife in the car one. What possible purpose was there for that?

I had a great lunch idea…

It did not go to plan. I felt seriously queasy looking at it before each mouthful (looking at it again made me reach lol). Then there were the comments lol

Taking a needle to the eye made me uncomfortable - doubt @EyeDentist feels the same on the other end of the needle.

Yeah, my end of the needle isn’t nearly as sharp.

If I may ask, what did you need an injection for?

That is an excellent question.

16 y.o. male who was missing most of one arm (syndromic condition; all he had was a stump) was being driven to an appt by a staff member (the teen lived in a group home). En route, the teen decided he needed to clean the fingernails of his (one) hand. The only tool available to him was his pocketknife. So, he tucked the pocketknife (point directed upwards) under his stump, bent his head down over it (so he could see what he was doing), and proceeded to clean his nails. He was in this position when the car passed over a bump large enough to make his head snap down, causing the point of the blade to pierce his cornea.

Why a group-home counselor would allow a teen to clean his fingernails in this manner in a moving car is another question entirely.

1 Like

You’ve raised teenagers, right? Sometimes the only way they learn is from a pierced cornea.

2 Likes