Things That Make You Happy

Little tabby-wabby likes Mario Maker!

And Meepers. Meepers likes gnawing on my hand. Very gently though.

5 Likes

Hey cool! You have a Nintendo switch, I have one as well.
Nice cat too!

1 Like

Yeah!

We got it “for the kiddo”. Not sure which one though. The 9 y.o. or the 49 y.o. :rofl:

It’s funny. I left off at the original NES. This thing, on a big HD flat screen is downright psychedelic.

1 Like

I left my nintendo switch at home because since I was a college student, my mind was “Hey I’m in college there is no time for games.”
I regret it though cause I could’ve played smash bros with my three roommates. I don’t have the desire to drive 4 hours back home though.

I like to think I’m a cat person because that’s all me and my older sister obsess about. I follow a bunch of cat instagram pages. I think british short hairs and maine coons are adorable. I never even petted nor have a cat.

If I were rich I would buy a caracal just for the hell of it:

No kidding? I almost can’t imagine life without one.

I’ve always had one. Literally since birth. When I was a kid and had a paper route my one cat would follow me around about half the route then I’d pick her up and carry her the rest of the way in the paper sack.

Amazing creatures.

1 Like

At my apartment complex (which is university managed) there are actually 4 cats who live in the courtyard. They always come out at night.

I even thought about buying some food to feed them. I guess they are there for pest control

They live in these crevices on the sides of the buildings.

1 Like

Dorm Mascots!

They’re great for pest control. I live on the edge of a farm and there are all kinds of critters. My last cat, a little grey kitty was an awesome hunter until she met turkeys. She’d dart up trees and snag all kinds of birds from an ambush, but one day a flock of really big fat turkeys came through. She got down, stalked for a little bit, then darted to pounce before realizing that the turkeys not only weren’t scared, but they were like five times her size!

Then zoom…back into the tree line. From then on she’d just watch and fake stalk.

1 Like

Meep!!!

1 Like

I was able to help my friend (that one) with homework today.

After over two years of relying on him, I was finally able to be of use

Also, had dinner with gym buddy. He had a huge bowl of hummus and gluten free bread so we ate that together and laughed a lot. We are constantly laughing when we talk for some reason it’s great

2 Likes

Yep! He makes a little tiny meep, so I started calling him meepers.

And now he responds really well to it!

1 Like

This is me, at 31 with 2 kids and a 50+ hr/week job. If someone had said that to me at 18 it would have been like hearing “Hey I’m in Vegas there is no time for gambling.”

I got my eldest a switch for his birthday and man, if I’d had that at college I think I’d have partied and chased girls less and spent more nights just hanging with friends, haha.

3 Likes

Context: attended a seminar on Friday

1 Like

Angela???

Your username is a lie!!!

Lol I’m just messing with you

2 Likes

If I’m not mistaken her little brother calls her Anna? Or something like that

1 Like

Yep it’s in a thread called “story behind your username “ or something like that

1 Like

The anna origin story

1 Like

This friend grows tons of stuff inside and outside her house, and last night she dropped off a bunch of extras to give to me!

Peppers, carrots, tomatoes, herbs, green onion, and lots of (not shown) watermelon.

6 Likes

My next door neighbor signed up for a CSA before we got to where we are now and she gives us a bunch of stuff (I give her beer). It’s awesome, we’re thinking about signing up for one over the winter which will probably just be root vegetables.

Haha, my issue is that I feel I have nothing to give in return.

I already buy my beef from a local farmer, but I sometimes think about joining a CSA. I only occasionally get produce from farmer’s markets. I’d like to change that.

In the Midwest farmers markets are awesome. Not so much here in Florida except for grass fed beef (ton of cattle ranches).
I have been contemplating a move back to the Midwest probably 5 years out. I miss seasons and dry air.