Thin Is In Fellas...

oh man, i couldn’t stop laughing during that interview. that group of scrawny fags even all had the emo pussy hair cut as well.

Those are the type of guys who get folded up like accordians and stuffed in garbage cans at clubs when they start causing problems. WTF kind of chick would want a guy who couldn’t help her carry the groceries, much less make her feel “safe” just by being around.

They look like a bunch of Shaggy clones. Tell me, how can you expect a guy w/ a name like Kaegan to grow up and be masculine???

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
I thought people were kidding about this stuff.

I’m glad my world growing up was nothing like that. It’s now a fad to be a walking target? This isn’t happening everywhere. There are still neighborhoods where you would get your ass kicked for walking around acting like that.

They actually seem proud that girls would walk by and say, “wow, I guess there are some people skinnier than us”. That’s now a compliment?[/quote]

I’m with you prof., I grew up in a small farming town where highschool football was a pretty big deal, so growing up all my friends and I were always bustin our ass to get bigger and I guess I just assumed every teenage male was the same way.

Until college I had never even heard of a guy over 6 feet tall that weighed 150ish who WASN’T trying put on muscle.

Looking back I’m pretty glad I grew up in a small town and didn’t have these metro type guys who want to be paper thin.

I would like to note, for the James Woods’ on this site, that this news agency is covering this in a way that seems to take for granted that this type of behavior is aberrant or deviant. And I think it is. I don’t know many people that WANT to be a pussy.

There is one thing. IF you have some size on you smaller people assume you carry a tough guy stance and always testing you. It might be the furthest thing from the truth.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
Good! I hope it gets way out of hand too.

It will make me look bigger relative to all the super skinny guys walking around.[/quote]

I agree, and I hope it stays that way until my daughter starts dating. That way, I can tell these skinny guys that if they ever try something funny, I’m gonna kick their ass, and it won’t be an empty threat.

Heck, I’d rather this trend keep growing.

I’d be getting tail thrown at me left and right.

[quote]Gorilla96 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

I’m glad my world growing up was nothing like that. It’s now a fad to be a walking target? This isn’t happening everywhere. There are still neighborhoods where you would get your ass kicked for walking around acting like that.

They actually seem proud that girls would walk by and say, “wow, I guess there are some people skinnier than us”. That’s now a compliment?

I’m with you prof., I grew up in a small farming town where highschool football was a pretty big deal, so growing up all my friends and I were always bustin our ass to get bigger and I guess I just assumed every teenage male was the same way.

Until college I had never even heard of a guy over 6 feet tall that weighed 150ish who WASN’T trying put on muscle.

Looking back I’m pretty glad I grew up in a small town and didn’t have these metro type guys who want to be paper thin.[/quote]

I hear ya. I’m the middle child (read rebel) and always admired my older brother, who was a big dude since the day he was born. In high school his senior year, he sat at 280 pounds at 6’5" and was an intimidating force. He was a pitcher and threw into the high 90’s. I would stuff my face to no end trying to get bigger. I saw how strong he was, and how other people viewed him and damnit, I wanted that! Imitation as flattery we’ll say. Never in my wildest dreams would the polar opposite become desirable. Trust me “Keagan”, you aren’t at risk for becoming too bulky and gross, far from it.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

They actually seem proud that girls would walk by and say, “wow, I guess there are some people skinnier than us”. That’s now a compliment?

Every now and then a girl walks by me and says something like that…

then she ducks into the buffet and I never do see her again:([/quote]

I just spit water out of my nose. Thanks.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:

At the facility, the ratio of female to male patients is 13-1.

The question is, is all that pussy in the recovery places worth it to be that skinny? :-p[/quote]

haha, hell ya it is… if you like sleepin with a sack of antlers

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

They actually seem proud that girls would walk by and say, “wow, I guess there are some people skinnier than us”. That’s now a compliment?[/quote]

LOL - I knew you would post here. I was thinking to myself, I’d hate to be a poor skinny bastard that needed the Prof’s attention today after he reads this. Somewhere Prof X is seething. Then boom, here you are. Prof X - the unashamed voice of “big”. Right on!

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
I would like to note, for the James Woods’ on this site, that this news agency is covering this in a way that seems to take for granted that this type of behavior is aberrant or deviant. And I think it is. I don’t know many people that WANT to be a pussy.[/quote]

I agree. Aesthetic standards may be different for most of the country than T-Nation, but I have never met anyone like this. Nor met anyone, guy or girl, that thinks 140 at 6ft actually looks good. Maybe a lean 180. To each her/his own. But nothing like these people described here.

I am always amazed at the univeristy gym. I am 5’10", and 205, which is NOT a big guy. And I see these guys at the gym that are 6’4" and 6’6", and I have 30 pounds on them. It always amazes me when a tall guy weighs like 170.
I have always kinda feared that I could never be a big guy, because I am not tall, but I feel a lot better when I go to the gym, and see a 170, 6’6" guy doing crunches and running.