Things I'm Sick Of In Commercials

Old Spice hiring that “Fabio” guy. It doesn’t work at all. He tries too hard.

Bring the black guy back!

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’m tired of seeing men portrayed as idiots and buffoons in commercials. [/quote]

My misogynistic theory for this is that they are pandering to women who I guess sit in front of the TV and are more easily coerced by it than men.
[/quote]

And supposedly THIS commercial is supposed to be a reverse of that;

I fucking HATE this commercial. It’s horrible, why would this ad possibly attract me to their service? I don’t understand some advertising campaigns.

[/quote]

I completely agree. This commercial is extremely aggravating.

I watch virtually no TV except for NFL games but I despise this commercial intensely. the guy in it is the quintessential worthless twit.
[/quote]

Yeah, but he DID get the last “laugh”.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
That freaking animal cruelty commercial… I just can’t stand it… I don’t want to cry but they’re trying to make me…[/quote]

These are the worst. As soon as I hear the music, I run out of the room.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
That freaking animal cruelty commercial… I just can’t stand it… I don’t want to cry but they’re trying to make me…[/quote]

These are the worst. As soon as I hear the music, I run out of the room.[/quote]

ahah so I’m not alone on this.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

These are the worst. As soon as I hear the music, I run out of the room.[/quote]

Same. The mute goes on or the channel changes immediately.

In the same vein, I also hate those starving kid commercials. For only $1 a day you can save a child.

[quote]Christine wrote:

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

In the same vein, I also hate those starving kid commercials. For only $1 a day you can save a child.
[/quote]

For some reason, I’m skeptical about the starving kids and where all the money really goes.

They probably do get the money and feed those kids but somehow, TV ads are just too damn sketchy. Maybe its from all the sad news we see everyday about some greedy bastards taking advantage of these situations.

[quote] SmilingPolitely wrote:
I want to punch this little piece of shit right in the mouth and then rip out his mother’s ovaries to ensure she can never produce another hell spawn like him… Too much?
Riley Thomas Stewart - Toyota Highlander Commercial (2010) - YouTube [/quote]

Mother, Father - I compell you to purchase a Highlander for my Christmas gift, even though I am far too precocious a child to believe in such a laughable concept as Santa Claus…

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:

[quote]Christine wrote:

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[/quote]

For some reason, I’m skeptical about the starving kids and where all the money really goes.

They probably do get the money and feed those kids but somehow, TV ads are just too damn sketchy. Maybe its from all the sad news we see everyday about some greedy bastards taking advantage of these situations.[/quote]

Yes, but if you weren’t so skeptical, you could have saved the lives of several children by donating just $1 a day…in fact, you now have the deaths of those children on your conscience for the rest of your life…all because you didn’t donate just $1 a day…

x2 on the ads where men are made out to be idiots and of course their smart sophisticated wife/girlfriend has all the answers. The example of this that most pissed me off were those commercials for Rhapsody where the guy is a total child/dumbass.

I feel insulted watching these, and I guess it panders to women but mostly it’s insulting to the intelligence of the viewer, male or female. Another example are the Microsoft ads where they turn a person’s home into a Microsoft store so that they can look at computers. Invariably they’ll pick one based on it’s shininess or light weight or something stupid like that. Why would I be persuaded to buy a computer if the other people buying it appear to be thoroughly retarded?

Also x2 on the ads that display supposedly real reactions to products/etc. Just tell me the specs and let me make a decision, don’t show me a bunch of cherrypicked (at best, more likely staged) footage and think that because this girl with a massive hard-on for Mike Rowe thought buying a Ford was a good idea, I’m going to do the same.

I find this commercial creepy. I can’t figure out why it should make me want to buy a Prius. It makes me think of being assimilated into the Borg.

[quote]SmilingPolitely wrote:
I want to punch this little piece of shit right in the mouth and then rip out his mother’s ovaries to ensure she can never produce another hell spawn like him… Too much?
[/quote]

Yup. This one is a variation on what ID is talking about. Instead of men as idiots, the parents are portrayed as losers. I get tired of the too smart kids with parents that are stupid. And it makes me want to sell my Highlander. :slight_smile:

[quote]timbofirstblood wrote:
Another example are the Microsoft ads where they turn a person’s home into a Microsoft store so that they can look at computers. Invariably they’ll pick one based on it’s shininess or light weight or something stupid like that. Why would I be persuaded to buy a computer if the other people buying it appear to be thoroughly retarded?[/quote]

I’ll give you that one. So do they just give them a free $1,000 computer, or what?

CS

What is this “commercials” thing of which you speak?

I hate little kids being exploited for their supposed cuteness in commercials for Luncheables, Mac and Cheese etc… I also hate milk splashing off of a berry in a cereal commercial.

I do like the Dairy Queen “mouth” character though.

Pharmaceutical commercials. All of them.

You’ll inevitably see two seniors on a tandem bike, a family enjoying a picnic, or a couple in loving embrace gazing at a sunset - all the while hearing warnings about the inevitable bleeding spleen, rectal spasms, ventrical atrophy, nerve de-myelination and urge to jump off a skyscraper and splatter bloody chunks of offal all over the sidewalk that you’ll experience if you decide to take the drug in question.