Thib Gets Ripped

August 9 happens to be a fantastic day to get married. Let’s see, what do I want for my 30th birthday … how about having Coach T personally train me. Sounds good.

Look forward to following your thread.

I used your Refined Physique Transformation and Destroying Fat strategies from August 07 thru the end of the year with awesome results.

[quote]kelleyb wrote:
Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
BTW, after doing some reading I decided to add 3000mg of evening primrose oil to my diet.

Reason being? (besides its rosie hue and flavor?)
[/quote]

It’s a good source of GLA which increases the production prostaglandins E1 (PGE1) which have much of the same benefits as the PGE3 produced from EPA/DHA. As such, it has much of the same benefits of omega-3s essential fatty acids but via a different pathway.

Hey CT–

Good luck on the cut and the upcoming marriage. I myself am cutting so I’ll be sure to read this thread often.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
kelleyb wrote:
BTW, after doing some reading I decided to add 3000mg of evening primrose oil to my diet.

Reason being? (besides its rosie hue and flavor?)

It’s a good source of GLA which increases the production prostaglandins E1 (PGE1) which have much of the same benefits as the PGE3 produced from EPA/DHA. As such, it has much of the same benefits of omega-3s essential fatty acids but via a different pathway. [/quote]

Interesting to note.

FWIW I’ve been having great success using the nutrition and training strategies you’ve written about with regards to fat loss.

hi CT. can i know what’s your caloric intake on this diet?

[quote]traineee wrote:
hi CT. can i know what’s your caloric intake on this diet?[/quote]

Honestly I don’t put much validity to “caloric intake.” I prefer to focus on “nutrient intake.” This is a ketogenic diet, so even if calories are low the body will not run out of energy since it will use ketones for fuel.

The main thing is not to lack the adequate protein/amino acids and essential fatty acids to promote muscle repair and growth.

But to give you an idea it’s around 2400 calories, which I might consider bumping a bit by adding another tablespoon of fish oil (15g).

Also, I cook my turkey in coconut oil, so each portion adds around 10g of fat.

Overall I have around 325g of protein (1.5g per pound), 30g or less of carbs, and around 110-115g of fat (0.5g per pound).

Thibs,
Could you please describe the straight arm pulldown/low pulley exercise? Thanks and good luck on your new program.

[quote]Overman wrote:
Thibs,
Could you please describe the straight arm pulldown/low pulley exercise? Thanks and good luck on your new program.[/quote]

Same thing as the straight arm pulldown, but from the low pulley. I don’t know how to explain it otherwise!

You are standing in front of the low-pulley station, your body position is kinda like a linebacker, your arms are fully extended in front of you, holding on to a straight bar.

From that position you bring the bar to your pelvis while keeping the arms straight and pulling the shoulder blades down and back

CT, just thought I would wish you well on your journey and congrats on getting married!! Going to be an interesting thread.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
traineee wrote:

Honestly I don’t put much validity to “caloric intake.” I prefer to focus on “nutrient intake.” This is a ketogenic diet, so even if calories are low the body will not run out of energy since it will use ketones for fuel.

The main thing is not to lack the adequate protein/amino acids and essential fatty acids to promote muscle repair and growth.

But to give you an idea it’s around 2400 calories, which I might consider bumping a bit by adding another tablespoon of fish oil (15g).

Overall I have around 325g of protein (1.5g per pound), 30g or less of carbs, and around 110-115g of fat (0.5g per pound).[/quote]

Thanks for the prompt reply CT.

Anyway, would you feel very hungry on this diet? Cause the amount of foods look really little.

Besides, why are you using liquid foods(ie Low-Carb Metabolic Drive) instead solid foods(ie meats), as I remember you saying that you prefer solid foods when dieting down since it keeps you fuller. My guess is that the problem lies in your busy schedule.

Last question, when dieting down, can large amounts of green fibrous vegetables(ie brocolli) be consumed so that one feels full? The amount could be 2-3 cups per meal, for maybe 2-3 meals out of 5-6 meals in a day.

Maybe slightly off topic but why do you never use Carbolin 19 or ever talk about it? Even in your Physique Clinics none of them take Carbolin 19. I’m just curious as to what your take is on it.

Thibs, how many contests have you taken part in?

[quote]traineee wrote:
traineee wrote:

Overall I have around 325g of protein (1.5g per pound), 30g or less of carbs, and around 110-115g of fat (0.5g per pound).

Thanks for the prompt reply CT.

Anyway, would you feel very hungry on this diet? Cause the amount of foods look really little.

Besides, why are you using liquid foods(ie Low-Carb Metabolic Drive) instead solid foods(ie meats), as I remember you saying that you prefer solid foods when dieting down since it keeps you fuller. My guess is that the problem lies in your busy schedule.

Last question, when dieting down, can large amounts of green fibrous vegetables(ie brocolli) be consumed so that one feels full? The amount could be 2-3 cups per meal, for maybe 2-3 meals out of 5-6 meals in a day.[/quote]

When you are on a ketogenic diet, hunger is pretty much blunted. Now, as with all fat loss diet hunger might become a problem, but in most cases hunger comes from fluctuation in blood sugar. Since a ketogenic diet pretty much kills any insulin response there is no such fluctuation.

Right now I feel comfortable with the shakes; I’m just coming off of a mass gaining phase in which my food consumption was very high and to be honest I’m sick of eating all the time. Plus, in case you didn’t notice I’m working something like 70 hours a week and I’m always on the run, the shakes are just more practical.

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
Maybe slightly off topic but why do you never use Carbolin 19 or ever talk about it? Even in your Physique Clinics none of them take Carbolin 19. I’m just curious as to what your take is on it.[/quote]

There is some Carbolin 19 in HOT-ROX Extreme.

Dang Thibs…I got a headache just from reading about all the stuff coming up for you. That’s freak’n amazing. Kudos.

Question about diet…is there any particular reason you’re not including any red meat? Is it just a simplicity thing?

How low can a person go bodyfat-wise before you just can’t function?

3% seems amazingly low. Is that what bbers are at?

Youdaman’ Coach T! I wish you the best in all endeavors!..

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

How low can a person go bodyfat-wise before you just can’t function?

3% seems amazingly low. Is that what bbers are at?[/quote]

Stage condition varies between 3 and 5%. We cannot maintain 3% and be healthy/functional. I always said that even though a bodybuilding on stage looks to be in great shape; it is probably the closest to death that you can be while still walking!

The amount of bodyfat that you can maintain depends on your bodyfat setpoint (what your body sees as ‘‘normal’’). Guys who are naturally super lean (less than 8%) can maintain a level of 5-6% pretty much year round while someone who is naturally fatter might have problems when staying at 8%.

[quote]Whey Man wrote:
Dang Thibs…I got a headache just from reading about all the stuff coming up for you. That’s freak’n amazing. Kudos.

Question about diet…is there any particular reason you’re not including any red meat? Is it just a simplicity thing?[/quote]

I MIGHT include red meat if I start losing strength or size. Basically I’m shooting for consuming as little saturated fats as possible.

But it is quite possible that I will switch one of the turkey meals for buffalo, elk, venison, horse or wapiti.