Things I'm Sick Of In Movies

you just proved my point, when someone disagrees with you, you immediately call them a troll and dismiss their opinions as shit, and I will gladly leave, love the information from this site, the community sucks, maybe ill make another account if I ever need an ego boost

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
BB.com troll where the fuck is DB Cooper when you need him?

You no like our boards? Please feel free to GTFO.

[/quote]

YAY more Hallowed memes!

I hate the technique they use to denote a quiet introspective moment. You know the tracing of a window pane with a finger or running their hand down the wallpaper. Ugh.

Ugly men in movies are OK? Glad to see the feminist movement is alive and kicking.

[quote]GCF wrote:
I hate the technique they use to denote a quiet introspective moment. You know the tracing of a window pane with a finger or running their hand down the wallpaper. Ugh.

Ugly men in movies are OK? Glad to see the feminist movement is alive and kicking.[/quote]

Oh lord this board is no fucking fun tonight! Let’s discuss feminism!

FML.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

FML.[/quote]

If this board is your life then ‘FML’ should really read ‘ML is F’

[quote]jward7892 wrote:

My point was that the community over there actually seems to care about being helpful and improving. [/quote]

Good point jward7892.

Is this your idea of what being helpfull and improving is? insults?

Self contradiction = your argument is fail.

The gyllthenhaalenoiz

[quote]GCF wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

FML.[/quote]

If this board is your life then ‘FML’ should really read ‘ML is F’
[/quote]

Yes, you have certainly upped the fun quotient.

Way to be!

I am really over the basic revenge motive in films, it has been done to fucking death.

X kills family at begining of movie y spends entire rest of movie hunting x down.

Don’t get me wrong though, there have been some fantastic fucking movies based on this formula.

No, what’s REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING (like, in the last 5-8 years) is when the trailer shows you ALL the funny/action/sexy scenes of the movie, such that what’s left in the movie is a 2 hour visual and emotionally unstimulating carcass of an afterthought. That probably didn’t make sense and I don’t give a fuck because I just had steak from a grassfed cow slaughtered privately for my host.

And what is this higher moral ground horseshit? (see Xmen Origins: Wolverine)

If you’re going to do an action flick and show violence, show me COLD BLOODED VIOLENCE. Fuck.

I’m big on some Nards lately. Nards and DB, we need to grab beers, fellas.

And re: Maggie G…

My buddy said she looks like the bottom of his shoe. I dig her onscreen personality (stranger than fiction) but no, she is nowhere near as hot as some traditional leading ladies.

I think Maggie Glynnjalle is cute. I’d smash.

I’m tired of movies costing Ten fucking dollars per ticket. Other than that, I never want to see Ben Stiller’s face in a movie again, but I seem to be getting that already, so I’m pretty good.

I’m sick of Hollywood not having any idea what cold is like. Take the Day after Tomorrow, there’s a fucking uberblizzard going on, New York gets covered in ice and Dennis Quaid steps into his magic tent and sits in a damn T-shirt. I don’t care how ugly you’d look in a hat and gloves, you’d die without them.

I really enjoy the fact that a shitload of movies nowadays are only made as vehicles to propel some hot new actor into the spotlight.

“ZOMG, THEY SAY HE’S THE NEXT DENIRO AND THAT HIS NEXT MOVIE IS LIKE HIS TAXI DRIVER.”

Fuck outta’ here.
If you can’t predict the ending to about 65% (conservative number) of the garbage that comes out in theaters…I just don’t know.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
My buddy said she looks like the bottom of his shoe. I dig her onscreen personality (stranger than fiction) but no, she is nowhere near as hot as some traditional leading ladies.[/quote]

I thought the same thing about her in that movie. She was cute because of her personality in that but generally shes unattractive. To say simply she gets work because people think she’s attractive is pretty fucking retarded, especially with the massive lack of female talent out there right now.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
BB.com troll where the fuck is DB Cooper when you need him?

You no like our boards? Please feel free to GTFO.

[/quote]
jesus christ sieriously? again? god damn.

Ehh who cares if she isn’t the prettiest women she can act, cry more bitches.

[quote]kakno wrote:
I’m sick of Hollywood not having any idea what cold is like. Take the Day after Tomorrow, there’s a fucking uberblizzard going on, New York gets covered in ice and Dennis Quaid steps into his magic tent and sits in a damn T-shirt. I don’t care how ugly you’d look in a hat and gloves, you’d die without them.[/quote]

Thats right, and there are no damn Wolves and his head ain’t on fire.

This is just suspension of disbeleif. Although I agree that some films take it too far.

Things I’m sick and tired of in movies? Hmm…

Russell Crowe(He’s a New Zealander BTW)

Mel Gibson(He’s American BTW)

Any film directed by Steven Spielberg

Any film containing Ben Affleck’s stupid fucking face

Matt Damon - liberal dipshit

Tom Hanks - Ditto

Benicio del Toro - Fucking ditto with a big red star

I’m sure I’ve missed several thousand. I tend not to watch films that were made after 1958.

Reminder: Russell Crowe and Mel Gibson are NOT Australians. I apologise sincerely for Steve Irwin however.

I’m sick of Hollywood getting English accents wrong, especially the Norwegian one, which is always so overdone that it makes me embarrassed that someone might think that I speak like that.

I also still vividly remember an episode of The X-files that took place in Northern Norway. In one or two scenes there was supposed to be Norwegians speaking Norwegian, but instead of hiring a couple of Norwegian actors to this simple job, they invented their own completely incomprehensible mock Norwegian. They spoke about as Norwegian as the Swedish cook spoke Swedish in the Muppet Show back in the seventies. I also seem to recall that the “Norwegian” fishermen looked like a cross bewtween cavemen and hobos, because of course you can’t possibly look like a normal person and work on a fishing boat. I found that incredibly disrespectful, and I’ve been wondering ever since if they do this with other peoples and languages I don’t understand as well.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Things I’m sick and tired of in movies? Hmm…

Russell Crowe(He’s a New Zealander BTW)

Mel Gibson(He’s American BTW)

Reminder: Russell Crowe and Mel Gibson are NOT Australians. I apologise sincerely for Steve Irwin however.[/quote]

Oh come now, you can’t steal Russ from us and then disown him. He’s one of you now, for better or worse.

And little Mel is still an Aussie at heart.

And leave Irwin alone, he died as he lived. With animals in his heart.