Things That Make You Chuckle

“perceived” … this guy :wink:

3 Likes

Are you perceiving arrogance right now, haha?

Depends, on which side of the Atlantic dost though reside?

East. I belong to the aforementioned worst of the lot.

You’re French?? Gross

1 Like

True

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPofS5Sttfl/?utm_medium=share_sheet

1 Like

Keep me updated if it’s passed please. Imma go over there and fuck up Jimmy Fallon and then declare my gender to be female.

1 Like

My 5-year granddaughter drew a picture of me today. I smiled but then realized
I can no longer skip leg days.

13 Likes

If a guy proclaiming he now identifies as female, just to cheat the system to get into a cell with me to do God knows what…dude is gonna have to just kill me right then and there because as soon as he decides he “identifies” as male in the dead of night while I’m trying to sleep, I’m gonna do my best to castrate him so that he actually has a now valid excuse to identify as female.

Just saying.

Can’t speak for everyone but that’s terrifying to read knowing the motives of some men behind bars, and how political stuff is really considering such things. I’m not super far left or right, but that, that shouldn’t even have been something remotely involved with the Equality Act. I personally feel like systems involving prison need to be about as black and white as you can possibly make it because we’re no longer dealing with the general public, we’re dealing with prisoners and whatever crime they’ve committed. Trying to “make stuff fit across the board”, just goes out the window.

Especially for more deviant and heinous crimes. Say you’ve got handfuls of criminals in there for various things. Arson, murder, rape, drug trafficking, etc. Do they really not think their thought processes aren’t already quite twisted considering why they’re even in prison to begin with? There’s a reason males and females have been separated in prison for who knows how long.

Okay. Rant over now lol

3 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t think the stereotype will die, at least not anytime soon.

Maybe you’ll laugh at this video:

Unpopular opinion, but I think French is overrated.

Oh, disagree. But I’m biased, hahaha.

I’ve never tried learning it, but Romanian also sounds pleasant to me.

2 Likes

Czech and Polish sound like toddler’s gibberish to me, but then I’m biased.

The guy who made a pretty lucrative career in Hollywood playing Russian villains, neither speaks with a Russian accent nor acts as a Russian, but as the ex-Yugoslav that he is. Paradoxically, the audience find it more believable and scarier.

As far as I’ve understood it’s a language that descended from Latin with some South Slavic and Turkish loan words.

Speaking of Romania, if met some old German folks in Siebenbürgen (modern day Transylvania) that speak what is basically Bavarian German. The current president of Romania is a German, although he speaks German with a strong Romanian accent.

2 Likes

I was referring to Russian war movies. Those guys are scary…

Really?! I’ve always noticed that the “russian” villains in a lot of movies don’t sound quite Russian

Maybe because of the tone?

Which ones? The old stuff was good, the modern propaganda is complete and utter horseshit. 9th company is the only exception (the kid from Go and See acts in 9th company after a 20 year acting hiatus due to the mental trauma from the movie)

Probably. South Slavic languages place much more emphasis on the consonants while equalizing various vowels (they’re all consonant based languages), resulting in a much choppier delivery of English. In an acting environment this sounds more menacing tone than actual Russian while keeping the “foreign” vibe.

1 Like

Ivan’s Childhood, Brest Fortress, 9th company

I watched the most recent Stalingrad (Bondarchuk) and Battle for Svastepol. Plots were absolute crap but I really enjoyed the music and graphics. Pretty much like watching a video game, but w/ real ppl

1 Like

Didn’t the old movies use live ammunition?

Go and See used actual German equipment and uniforms. Battle of Moscow used thousands of Red Army troops.

@dt79 if you haven’t seen it, there’s an official version of Go and See on Youtube with English subtitles and it’s a must watch. The lead actor went insane during filming.

2 Likes

Haven’t seen this one- will need to check this out!

Proper method acting. I respect that man’s dedication to his craft.

1 Like

saw a bloke today doing ohp to btn presses with a baseball cap on. he managed to not knock the cap off… by lowering the bar during ohp portion, way out in front of his head… hello potential injury…