They Will Grow!

I tried starting a log a while ago but I stopped it after my gf says ‘wow i’ve never noticed how skinny your legs are don’t you ever train them at the gym?’… then I looked at my training program and I was only doing legs 3 times a week…

I’ve fucking had enough of having skinny fucking legs! I’ve tried the pillars of strength program, i’ve tried the “squat!” program, i’ve done running up hills 3 days a week with squatting heavy etc. etc. but it didn’t work as well as I had hoped, it’s time to get extreme.

Now, i’ve finally decided to go all out, and fucking annihilate my legs in order to make them grow. I will run this following program until I either a) become unable to walk, or b) become depressed. Then I will take a 5 day break and do it again!

I will train through soreness, I will eat like a starved animal and I am going to log this and show you how things go.

Currently my leg measurements & weight:
calves - 14"
thigh - 20"
weight: 141lbs
height: 5’7"

<<<THE PROGRAM!!>>>… I call it, ‘Fuck you skinny legs’

monday AM - calves/legs
gastroc/quad-dominant focus
calf raise on leg press (medium foot spacing) - 6x4+ - 60 sec rest
calf raise on leg press (narrow foot spacing) - 4x8 - 30-60 sec rest
front squat - 5x10+ - 120 sec rest
hack squat (wide-stance) - 3x15 - 60 sec rest
heel-toe farmers walk, (heaviest db’s i can hold) 2x30 steps per leg - 60 sec rest

tuesday AM - calves/legs
soleus focus/hip-dominant focus
seated calf raise - 6x4+ - 60 sec rest
seated calf raise (wide foot spacing, toes out) - 4x8 - 30-60 sec rest
sumo deadlift - 5x10+ - 120 sec rest
lying leg curl - 5x5 - 60 sec rest
db tip toe lunge (hold lunge position for 3 sec) - 5x5 - 60 sec rest

wednesday AM - calves/legs
gastroc focus/quad-dominant focus
standing calf raise - 8x10 - 40 sec rest
standing DB calf raise (heaviest db’s i can hold) 2xMax - 60 sec rest
back squat - 3x20 - 120 sec rest
leg press - 3x12 - 120 sec rest

thursday AM - calves/legs
seated calf raise - 8x10 - 40 sec rest
tip toe lunge - 2x15 - 60 sec rest
deadlift - 5x5 - 120 sec rest
standing leg curl - 3x12 - 60 sec rest

friday AM - calves/legs
gastroc focus /quad-dominant focus
calf raise on leg press (medium foot spacing) - 6x4+ - 60 sec rest
standing calf raise - 4x8 - 30-60 sec rest
front squat - 5x10+ - 120 sec rest
lying leg curl - 5x5 - 60 sec rest

saturday - calves/legs
seated calf raise - 6x4+ - 60 sec rest
seated calf raise (wide foot spacing, toes in) - 4x8 - 30-60 sec rest
sumo deadlift - 5x10+ - 120 sec rest
hack squat (close stance) - 3x15 - 60 sec rest

Sunday: rest

basically where it says 5x10+ or 6x4+ that means I will take a 10RM or 4RM then try and push it up to a 15RM or 8RM, at which point ill find a new 10RM & 4RM and start over, constant progression.

And yes, thats right, leg & calve training 6 days a week. But what about the upper body? well here’s what I plan to do for that:

On monday PM… chin ups, arms, dips

On tuesday PM… i will do chin ups & incline bench

on wednesday PM… dips, military press

Thursday PM - chin ups, arms

Friday PM - incline bench, chin ups

Saturday with the calves & legs… Military press & more dips.

On the upperbody exercises ill start an exercise with a 6RM weight and aim to take it to 10. ill go heavy and push the RM once or twice a week, the rest of the sessions ill do something else to aid hypertrophy.

So there you have it… Hell begins tomorrow

If I may interject…

Usually, when starting a specialization program, one cuts down the volume of the bodyparts they are NOT specializing.

If I read this correctly, you are training legs 6X per week AND training upper body 6X per week. I’d advise against this.

The best thing you said in your post is the part about eating like a starved animal. At 141lbs, I don’t care how much squatting you do, you’re legs are going to be thin until you gain weight, even at 5’7".

Good luck.

Dude, you weigh 141 lbs! How big do you expect them to be???

The solution is simple: squats + milk

Dude, you are skinny all over.

New program, eat 4000 kcals a day. And workout like normal. You are just going to end up overtraining your legs and not induce any growth. Eat more and gain weight all over.

