Things That Grind Your Gears

Just wondered what kind of things really piss off my fellow TNationers…

People who think they’re funny or cool by repeating old, tired, unfunny internet memes.

I remember when I worked in IT during the lunch break there was a guy who would always try to get into line first and yell

“LEEEERROOOOOOYYYYYY JEENNNNKINNNNSSSS!”

And all of his dumbass friends would laugh as if it were the funniest thing they ever heard.

Also, people who are deeply into new age stuff like homeopathy or even worse, traditional Chinese medicine are annoying. Especially when they express their conspiracy theory beliefs about the pharmaceutical industry and how evil doctors are.

People who have poor gym etiquette. For example, the circuit training dumbasses who like to claim multiple pieces of equipment and bounce back in forth like a ping pong ball doing their gay crossfit routine.

[quote]Madtytecurls wrote:
People who have poor gym etiquette. For example, the circuit training dumbasses who like to claim multiple pieces of equipment and bounce back in forth like a ping pong ball doing their gay crossfit routine.[/quote]

This. And people who hold the door open when you’re 30 feet away. People who think that because I lift weights and look the part, means that must be all I’m interested in.

When people have no idea what they’re talking about, and try to cover up for their lack of knowledge with BS and “filler phrases”. For fuck’s sake, if you don’t know something, admit it. It’s cool, I won’t judge you for it. I will, however, judge the hell out of you when you need to appear to be as smart as possible despite huge knowledge gaps on a subject.

Fiddly shit + habitual gossips.

People who sit on stairs, stand in doorways, find the narrowest point in a corridor and then park there! Idiots!

People who think because you are larger than average that you are a dispensary of PEDs and wish to discuss drug use with them upon first time meeting them.

When tech gadgets don’t do what they are supposed to. I don’t know why, but that really really pisses me off!

Omg so many things…

anime
weakness
people who drive in the left lane like it’s their own personal area and won’t get the fuck out the way
Harry Potter
people who bounce a bar off a 2 board and have their spotter deadlift it off of them and claim that as their new bench max
liberals
people who squat 10 inches high and think they did a squat
teenagers
vegetarians
Christian rock “You aren’t making Christianity better, you’re just making rock and roll worse.” - Hank Hill
cops who only became cops because they were bullies in school and decided they wanted to be bullies for a living
female thought processes
people who stick their gum anywhere but a trashcan
people who think marijuana is addictive and deadly
guns
other ranged weapons
all news media
people who think protein and saturated fat is the devil and that you should just eat mostly grains…
vegetables; they’re fucking useless and you know it, just take a multi-vitamin and save the stomach space for a steak
Tolkien
contemporary classical music/minimalism/stuff like that; stop trying to be different for the sake of being different, your music sucks
hipsters
Crossfit

I’m sure I missed a bunch.

Buzz words like “circle back” or “get your buy in”. Buzz words in general, and the people who employ them.

Baby Junk- It’s a new one to me, but apparently there is an entire market full of stuff that either doesn’t do what it is supposed to or breaks the moment you take it out of the package, all designed for babies. Tons of baby junk. And some downright deadly snacks. Who designs something to be put in a babies mouth that is the perfect size to block their wind pipe? I’d rather give my kid the neck of a broken bottle to gnaw on than some of the shit that is marketed as a teething biscuit.

Binkies. Where in the hell do they go? They hit the floor and Poof! Oblivion!

Littering. Have a little pride, people.

[quote]csulli wrote:
Omg so many things…

anime
weakness
people who drive in the left lane like it’s their own personal area and won’t get the fuck out the way
Harry Potter
people who bounce a bar off a 2 board and have their spotter deadlift it off of them and claim that as their new bench max
liberals
people who squat 10 inches high and think they did a squat
teenagers
vegetarians
Christian rock “You aren’t making Christianity better, you’re just making rock and roll worse.” - Hank Hill
cops who only became cops because they were bullies in school and decided they wanted to be bullies for a living
female thought processes
people who stick their gum anywhere but a trashcan
people who think marijuana is addictive and deadly
guns
other ranged weapons
all news media
people who think protein and saturated fat is the devil and that you should just eat mostly grains…
vegetables; they’re fucking useless and you know it, just take a multi-vitamin and save the stomach space for a steak
Tolkien
contemporary classical music/minimalism/stuff like that; stop trying to be different for the sake of being different, your music sucks
hipsters
Crossfit

I’m sure I missed a bunch.[/quote]

Jesus csulli, maybe you need some of that non-addictive maryjane…

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

[quote]Madtytecurls wrote:
People who have poor gym etiquette. For example, the circuit training dumbasses who like to claim multiple pieces of equipment and bounce back in forth like a ping pong ball doing their gay crossfit routine.[/quote]

This. And people who hold the door open when you’re 30 feet away. People who think that because I lift weights and look the part, means that must be all I’m interested in.

When people have no idea what they’re talking about, and try to cover up for their lack of knowledge with BS and “filler phrases”. For fuck’s sake, if you don’t know something, admit it. It’s cool, I won’t judge you for it. I will, however, judge the hell out of you when you need to appear to be as smart as possible despite huge knowledge gaps on a subject. [/quote]

Yes!!! When people hold the door open for you when you’re still like a 1/4 mile away from the door. I feel obligated to do this like this half run thing up to the door so they aren’t standing there for 3 minutes just holding it.

