Things Real Men Do

great, great video! =)

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
Also, last night, she was all upset and teary because she felt fat and unattractive apparently. So I be a good husband and talk about how much she still turns me on and how beautiful she is. Somehow this turns into her then being repulsed because I like fat and/or ugly girls and that must mean that she is a fat and/or ugly girl even when she’s not pregnant. I didn’t really know what to do with this. When your 5’8", was 130lb, athletic wife starts to have self esteem issues for the first time, it gets confusing.[/quote]

Dont try to change her mind, change her emotions.[/quote]

With the hormone fluctuations, my usual tactic is just wait 15 minutes and check back to see which version of her is occupying her body at the moment. [/quote]

Well, if you want to, you could try this once.

Next time she tells you that she looks disgusting, you agree.

“Yeah baby, I dont even know why I have not left you yet…”

“Must be because I feel pity for you…”

“Yes, I am a pervert, who else would want you…”

And during all of this you are not serious for one second and escalate sexually.

Have a glint in your eye…

If she feels unwanted, dont adress this logically, dont give in to her emotions and if you attain a righteous erection, take her hand, put it on it and inform her that there is one incontrovertible truth:

“Dicks dont lie”.

Ya.

Just once.

Pretty please. [/quote]
^^This.

Women don’t like pushovers and this whole scenario is basically her trying to determine if you are one. The worst thing you can do is apologize for something you know that you didn’t do.

Now, obviously you have to tread lightly and escalating sexually may not be the right move. But the reality is that she is looking for resistance and you have to give it to her.

Other directions you can go:

–“Wow, I’m such an asshole/jerk. Why did you marry an asshole?..” (has to be done lightly and sarcastically)

–Call her out: “This is ridiculous. You’re being silly and I don’t have to put up with this. If you need some help, you can just ask.” (probably not the first resort and won’t end things very cleanly, but it’s about 100 times better than apologizing).

Another way to look at the mistake in the original scenario is that she knows you’re lying. She doesn’t look as good six months pregnant as she did before (she might be cute, etc. but you know what I mean). She knows it. You know it. Every mostly normal person on earth knows it. Lying to appease her makes her think you are weak. Women despise weakness.

[quote]CroatianRage wrote:
The “I had a dream about you” scenario is such bullshit. I thought people were kidding about it being a real thing until it happened to me.[/quote]

My wife has literally woken me up with a fist because I cheated on her in her dream…smh women!

[quote]Silyak wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
Also, last night, she was all upset and teary because she felt fat and unattractive apparently. So I be a good husband and talk about how much she still turns me on and how beautiful she is. Somehow this turns into her then being repulsed because I like fat and/or ugly girls and that must mean that she is a fat and/or ugly girl even when she’s not pregnant. I didn’t really know what to do with this. When your 5’8", was 130lb, athletic wife starts to have self esteem issues for the first time, it gets confusing.[/quote]

With the hormone fluctuations, my usual tactic is just wait 15 minutes and check back to see which version of her is occupying her body at the moment. [/quote]

And during all of this you are not serious for one second and escalate sexually.

If she feels unwanted, dont adress this logically, dont give in to her emotions and if you attain a righteous erection, take her hand, put it on it and inform her that there is one incontrovertible truth:

“Dicks dont lie”.

Ya.

Just once.

Pretty please. [/quote]
^^This.

Women don’t like pushovers and this whole scenario is basically her trying to determine if you are one. The worst thing you can do is apologize for something you know that you didn’t do.

Now, obviously you have to tread lightly and escalating sexually may not be the right move. But the reality is that she is looking for resistance and you have to give it to her.

–“Wow, I’m such an asshole/jerk. Why did you marry an asshole?..” (has to be done lightly and sarcastically)

–Call her out: “This is ridiculous. You’re being silly and I don’t have to put up with this. If you need some help, you can just ask.” (probably not the first resort and won’t end things very cleanly, but it’s about 100 times better than apologizing).

Another way to look at the mistake in the original scenario is that she knows you’re lying. She doesn’t look as good six months pregnant as she did before (she might be cute, etc. but you know what I mean). She knows it. You know it. Every mostly normal person on earth knows it. Lying to appease her makes her think you are weak. Women despise weakness. [/quote]

Saying she still turns me on is not a lie. Does she look as good? No, but I am still attracted to her. I am curious to know if either of you have dealt with the 4 headed monster that is the pregnant female on a daily basis. Picking the right times to laugh about her colossal over reactions when she has settled down and returned to normal has seemed to be the best strategy.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]Silyak wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

“Dicks dont lie”.

Ya.

Just once.

