THIB'S TIP: Workout regulation

Alright, thanks for your input CT! I will change my workouts around this. Noone has ever talked about this before, atleast what I have seen/heard, so it’s new to me. All my former trainers have had the mentality to “train until your body cant lift anymore” which is quite draining on the CNS.

Yes, CT, I feel a bit like the Canada East CF contender…too much Paleo, not enough carbs and over-training (for me, as a Masters Div), leads to a stale performance. I think more rice and yams and 2 easy training days per week would have been the ticket. Live and learn.

[quote]Scipio wrote:
Yes, CT, I feel a bit like the Canada East CF contender…too much Paleo, not enough carbs and over-training (for me, as a Masters Div), leads to a stale performance. I think more rice and yams and 2 easy training days per week would have been the ticket. Live and learn.[/quote]

Been there… done that… bought a t-shirt! Live an learn.

Did the test once, and scored 63 and 117. Is there a handicap for old farts?

[quote]Stew wrote:
Did the test once, and scored 63 and 117. Is there a handicap for old farts?[/quote]

The important thing is not the score itself, but the daily fluctuations

OK, here is the tap logging web app mentioned earlier:
http://www.mrcwebapps.com/mrcjava/servlet/TNATION.mrcMenu

You can register and then log as many taps as you would like. Note the email is required so that you can get your password if you ever forget it, I’m not gonna sell your info or anything crazy like that.

This is an early version, I’m going to add better graphs and such, but wanted to let you guys try it out and then add to it going further. As always, constructive comments are welcomed.

This seems like it will be a very useful tool. Thanks CT and geneticsynergy. I used it today both pre and post workout. I got 88/166 pre amd 85/160 post. Does this mean it was a little too much volume for me? I did your new strength emphasis layer you just put up minus the very final max set at 70 percent. I did manage to hit a nice 5 lb PR on the decline tilt bench at 360. Its been ridiculous how much my strength has shot up since beginning the layer system a few months ago.