I seriously have a ton of pet peeves.

Bad drivers; people with a sense of entitlement; people that sit right next to you in almost empty places where there are plenty of other options (unless he’s hot, in which case I am completely cool with the invasion of my personal space bubble); people that personify their cars; people on motorized scooters who do not legitimately need to use one; people with poor hygiene. It seems that so many of the things that annoy me involve people…

Let’s see… commercials; Gilbert Gottfried’s voice; guys in skinny jeans; telemarketers; Walmart; bad internet connection; Corona; traffic; religious zealots; cigarettes; snow storms… Those are a few off the top of my head.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
When people have no idea what they’re talking about, and try to cover up for their lack of knowledge with BS and “filler phrases”. For fuck’s sake, if you don’t know something, admit it. It’s cool, I won’t judge you for it. I will, however, judge the hell out of you when you need to appear to be as smart as possible despite huge knowledge gaps on a subject. [/quote]

This x a million! I hate it so much!

[quote]csulli wrote:
Tolkien
[/quote]

Why csulli, why?!

Tolkein…totally agree.

The man seriously needed an editor to say somethig like: ‘JR Babe, love the Hobbits, but do we really need to know what they had for lunch every fucking meal!’ Or perhaps ‘Wheres the dragon? Why are we waiting for page like a million before Smaug turns up? Building suspense only counts if they are not snoring.’

That George R Martin guy has the same problem on Game of Thrones. Can we please skip the menu and just get the fuck on with it!

[quote]furo wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
Tolkien
[/quote]
Why csulli, why?!
[/quote]
Because the sonofabitch was infatuated with elves and halflings. Elves are hyper-effeminate and make extensive use of cowardly magic and bows. Hobbits are exceedingly weak and pathetic and make extensive use of cowardly stealth and trickery.

He even makes stupid hobbits like the focal point of the stories and main heroes somehow. The appeals to weak little children who want to feel like they can be important to by making use of weak cowardly tactics despite the fact that they would really be almost totally useless.

Fine, whatever. It didn’t appeal to me though. He made dwarves a laughing stock. They were like fucking comic relief the whole goddamn time. Dwarves! The guys who are strong and tough and heavily built and so stout and barrel chested as to be almost as broad as they are tall. Who grow epic beards even the most manly man couldn’t hope to match. I mean they’re almost literally powerlifters.

Who make the best and strongest beer and can out drink an entire village of a lesser race. Who wield the weapons of a true warrior, massive axes and hammers! Who have a grim, stoic demeanor and aren’t afraid of a good doom and never forget a grudge.

But no Tolkien preferred to portray them as inferior to the Elven Abercrombie and Fitch boys for whom he had a massive hard-on.

The phrase “grinds your gears”

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]furo wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
Tolkien
[/quote]
Why csulli, why?!
[/quote]
Because the sonofabitch was infatuated with elves and halflings. Elves are hyper-effeminate and make extensive use of cowardly magic and bows. Hobbits are exceedingly weak and pathetic and make extensive use of cowardly stealth and trickery. He even makes stupid hobbits like the focal point of the stories and main heroes somehow. The appeals to weak little children who want to feel like they can be important to by making use of weak cowardly tactics despite the fact that they would really be almost totally useless.

Fine, whatever. It didn’t appeal to me though. He made dwarves a laughing stock. They were like fucking comic relief the whole goddamn time. Dwarves! The guys who are strong and tough and heavily built and so stout and barrel chested as to be almost as broad as they are tall. Who grow epic beards even the most manly man couldn’t hope to match. I mean they’re almost literally powerlifters.

Who make the best and strongest beer and can out drink an entire village of a lesser race. Who wield the weapons of a true warrior, massive axes and hammers! Who have a grim, stoic demeanor and aren’t afraid of a good doom and never forget a grudge.

But no Tolkien preferred to portray them as inferior to the Elven Abercrombie and Fitch boys for whom he had a massive hard-on.[/quote]

Haha! Fair enough - to each their own!

Tolkien was actually indirectly responsible for getting me into the T-lifestyle lol. Reading The Hobbit aged 8 I was fascinated by the heroes of the book (many of whom seemed big and strong, such as Beorn and the dwarves) and characters like those have been a major source of inspiration for me. Maybe a bit weird, but it seems a lot of folks on here are inspired/influenced by comic book heroes, which I was never into.

People that think they can defeat packs of animals in battle.

1. People who pull over on the should for you to pass when there is on-coming traffic and you can’t pass. Just kicks up gravel. Bit like the people who open doors for 20 minutes.

2. People who question me about why Jewish people reject Christianity and then get really hurt and offended when i actually tell them. ( I usually avoid answering.)

3. Politically uninformed partisans, either side.

4. Intellecutally dishonest partisans, typically liberals

5. People who cry racism at everything, especially my fellow Jewish people who do this. Makes us look like a bunch of pussies.

6. MSNBC (see Nos. 3 and 4 and 9)

7. Factually-misinformed anti-Zionist (which is most anti-Zionist, excepting the hard core). When you get them past the BBC/NPR propaganda level of discourse, they suddenly flip around. But it’s exhausting.

8. Manchester United. Bunch of cheaters.

9. Hypocrits, any kind.

10. Lawyers who cover up incompetence with aggressiveness

It’s the little things like when you bring up a web page and just as you go to click on something there is one more banner that drops down and you click instead on an ad. I fucking hate that.