Thib's Q&A - Up to the End of May

Hey Christian…
i have a question regarding vertical jump training…i would like to know your toughts on this program i am setting up…
here it is anyway…there is sprinting aswell as the goal is speed also…and when my squat is big and along with sprinting my vert goes up without jumping…is this too much volume…btw i think it is great you are helping people out with this Q&A…

do you any produts related to vertical jump or power training i like your work…i have seen your articles on this site and they were a good read…thanks anyway

MONDAY
Speed eg 5x15m 5x40
Broad jump and vertical jump 3x4

Squat 5x5 Ramping weight to top set of 5 (which should equal the previous Fridayâ??s heavy triple)
Power clean5x5 Ramping weight to top set of 5 (which should equal the previous Fridayâ??s heavy triple)

TUESDAY
Dynamic warm up…core…light tempo

WEDNESDAY
Plyo
4 exercises 3x4.hurdle hops…
Squat 4x5 First 3 sets are the same as Monday, the 4th set is repeating the 3rd set again

High Pull 4x5 Ramping weight to top set of 5

THURSDAY
tempo…core…light tempo

FRIDAY
Sprints 5x15m 5x30m…bounding 6x30m

Squat 4x5, 1x3, 1x8 First 4 sets are the same as Mondayâ??s, the triple is 2.5% above your Monday top set of 5, use the weight from the 3rd set for a final set of 8

Powerclean 4x5, 1x3, 1x8 First 4 sets are the same as Mondayâ??s, the triple is 2.5% above your Monday top set of 5, use the weight from the 3rd set for a final set of 8

Coach,

I think I remember a while back you stated men don’t need to take supplemental calcium, and that it might even be harmful due to plaque build up in the arteries? Do you still believe this even if someone does not consume any dairy? I do get a couple of servings of dark green leafy vegetables a day though.

On a related note what is your opinion on Vit D supplementation? Unecessary? Any benefits, or amounts and form to take? Thanks.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
jstines wrote:
Coach, I seem to remember you saying something along the lines of 12g Casein Hydrolysate would be absorbed as well or better than 50-60g whey isolate, but I can’t remember what the estimated numbers actually were and can’t seem to find the post where this was mentioned. Can you clarify this?

That’s not what I said at all!

I said that casein hydrolysate is absorbed so fast that it easily creates a state called hyperaminoacidemia, which stimulate anabolism. I then mention that to get the same state from a regular whey protein you would need a much higher dose. In that regard 12-20g of casein hydrolysate would have the same effect as 40-50g of whey.[/quote]

That makes much more sense. Thanks for clearing that up!

[quote]300andabove wrote:
Any chance of seeing the new Amit pictures if you have time to put em up.

What competition is he doing or is it just monthly pictures ?

Cheers.[/quote]

He is competing this weekend, European championships.

These pics are from this morning.

Cheers.[/quote]

Cheers.[/quote]

Cheers.[/quote]

Cheers.[/quote]

Cheers.[/quote]

He looks fucking hardcore!!

How do you actually train him? Is it all e-mail, phone calls etc… Or is he out in Canada?

LR

Coach,
Another question on the nutrition for RPT. I’ve got my basic daily diet set up below minus carb up day (not much room for variety w/ no carbs):
a) Surge: 1/2 pre and 1 svg post workout and there are my carbs for the day.
b) 3 solid meals, bkfst/lunch/dinner (40-50g protein from either eggs, grilled fish/ckn/beef) with the fat coming from salad w/ olive oil or 1 oz of mixed nuts.
c) 2 snacks in btwn meals, 1 bedtime (2 scoops of Grow! whey + 1 oz mixed nuts)

My 2 questions:

1. For my solid meals, aside from the chicken… when i go w/ eggs, fish or beef which has a lot more fat, should i avoid the mixed nuts/olive oil for additonal fat so as to not go too far over my daily limits? Like eating a salmon steak straight up b/c it has 40g protein, 20g fat.

2. Am i overdoing it with the whey protein? i’m taking about 7 svgs/day not counting the Surge. should i be trying to consume more real food protein? i like the whey options out of convenience @ work.

I’m 190lbs, 6’1", 15% bodyfat. By the calcs in the program i need to get roughly 40-45g protein, 20g fat x 6 meals. (65g carbs)

Any snack suggestions for variety appreciated. Thanks.

I have recently read your beast evolves article and I am trying to mimic that approach. I also read the carb codex. Would you have used the carb codex during that transformation if you were doing it all over again?

RustBeltGym wrote:
CT,

When it comes to triceps development, how would you compare exercise choices like 3-board presses, floor presses, partial OH presses off of pins, and lifts of that nature to dips in terms of risk-to-benefit ratio? The partial exercises seem like they would help best overload the triceps while sparing the shoulders (not to mention give you a lot of flexibility in terms of altering stress on the different heads of the triceps), while dips clearly provide a significant stress to the triceps in their own right and work more overall musculature for a significant hormonal boost. However dips definitely are more stressful to the shoulders than the other choices listed. Would you rank the others choices as comparable to dips for triceps development or place them a cut below?

My own favorite triceps builder are:

• the partial close-grip bench (slightly inside shoulders) either done off of boards or in the power rack starting off of pins.

• partial overhead press off of pins

• the JM press

I like the floor press, but it don’t see it as a triceps dominant exercise despite the reduced range of motion.

I know that it’s popular to say that dips are a great triceps builder, but personally I never go that much triceps stimulation despite using hefty weights. I like the exercise as an overall upper body movement, but not as my main triceps movement.[/quote]

When it comes to the partial overhead presses off pins, does the bar have to be right overhead or in front of the head? Thanks

CT ive said it before and ill say it again lol.

Your some coach !

He looks in near perfect condition, massive guy.

AMIT if you read this best luck as always !

Is it being broadcast anywhere or do i have to wait for youtube again ?

Congrats you two, hard work is paying off very well.

[quote]London Runner wrote:
He looks fucking hardcore!!

How do you actually train him? Is it all e-mail, phone calls etc… Or is he out in Canada?

LR[/quote]

LR Amit is Isreali and CT coaches him by email for the last what 5 years ??

Amit came 5th last year in the 80kg category so hopefully this year will do better !

Phadrues wrote:
Coach,

When utilizing the following post-workout nutrition of: 20g casein hydrolysate, 5g leucine, and .1g glycine/lb bodyweight during a fat loss phase is it advisable or advantageous to add Glutamine to the shake? Thanks.

I don’t see a real need for it. It might give you a slight glycogen build-up (20g of glutamine can form as much glycogen as 10g of carbs) and an immune system boost. But on the other hand, it might decrease the rate of absorption of the rest of the shake.[/quote]

So then you are moving away from glutamine in a PWO shake is what I understand from your above answer, yes? Is this just in general or is more because of the casein hydrosylate and how it works/is abosrbed?

Thanks coach!

Lol gotta love You Tube.

Enough said !

Amit if you manage it started a thread here drop by and say hi :slight_smile:

http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/amit_sapir

Hi all

Thank you on all the kind words
This year we are going to win
CT did an amazing Job!

Coach-I need the last part of the week
Please send it to me, its bad time for me here :slight_smile:

BTY-IT BORDACST LIVE ON IFBB.COM THERE ALINK IN THERE SITE

Coach,

You know so much when it comes to answering questions about nutrition, supplements, etc. I am an ongoing student at Citrus College in CA involved in getting my BS in Nutrition.

Are there particular classes or fields that go in depth with bodybuilding and nutrition combined? I am very intrigued with the two fields.

Thanks in advance!!!