Things That Make You Uncomfortable

Terrible. I thought it was understood that you tell kids that Santa is nice to the nice children and not nice to the children that are not nice.

We told our kids Santa’s real name is St. Nicholas and that he lived a long time ago and broke into poor people’s houses to give them money and gifts. He’s a saint in the catholic church (which was a long explanation to a 4yo why protestants don’t have saints) and was following Christ’s teachings by giving, and that we should give to the poor and each other as well.

But he’s dead now. The popular cartoon of the man in the red suit isn’t real. Just like Bugs Bunny or Iron Man.

We also had to tell them that other parents lie to their kids and they aren’t allowed to ruin the make believe of other kids. Just talk about something else and not Santa. My 5yo gets it. My 2yo had some adult ask him “what did Santa bring you?” “He’s dead.”

3 Likes

hahaha

I think that’s an appropriate explanation

1 Like

No.

Either play along with the lie or tell them the truth. Not this dumb shit.

“Kid’s, Santa only gives to poor children as a form of gift redistribution/welfare”.

1 Like

No kidding, throw in Krampus and you’re set.

1 Like

Funny what kids say, huh?

I had an incident at the pediatricians yesterday. She was interviewing the kiddo and asked about pets. Kiddo pipes up and says “Mommy’s new man* has two little dogs! One is grey with white paws…”.

*Man=Manager. Mommy hired a new manager who has two little dogs. Trying to explain that led down a cascade of uncomfortable to answer questions.

4 Likes

Wow! This just made me uncomfortable.
You told a two year old that Santa was dead. :sob:
You will never get a ticket on the The Polar Express now!

2 Likes

Whut…???

6 Likes

But… Elon Musk?

2 Likes

Not exactly the Iron Man I wanted, but I’ll take it…

1 Like

It’s the iron man WE need, though.

2 Likes

Screw Santa. If I ever have kids, I’m only going to tell them about Vunter Slauche.

If anyone watched The Office:

1 Like

If it makes you feel better, my youngest – after staying with grandparents – told a classmate that “Santa is just a story we made up to make goyim buy toys” (direct quote).

We got the “you’re-a-racist” rant from the school and wife pissed at me for my parents being assholes, yet she said nothing to my parents for fear of losing childcare.

Don’t get me started about the problems Elf-on-a-Shelf has created.

2 Likes

I do not want this in my house … my wife thinks it’s harmless fun. Oy.

1 Like

Same church as the one in Pennsylvania?

#credibilityissues

Lol. Many of my wife’s friends use the Elf as a parenting tool. We sort of do too, but our elf didn’t show up until after Thanksgiving.

MY SON: Brianna and PJ must be really bad kids.
ME: Why do you say that?
SON: Their elf shows up in February.

BTW, my son is wicked smart and was just being funny - he was eight.

I’m fairly certain that St. Nicholas was around before the Catholic church made the decision that priests can’t be married. Not a catholic so I’m not up in all the dates. The hubris of the cardinals/bishops responding to the grand jury investigation is flat out astounding. These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.

Yeah, I was kind of grinding an axe, didn’t mean to be disrespectful.

Pretty sure sainthood is a Catholic thing, so St. Nick may have been around before the Catholic church, but he wasn’t a saint. He may have been a buddha, but not a saint, lol.

I think god is within you, that we all have the inner divine, just not a fan of organized religion, my issue.

Peace brother.

“Peegasm”