T Nation

Thib's Info on Fruits?

A while back, in the transformation of crewpierce log, Thib did a piece on fruits. Such as what fruits to eat together, what nes not to eat together, and wat ones to avoid. I am having trouble finding the link to this information. WOuld any of you be able to help?

Never mix acid and sweet fruits

You can mix acid and sub-acid or sub-acid and sweet

Acid fruits: Lemons, Oranges, Pineapples, Strawberries, Grapefruit, Kumquats, Sour fruits, Tomatoes, Tangerines, Lime

Sub-acid fruits: Apricots, Apples, Pears, Nectarines, Sweet Plums, Cherries, Mango, Raspberries, Kiwi, Blackberries, Blueberries, Cranberries

Sweet fruits: Bananas, Papaya, Dates, Prunes, Grapes, Cantaloupe, Coconuts, Mangos, Melons-all, Peaches, Pears, Watermelon, Dates, Figs, Pomegranates, Honeydew melon

1 portion of fruit = 15-20g of carbs. For example:
1 orange
2 lemons
2 limes
140g pineapple
200g strawberries
½ large grapefuit
2 tomatoes
2 tangerines
1 cup of apricot halves or 3 apricots
1 apple
½ pear
1 nectarine
100g cherries (or 1 cup)
½ mango
1 cup raspberries
1 cup blackberries
1 cup blueberries
1 ½ kiwi
½ banana
1 cup papaya
2-3 dates
Grapes ½ cup
1 cup cantaloupe
1 peach
1 ½ cup watermelon
2 figs
1 cup honeydew melon

That was what I was looking for. Thanks for the info.

food combining has zero evidence supporting its efficacy. Just because Thibaudeau (or whoever)said it works does not make it true. stop over thinking things and eat.

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
food combining has zero evidence supporting its efficacy. Just because Thibaudeau (or whoever)said it works does not make it true. stop over thinking things and eat.[/quote]

gotta agree with you there.

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
food combining has zero evidence supporting its efficacy. Just because Thibaudeau (or whoever)said it works does not make it true. stop over thinking things and eat.[/quote]

Likewise, just because there is no research supporting this doesn’t mean that it doesn’t work.

I think I’ll take my chances mixing strawberries and bananas.

I guess I’ll never get big and lean now. damn.

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
I think I’ll take my chances mixing strawberries and bananas.

I guess I’ll never get big and lean now. damn.[/quote]

Don’t worry, you’ll still have that annoying thing going for you.

And with this being the Internet, you can be as big, or as smart, as you want.

Anybody heard of that story/myth that if you drink orange juice and eat a banana on an empty stomach you can become hypoglycemic (maybe hyperglycemic?) ?

I’m not sure about it… but I tried it once… and I got extremely shakey and very light headed. I think that’s hypoglycemia… right? Eh, Idk.

Is this why Thibs is saying not to mix acidic and sweet fruits?

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:
Anybody heard of that story/myth that if you drink orange juice and eat a banana on an empty stomach you can become hypoglycemic (maybe hyperglycemic?) ?

I’m not sure about it… but I tried it once… and I got extremely shakey and very light headed. I think that’s hypoglycemia… right? Eh, Idk.

Is this why Thibs is saying not to mix acidic and sweet fruits?[/quote]

that makes no sense.

if anything it will raise (hyper) blood sugar, not lower it. Now, there is the possiblity that insulin could remove too much sugar from the bloodstream, leaving you with low blood sugar a little while after, but nothing dangerous for a healthy individual

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

that makes no sense.

if anything it will raise (hyper) blood sugar, not lower it. Now, there is the possiblity that insulin could remove too much sugar from the bloodstream, leaving you with low blood sugar a little while after, but nothing dangerous for a healthy individual[/quote]

lol I know it didn’t make sense but that’s why I was asking. I must’ve had low blood sugar a while after (which is moderate hypoglycemia, no?).

But again, is this the reasoning behind Thibs saying you shouldn’t mix acidic and sweet fruits?

Also, if there is the possibility that insulin would take too much blood sugar from the bloodstream… even if it raises blood sugar at first… but causes a loss a while after… isn’t that still creating some hypoglycemia? Or is low-blood sugar not the same as hypoglycemia?

If so, why is it flawed to say it would cause hypoglycemia even if it raises blood sugar at first? Cause it does lower blood sugar… but a while after.

My Grandmother always told me to never mix orange juice and bananas… and seeing this … and after trying it myself and feeling symptoms of low blood sugar… has drawn my interest.

The lesson learned here is that you should always listen to your grandmother.

Its fucking fruit.

Just eat it.