Three times a week plus sprinting was already a hell of a lot of volume. If you were eating a ton, which I doubt, and still not gaining, you needed to REDUCE the volume of your leg work, not increase. You should call this the “Goodfellow shoots himself in the foot, and maybe even fucks up his knees for life” program.

When I started reading this thread I was like man this guy must be big and for some reason have no legs. Then I get to the 141lbs part. Thats your problem dude. Most normal everyday girls weigh the same amount you do.

I weigh 141lbs, because of the size of my legs. if they were in proportion to the rest of my body i’d be 150-160. And the volume for my upper body is going to be quite low, i’ll do 2x8 per exercise and there will only be 2 exercises.

If anything I will cut back on the direct quad/hamstring training, however I don’t think my calves are going to grow any other way.

-Also, I feel I may need to add this. My legs are a very stubborn bodypart to grow, they are underdeveloped even compared to a regular stand point. This is due to the fact I was mostly sitting down for a time frame of 2 years, this was also during a growth spurt (doctor says I’d be 5’10-5’11" now for it wasn’t for that).

Apparently after a few recent blood tests and the fact I am always starving my doctor discovered I’m entering another growth spurt (i’m “catching up” he says)so that should help.

However I think no ‘normal’ methods of building my legs is going to work right now, I am going to see how this goes.

If you’re entering another growth spurt, give yourself the food to eat and grow. If you are 5’10 or so You would want to be tipping the scales at 200 I would think. You’re not going to get that in just your legs. We all have our weak parts but a good way to compensate is just to put size on everywhere, the weak parts will come up too.

How old are you?

20 rep squats, my friend.

And drink milk until you want to puke, friend.

Are your legs REALLY out of proportion with your upper body or do you just want to think that you’re bigger than you are? Post a pic please, and post your diet. Bitching about your legs then posting the “fuck up your knee for life” program as somebody put it without posting your current workout and diet is a shot in the dark my friend.

[quote]Chewie wrote:
How old are you? [/quote]

I’m 18

Ok here is how the first day went, I decreased volume on a couple things, but I can keep the pace up with the calf training.

Calf raise on leg press: 6x4 (medium foot spacing) - 60 sec rest
used 3 plates a side for each set, last set I used 3 and a half plates.

Calf raise on leg press: 4x8 (close foot spacing) - 40 sec rest
used 2 and a half plates each side for each set.

Front squat: 3x10 - 120 sec rest
60kg each set

Hack squat: 2x15 (wide foot spacing) - 90 sec rest
1 plate each side, kept it slow and painful.

finished off with 1-legged calf raise to failure each leg. and completed with deep stretching on calves using standing calf machine, and did a 1 min stretch on each quadricep.

[quote]Skrussian wrote:
Are your legs REALLY out of proportion with your upper body or do you just want to think that you’re bigger than you are? Post a pic please, and post your diet. Bitching about your legs then posting the “fuck up your knee for life” program as somebody put it without posting your current workout and diet is a shot in the dark my friend. [/quote]

current workout program for legs is usually something like:
Back squat - build up to 1-2 max sets of 5-6
Romanian deadlift - 4x8
Leg press - 3x10

I do calves usually twice a week on other workout days, using 1 exercise with 4x10.

For upper body I focus on dips, incline work, chin ups, deadlifts and occasional isolation work for shoulders & arms.

Diet is pretty simple, usually the same every day, goes something like:

6-7 eggs with 3 slices of toast for breakfast

3-4 apples as a snack

optimum recovery (60g carb 30g protein) after workout w/ big bowl of chicken & rice

2-3 oranges & yogurt as a snack

more chicken & rice, sometimes steak & rice with big bowl of steamed veg

more fruit as a snack

dinner here (whatever mom cooks) sometimes if i’m out it’s a big mac meal from mcdonalds

then before bed I eat a pot of cottage cheese & 2-3 apples.

eat more fat

POST SOME PICS OF YOUR LEGS!!!

:slight_smile:

[quote]Outrage247 wrote:
Thats your problem dude. Most normal everyday girls weigh the same amount you do. [/quote]

Only in the USA! Fatties galore.

[quote]Xylene wrote:

:)[/quote]

I’ll put some up tomorrow… with great hesistancy.

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
Xylene wrote:

:slight_smile:

I’ll put some up tomorrow… with great hesistancy.[/quote]

And also some of your upper body.