Things I'm Sick Of On The Internet

1. Bacon. Sure it’s OK in real life, but the way it’s talked about on the internet you’d think these people hadn’t heard of steak.

2. Zombies. Fuck! No more zombies.

3. Video players that aren’t youtube. They all load like it’s 1999.

[quote]Nards wrote:

1. Bacon. Sure it’s OK in real life, but the way it’s talked about on the internet you’d think these people hadn’t heard of steak.

2. Zombies. Fuck! No more zombies.

3. Video players that aren’t youtube. They all load like it’s 1999.

[/quote]
I agree with points 1 and 2 very much so. After a while, I don’t want to hear about bacon and zombies anymore.

Also, preteens on the internet. To be fair, I am not far removed (only 19), but my gosh, they are annoying.

Every semi-decent thread always turns into a shitfight after trolls and retards talk shit and divert attention to themselves.

Needy fucks

The stupid willy wonka picture with all the different savings

On facebook: How only women do that thing where their status update is actually addressed to an inanimate object that can’t actually hear what they’re saying…like this:
Dear rain, please go away
or Sinuses, you can stop being so bitchy, thanks.

Also, onyoutube, they need a big blue star or some shit right on top of the video’s preview image to let you know when it’s not a real video but a collection of images instead…and a red star if it’s one with a shitty song playing overtop of those images.

1. Cats

2. Than/then and lose/loose. Just being exposed to so much poor English, really.

3. That awkward moment when…

4. Youtube comments

5. Old people being unaware of internet etiquette. I recently found out someone I’d known all my life and just seen at Christmas had died via a Facebook post complete with jolly little tune from Youtube.

[quote]Diddy Ryder wrote:

1. Cats

2. Than/then and lose/loose. Just being exposed to so much poor English, really.

3. That awkward moment when…

4. Youtube comments

5. Old people being unaware of internet etiquette. I recently found out someone I’d known all my life and just seen at Christmas had died via a Facebook post complete with jolly little tune from Youtube.

[/quote]
Ditto for number 5, my mother sent me an email when my grandfather died. No follow up call or anything.

I’ll add “memes” to the list.

[quote]Nards wrote:

Also, onyoutube, they need a big blue star or some shit right on top of the video’s preview image to let you know when it’s not a real video but a collection of images instead…and a red star if it’s one with a shitty song playing overtop of those images.[/quote]

Or when you go to look up a real sports clip on youtube and some sad twat has posted a clip from a bloody playstation game under that title. It’s very common with UFC stuff. Who wants to see a clip from someone else’s computer game? Wankers.

The time I’ve wasted, it must be literally seconds.

[quote]Just_Matt wrote:

[quote]Diddy Ryder wrote:

1. Old people being unaware of internet etiquette. I recently found out someone I’d known all my life and just seen at Christmas had died via a Facebook post complete with jolly little tune from Youtube.

[/quote]
Ditto for number 5, my mother sent me an email when my grandfather died. No follow up call or anything.
[/quote]

^^^ kind of relates to both of these, a girl called in to a radio show to say that she’d received a text from her mother one day saying “your Grandad has just died. LOL”

She thought it meant lots of love!!

1. Blogs. - Just because you have a clever way with words and a professional looking site doesn’t mean that what you’re saying has any real importance to anyone.

2. “Make me a sammich” - Real men make their own sammiches (and better than females), so your command not only shows your misogyny, it shows how incompetent a male you really are.

3. Anything StarWars - Over-rated “sci-fi” film with a half-assed story line does not make for great memes and art spin-offs. Besides, Darth Vader wasn’t even scary.

4. Rage Faces - Poorly-drawn cartoons and ‘herp derp’ crap aren’t funny - especially when it’s obvious that middle schoolers are behind most of them.

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:
The stupid willy wonka picture with all the different savings[/quote]

So is this like a Willy Wonka coupon?

I think I’d actually like that.

[quote]FarmerBrett wrote:
She thought it meant lots of love!![/quote]

Before the internet it did!

I just can’t believe they don’t realise how crass a text message or FB post is to give this kind of news. In my case I was scrolling down the FB news feed past banal posts like “Great match Saturday”, “Really looking forward to holiday”, “Can’t wait to finish work”, and then “Uncle X is dead. This was his favourite tune!”.

I was trying to think how to explain this to older, non-internet savvy people, and I think it must equate to sending a postcard along the lines of “Hi, food is great and weather is lovely, took some great photos. Your uncle’s dead”.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Real men make their own sammiches (and better than females), so your command not only shows your misogyny[/quote]
Did the irony here just go right over your head? Wait, who am I talking to, of course it did. :wink:

I could do without fail compilation videos where half the “fails” are car or motorcycle crashes with the person/s involved clearly not surviving.

Also, Youtube celebrities. List of YouTubers - Wikipedia
Having it be this easy for someone to become “famous” cannot be a good thing for future generations.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Real men make their own sammiches (and better than females), so your command not only shows your misogyny[/quote]
Did the irony here just go right over your head? Wait, who am I talking to, of course it did. :wink:
[/quote]

Nature or Nuture?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

1. “Make me a sammich” - Real men make their own sammiches (and better than females), so your command not only shows your misogyny, it shows how incompetent a male you really are.

[/quote]

I thought we were freinds.

prick.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

1. “Make me a sammich” - Real men make their own sammiches (and better than females), so your command not only shows your misogyny, it shows how incompetent a male you really are.

[/quote]

That is not misogyny.

Taking over one of the few jobs women excel at however is.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

1. Blogs. - Just because you have a clever way with words and a professional looking site doesn’t mean that what you’re saying has any real importance to anyone.

2. “Make me a sammich” - Real men make their own sammiches (and better than females), so your command not only shows your misogyny, it shows how incompetent a male you really are.

3. Anything StarWars - Over-rated “sci-fi” film with a half-assed story line does not make for great memes and art spin-offs. Besides, Darth Vader wasn’t even scary.

4. Rage Faces - Poorly-drawn cartoons and ‘herp derp’ crap aren’t funny - especially when it’s obvious that middle schoolers are behind most of them.

[/quote]

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
How’s this fit in with making my sammich?[/quote]

Uh oh.

I too hate Zombie Bacon

The bacon fad is fucking stupid.

I’ve been eating bacon all my life I already know it’s good without all these assholes making unfunny comments about it.

Zombies are stupid too, I forgot where I read it but someone brought up the point that zombies could never prosper even if they existed, due to the fact that their main source of food is also their main predator.

Old men with no sense of humor on the internet (see this thread)