Thib's Q&A

[quote]actionjeff wrote:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/loading_at_the_end_of_a_diet

do you mind quickly skimming over the questions I posted in this short thread and responding here Thibs? Someone told me to just ask here

mucho appreciated

-Jeff [/quote]

For the benefit of the readers this was your original post alng with my answers:

[quote]actionjeff wrote:
''If someone was finishing up a cut to a low BF and was depleted at the end, they would look a lot bigger in the muscles with the same BF if they replenished their glycogen stores right? [/quote]

Look bigger and fuller, yes. A LOT bigger, probably not. The difference will make an impact if your body fat is low, but this surcompensation effect only last a day or so.

[quote]actionjeff wrote:
Would you carb load to replenish your stores and then load stuff like creatine, glycerine (saw laroyal mention this) , water manipulation/loading? Anything else? [/quote]

I wrote a rather detailed article on this subject. Look for it, it’s called Getting shredded in 6 days or something like that.

[quote]actionjeff wrote:
Also, how much weight would you expect to gain, [/quote]

This is highly variable and depends on how much glycogen you can store among other things. Could be anywhere from 2lbs up to 15lbs if one drinks a lot (but this will blur definition). My personal record is 23lbs in 6 hours… NOT a comfortable feeling.

But for physique-enhancement purposes one should gain around 3-5lbs of scale weight. More than that would likely result in blurred definition.

[quote]actionjeff wrote:
would this result in looking significantly fatter/losing definition? [/quote]

It could, that’s the problem. If you ingest too much carbs or drink too much, you will retain a lot of water and some of it will be beneath the skin, which will blur out definition. This is called ‘‘spilling over’’.

Peaking physically is not easy as each body is different.

I often noticed that people will look better after a carb-up day THEN a low-carbs day (e.g. load on Saturday, low-carbs on sunday, look best by monday). This is because you will still hold much of the stored glycogen (muscle look full) while the low carbs day will help you flush out excess water that might make you look less defined.

[quote]actionjeff wrote:
I want to look as big as possible for a few weeks while on vacation[/quote]

1. Why do you want to look as big as possible, to intimidate other men at the beach or to impress the girls? Trust me, they will NOT notice a 2-5 (or even 10)lbs difference.

2. You can’t maintain a carb loaded peak for long. The surcompensation effect is quickly lost and continuing to eat more and more carbs is more likely to make you gain fat.