Things That Make You Uncomfortable

It’s not really fear for me; just very much uncomfortable. I think it’s the potential to get stung that gets to me. It’d be fine if they just get it over with, but when you have a bee that is just following you around for some reason and flying around your face and shoulders and just being a nuisance, it’s super uncomfortable.

I got stung by a wasp last time I was visiting my inlaws, and thankfully it decided to pick the meatiest part of my upperback to go after. Not knowing that the wasp was there and just getting stung by it, it was more an annoyance than anything else, but had the damn thing been flying around my face I’d have been freaked out.

Funny enough, I turned and asked my father-in-law “Hey, is there a wasp on my back? I think something just stung me”, not realizing that he was deadly allergic, so then HE started freaking out, haha.

2 Likes

How can more than one person be involved? Unison sharting?

ear shot/smell radius/sound wave proximity … basically if I’m close enough to experience another person’s shart in some sense…

You’re totally right, fun fact, I’ve never been stung. I think it’s the whole “You’re really afraid of being punched in the face until you actually get punched in the face” logic.

1 Like

I am a very outgoing person, comfortable in most settings (or at least able to fake it), but close talkers, especially of the opposite sex, make me uncomfortable. I can deal with guys being close talkers more easily than I can females, both uncomfortable, but it just adds a little extra discomfort, for me, when it’s the opposite sex.

1 Like

Condiments in other people’s fridges. It’s the unknown age, and any crustiness around the lid.

Milk in other people’s fridges. You don’t know how long it’s been in there, or if someone drinks from the carton.

Ticks

It makes me a little uncomfortable to tell this story.

A few years ago I was walking dogs with a neighbor and my little girl in a scrub grass area behind my home. Warm day. Wearing shorts. Lots of high weeds. We got back to our front yard and I noticed a tick on one of the dogs. So I immediately started looking my daughter over from head to toe.

Then my neighbor gives me the disturbing news, “They go for your groin or armpits!!!” That resulted in me running into my house, stripping my clothes off as I hit the front door. My husband was back in the master bedroom, so by the time I got there I had stripped from the waist up and had my arms in the air so he could see my armpits. “HONEY, DO YOU SEE ANY TICKS???!!!” My husband calmly deadpans. “What? Do I see any tits? Yeah, I see a couple.”

12 Likes

The only acceptable response…

5 Likes

I just got one before it got me yesterday. I came back from a hike and felt some tiny little something on my back. I reached back and smacked it one, so it dug in, then I was able to pinch it. As I pinched it, it tried to bury into my finger skin so I burned it with a lighter.

It was a tiny deer tick too, the ones that carry Lymes disease. I hate those little bastards.

4 Likes

Ya, we just pulled one (unattached) off my son over the weekend. Fuck those guys.

1 Like

Man, I am the exact same. It fucking freaks me out.

It’s like a whole other level of grossness compared to anything else. I can’t even really explain it; it’s just overwhelmingly horrible.

3 Likes

I worked with a guy for a little while that was doing an overhead weld test and got some spatter on his eye lid. It caramelized the skin and melted his eyelids together.

He wanted me to pull them apart. We took him to the paramedic who them took him to the hospital.

Eye injuries give me the heebee jeebeez.

My oldest brother is in a wheel chair and used to have home health aides come in and help him around the house. The inexperienced or careless ones would always end up running his toes into a doorjamb and breaking or peeling his toe nails back and off.

The first few times t gave me the heebee jeebeez, but after a while I’d just get pissed off and fire them.

2 Likes

No safety goggles?

Did it heal up OK? That kind of injury can lead to serious eye issues.

Oh, the stories I could tell…

1 Like

Shit like this fucking follows you around! You’re a cool guy, man, but I would never hang out with you. Way too dangerous.

3 Likes

Best avoiding those acenarios entirely

It did. He closed his eye just it was falling on to his eye lid which prevented it from burning the actual eyeball. He did have a pock like thing there where his eye lids meet though.

Aaaahhhhh!!! Nooooo!

I don’t blame you. Scotland is on my bucket list, so we’ll have to coordinate a tradesies or something.

2 Likes

Getting my hair caught in an Ab Wheel.

My mom giving me her copy of Fifty Shades of Grey, and then deciding to talk about the book with me… Gosh, I’m turning red just remembering that.

10 Likes

Must…not…notice…that some pages…are dog-eared…

12 Likes

This noise. Always makes me assume some bad things are about to go down. I’ve had to listen to it nearly 8 times this spring with the thunder storms and flash flood warnings. My first assumption is always an incoming ICBM message. Haha.

I’m so sorry, but I just had to!

1 Like

Year before last I hit a yellow jacket nest, that was in a gopher hole, with the weed eater, while hanging off the side of hill. 20 of them stung me before I could get away from them. And yes! There were people freaking out!
Good news is… after you realize you are not going to die, you become pretty much invincible!

3 Likes