T Nation

Thighs Rubbing Together

I recently started a 5x5 program a couple of weeks ago, been eating good and have already put on about 5 lbs of weight.

The only problem is my thighs rub together when I walk now and it is really annoying. So basically I either have to walk like a retard with a stick up my ass or I have to deal with them rubbing together and chafing.

I don't even have "huge" legs by any means, I'm only 175 lbs and I only squat 190. I'm not really sure what I should do at this point, I want to keep squatting but not if it means I can't walk normal. What should I do?

facepalm

My thighs have rubbed together for ove 20 yrs, whats the issue?

wear boxer briefs.

[quote]mr popular wrote:
facepalm

[/quote]
Wow thanks for the constructive help. It’s called the “beginner” forum for a reason, I just started lifting not too long ago and I’m posting here looking for help, if you don’t want to help then don’t post.

[quote]
My thighs have rubbed together for ove 20 yrs, whats the issue?[/quote]
Well mine haven’t, I guess I’m just not used to it, its just causing skin irritation and its pretty uncomfortable. I guess it’s just something I’ll have to get used to.

[quote]
wear boxer briefs.[/quote]
I think I’m going to try that and see if it helps, it seems like it would. Thanks.

you’ll get used to it. Probably will need to wear underarmor type stuff (lycra/spandex), or use bodyglide/vaseline, if you run.

your growing up. other things will change too(voice, hair in different places etc…)

lol; sorta fucking with ya dude.

don’t sweat it…or wear cordory pants…then it’s annoying for everyone else.

Once you get used, it’s actually a nice feeling; I missed it when I had to stop training for I while.

I had to start wearing the underarmour ones once I started working at a dusty warehouse.

Works to a point but yeah, sucks. I’ve heard talc powder works to alleviate it some./

GOLD BOND

[quote]xkungpowx wrote:
GOLD BOND[/quote]

x2

Oh please. Not another one of these threads

Please tell me you’re 175 lbs at 5 ft. It’s the only way I can invision you having this problem.

Or…maybe you’re just severely knock-kneed?

[quote]Brohan wrote:
My thighs have rubbed together for ove 20 yrs, whats the issue?
Well mine haven’t, I guess I’m just not used to it, its just causing skin irritation and its pretty uncomfortable. I guess it’s just something I’ll have to get used to.
[/quote]

Unless your hygiene is lacking or you are spending an inordinate amount of time walking around without pants on I cannot see how you are getting skin irritation?

Once when I went to DIsney WOrld with my boys I wore running shorts which are a bit shorter than standard shorts between the heat and the friction I got a little red from all the walking but man seriously in over twenty yrs never had any issues from being big and bodyparts rubbing.

^ every skin type is diferent, some are more sensitive than others.

Underarmor helps a lot. And eventually you will get used to it.

[quote]Turiel wrote:
^ every skin type is diferent, some are more sensitive than others.

Underarmor helps a lot. And eventually you will get used to it.[/quote]

Seconded, I just wear them all the time, it’s no big deal.