Pretty please. [/quote]
^^This.

Another way to look at the mistake in the original scenario is that she knows you’re lying. She doesn’t look as good six months pregnant as she did before (she might be cute, etc. but you know what I mean). She knows it. You know it. Every mostly normal person on earth knows it. Lying to appease her makes her think you are weak. Women despise weakness. [/quote]

Saying she still turns me on is not a lie. Does she look as good? No, but I am still attracted to her. I am curious to know if either of you have dealt with the 4 headed monster that is the pregnant female on a daily basis. Picking the right times to laugh about her colossal over reactions when she has settled down and returned to normal has seemed to be the best strategy. [/quote]
Married 5 years with two kids. Second one is 1.5 months. And yes, I have done these things. I was much more of a pushover during the first pregnancy and in general it was much harder. During the second pregnancy, I made sure to let her know that I was ready to help but that I wasn’t going to take any crap. It went much smoother. I’m not saying there weren’t difficulties, but it was much better.

As far as saying she still turns you on being a strictly a lie, you’re missing the point. You’re telling her what she wants to hear and clearly ignoring part of the truth.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

The “I had a dream about you” scenario is such bullshit. I thought people were kidding about it being a real thing until it happened to me.[/quote]

My wife has literally woken me up with a fist because I cheated on her in her dream…smh women![/quote]
Lol same here

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

My wife has literally woken me up with a fist because I cheated on her in her dream…smh women![/quote]
Lol same here[/quote]

shame on both of you for cheating on your wimmenz - dont you know that dreams are reality to these creatures?

for shame~

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Lol same here[/quote]

In school I had a dream that my buddy had banged another girl in our class. His girlfriend was mad at him for a long time about that one. 3rd party cheat dreams are just as bad apparently.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]Silyak wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

“Dicks dont lie”.

Ya.

Just once.

Pretty please. [/quote]
^^This.

Saying she still turns me on is not a lie. Does she look as good? No, but I am still attracted to her. I am curious to know if either of you have dealt with the 4 headed monster that is the pregnant female on a daily basis. Picking the right times to laugh about her colossal over reactions when she has settled down and returned to normal has seemed to be the best strategy. [/quote]

Dude, she knows she is emotional and she knows she is not acting right…

I am all for cutting her some slack because she is emotional and cries because of insurance commercials and stuff, I am!

But, this stuff does not have to scary, or draining, just hop on the dramatrain and roll with it.

It is just, when they freak out, you cant just roll over and present your belly as a token of submission, you gotta take control.

If she cant, you have to.

Thats like your job man!

Ok, last post about this because I have unintentionally derailed this awesome thread enough. I am not nor have I ever been a push over, and she knows it. You cant be the dominant one in a household with a strong woman if you are. With that cleared up, trying to make her feel wanted when she is a little down without adding the qualifier “but you looked better 9 months ago” is not being a pushover, its being a good husband.

Being slightly understanding and not biting her head off every time she has a hormonal outburst isn’t being a pushover, its exercising patience in a situation that calls for it and if I didn’t exercise that patience it would show more insecurity than strength. By remaining calm with her and letting her vent before I then address the situation, it works out better for everyone. As the leader of my household, addressing issues in a manner that doesn’t escalate an already volatile situation (if possible) is the best course of action.

And I never said anything about apologizing because as you said, provided I didn’t actually do something that I need to apologize for, is not a good option. That is all, this internet stuff is serious business and I have defended my E-honor.

Edited for clarity

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
That is all, this internet stuff is serious business and I have defended my E-honor.

[/quote]

Your E-honor is fully intact Sir…

“trying to make her feel wanted when she is a little down without adding the qualifier “but you looked better 9 months ago” is not being a pushover, its being a good husband.”

^^^^^THIS. Good man.

Here we go…Chapter 5 in the series: “The Doctor Visit”…enjoy!

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
Picking the right times to laugh about her colossal over reactions when she has settled down and returned to normal has seemed to be the best strategy. [/quote]

lol, yeah dude, you’re doing fine.

But like DJ said, the kid is going to try you much more.

[quote]eddiealfano wrote:
Here we go…Chapter 5 in the series: “The Doctor Visit”…enjoy!

[/quote]

lol, so true

If the doctor doesn’t say, “You could have died if you waited one more day”, well then you went to the doctor too soon.

I’ve bled out my ear before.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Which reminds me of the drop dead nurse practitioner that gave me a physical the other day (one I did not even remotely want to have but was required) and asked me if wanted her to show me how to check for a inguinal (pelvic/scrotal) hernia…[/quote]

That’s a pretty random way to come on to a fella…