Thib's Monday Series

I don’t know about you folks, but I find CT’s articles of the past 3 years or so to be the best around!

If I had these articles when I first started out, I would have saved months’- maybe even years’- worth of time and aggravation and even some NON-clinical depression.

The articles of the past 3 years - well, most of them - have been packed with simple, profound information. I personally use these articles as my training bible, so to speak:

Pump Down the Volume
How to Design a Damn Good Program I and II
Training Roadmap

The others have been great as well, especially the other series outlining his newly developed principles (forgot that series’ name).

I am also glad that he usually doesn’t write programs within his articles anymore and leaves it up to the reader to design his or her own.

He is one of the few(probably only now besides TC) authors on here who I will still read their articles if I see his on the front page. Affirms a lot of what I know and every once in a while teaches me a nice new nugget of information or puts out an idea to think about.

Good stuff from CT.

I find the diet in his latest article to be very interesting. May give it a shot at some point.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
He is one of the few(probably only now besides TC) authors on here who I will still read their articles if I see his on the front page. Affirms a lot of what I know and every once in a while teaches me a nice new nugget of information or puts out an idea to think about.

Good stuff from CT. [/quote]

Ditto.

I like Nate Green’s and Dr. Clay’s too.

I’m a fan. But I’m still young enough (should say inexperienced) to still read all the articles posted. I do learn from most of them even if I don’t apply their principles. But CT does stand out, in my opinion. I wish school was as interesting as reading his stuff. (you can tell I’m supposed to be studying for a Thermals and Fluids test tomorrow)

[quote]Scott M wrote:

x2 except I probably pick up more new things than you.

Curse you smart people.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
I don’t know about you folks, but I find CT’s articles of the past 3 years or so to be the best around!

If I had these articles when I first started out, I would have saved months’- maybe even years’- worth of time and aggravation and even some NON-clinical depression.

The articles of the past 3 years - well, most of them - have been packed with simple, profound information. I personally use these articles as my training bible, so to speak:

Pump Down the Volume
How to Design a Damn Good Program I and II
Training Roadmap

The others have been great as well, especially the other series outlining his newly developed principles (forgot that series’ name).

I am also glad that he usually doesn’t write programs within his articles anymore and leaves it up to the reader to design his or her own.
[/quote]

thats why when your 17 and youve read every ct article you got your shit covered haha

[quote]Scott M wrote:

you dont read any of Dr. Clay’s or Ellington Darden stuff or even injury prevention shit by Eric Cressey? CT deff is the best but personally i think we have a bunch of good authors here and then some not so good.

[quote]crod266 wrote:

thats why when your 17 and youve read every ct article you got your shit covered haha[/quote]

Knowing doesnt have anything to do with “having your shit covered”. Doing does.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
crod266 wrote:

thats why when your 17 and youve read every ct article you got your shit covered haha

Knowing doesnt have anything to do with “having your shit covered”. Doing does.[/quote]

this is deff true but you know what i mean. but dont worry i make sure to do it also ha

I enjoy Ellington’s piece’s about old time bodybuilding… not so much his training(and especially diet) advice. The other guys I will read if they are covering a topic I’m particularly fond of but I won’t necessarily click on an article just because X author wrote it… unless it’s CT.

I used to read every article here and even went back into the archives and read every single one that sounded remotely interesting… I’ve made a lot better progress since I stopped doing that.

I still can’t believe the guy makes the time to give us these things weekly. On top of his business, his own training, his recent marriage.

Mad respect. Wish I could shake the guy’s hand.