T Nation

They Want Israe...Spain?

So, are there folks who actually believe this will stop with the destruction of Israel? Howdy Spain, you’re the new Israel. Good luck.

“We will not be in peace until we set our foot again in our beloved al-Andalus,” al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb said on claiming responsibility for an attack which killed at least 24 people in Algiers on Wednesday.

Al-Andalus is the Moorish name for Spain, parts of which were ruled by Muslims for about eight centuries until the last Moorish bastion, Granada, succumbed to the Christian Reconquest in 1492.

The terrorists will undoubtedly attempt to extend their offensive from Northern Africa to European soil, anti-terrorism judge Baltasar Garzon warned, cautioning that Spain was at a “very high risk” of suffering an Islamist attack."

http://www.eux.tv/article.aspx?articleId=6283
Link to the full article.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
The terrorists will undoubtedly attempt to extend their offensive from Northern Africa to European soil, anti-terrorism judge Baltasar Garzon warned, cautioning that Spain was at a “very high risk” of suffering an Islamist attack." [/quote]

I’m sure you already heard of the explosions of Tuesday and Saturday in Casablanca as well. Chances are very high for the two groups to be connected.

Those are very dangerous individuals who are terrorizing the population of the Maghreb. I don’t think Spain is at risk though for the simple reason that the Spaniards are out of Iraq. They voted the Bush-ass-kissing bastards out and demonstrasted massively against the war (2 millions in the streets on a single day). But that’s just my take, if anything happens in Spain, US interests will most certainly be the target. But something like the train bombing is out of the picture at this point. Of course, I’m just spectulating, but so is Garzon.

As for your trial to connect Spain to Israel, it is pathetic. You’re comparing a REAL problem with REAL people dying and suffering on a daily basis to something that’s 600 years old.

Off topic: during the Islamic reign on Al-Andalus the country prospered. Surely if Muslims stayed there, there would have been no Spanish inquisition and no monstrosities against the Jewish people.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
So, are there folks who actually believe this will stop with the destruction of Israel? Howdy Spain, you’re the new Israel. Good luck.

“We will not be in peace until we set our foot again in our beloved al-Andalus,” al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb said on claiming responsibility for an attack which killed at least 24 people in Algiers on Wednesday.

Al-Andalus is the Moorish name for Spain, parts of which were ruled by Muslims for about eight centuries until the last Moorish bastion, Granada, succumbed to the Christian Reconquest in 1492.

The terrorists will undoubtedly attempt to extend their offensive from Northern Africa to European soil, anti-terrorism judge Baltasar Garzon warned, cautioning that Spain was at a “very high risk” of suffering an Islamist attack."

http://www.eux.tv/article.aspx?articleId=6283
Link to the full article.[/quote]

The Muslim dream has always been to wait until the Western powers peak out, then they can continue their quest. Muslims are kind of like the Necromongers of the Chronicles of Riddick — they only quit if you kill 'em.

You have to admire their patience.

Maybe the Poles will have to stop them at Vienna again, or Charles Martel will be reborn.

[quote]lixy wrote:

Those are very dangerous individuals who are terrorizing the population of the Maghreb. I don’t think Spain is at risk though for the simple reason that the Spaniards are out of Iraq.[/quote]

OBL has been talking about the reconquest of Spanish Andelusia long before the Iraq invasion. Trying to tie the two together is naked ideology on your part - Islamist elements, bright as they be, knew exactly how to get one force out of Iraq. And, of course, Spain opted for the politics of appeasement.

And what did it purchase them? More threats from Islamists who have been promising to take Spain back for years. The Spanish voters - much like you - falsely believe that their actions will somehow quell the pathology that wants to subjugate them. The think that their is some course of action that will actually change the minds of the bad guys. Naively, they will be proven wrong.

Ridiculous assumption - if that were true, why target a civilian train for the war in Iraq?

And, under your theory, they would have no reason to attack US interests in Spain - after all, they got what they wanted: a change in leadership that no longer agrees with the US. Why attack US interests now, if their only interest was to get Spaniards out of Iraq?

Your own theory of what happened defies your current explanation.

If you must speculate, do a better job.

Nonsense - they are exactly the same thing. Islamists hate the existence of Israel because of its presence, period. If there were a prosperous Palestinian state with golden roads and truckloads of free women to whip, there still would be no peace with Israel.

The Palestinian “cause” (of recent vintage, by the way, no one used to care) is merely the latest excuse to try and extinguish the Jewish state. Arab nations don’t care a whit about the Palestinians, unless it provides them with a stalking horse to destroy Israel. The existence or non-existence of a Palestinian state is irrelevant - the existence of Israel drives the violence.

Spain, of course, is the same - Islamists want the old territory back and it is an affront that the area is under a rule not part of the caliphate. What will be the excuse this time? Spaniards allowing women to go without their head and face covered?

Of course, you are always reliable to be the gullible enough to believe whatever “reason” they offer as a legitimate grievance to justify their violence. You always take it as true.

That is your wont - you will buy - hook, line, and sinker - any excuse they whine about to justify their murderous intentions. You are one of their useful dupes. You claim to hate Islamists as much as the West, but you are brainlessly complicit in their ideology because you either don’t have the sense or the guts ask tougher questions of them.

I suspect it is a little of both, but regardless, you aren’t a rational voice on the topic.

The thought of reconquesting Spain has been dearly cherished among dreamers of islamic splendor since 1492. It’s definitely not a new idea. If this is a new start for a longer cycle of violence in Algeria, it is likely that the violence will spill over to France and Spain in some form.

Well, I guess if we drop alliances with Israel, and now Spain, we’ll be safe? Will the same forces that suggest ditching Israel, suggest the same for Spain?

I don’t want to hear another peep from the “well, if we’d stop supporting Israel” crowd.

[quote]lixy wrote:

As for your trial to connect Spain to Israel, it is pathetic. You’re comparing a REAL problem with REAL people dying and suffering on a daily basis to something that’s 600 years old.
[/quote]

Uh, the connections is there. I didn’t make it, the Islamists did. AL Qaeda and pals have decided it’s time to take back Islamic land. Madrid was only a start. And REAL Islamists will be killing REAL people with REAL bombs. Just like they do around the world.

Everyone here is greatly exaggerating the threat here. We all know that there is only a VERY SMALL MINORITY of the muslim population that wants to blow people up and destroy whole nations, so clearly we have nothing whatsoever to fear from these people, either in America or Al-Andalus. I mean Spain.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:
The terrorists will undoubtedly attempt to extend their offensive from Northern Africa to European soil, anti-terrorism judge Baltasar Garzon warned, cautioning that Spain was at a “very high risk” of suffering an Islamist attack."

I’m sure you already heard of the explosions of Tuesday and Saturday in Casablanca as well. Chances are very high for the two groups to be connected.

Those are very dangerous individuals who are terrorizing the population of the Maghreb. I don’t think Spain is at risk though for the simple reason that the Spaniards are out of Iraq. They voted the Bush-ass-kissing bastards out and demonstrasted massively against the war (2 millions in the streets on a single day). But that’s just my take, if anything happens in Spain, US interests will most certainly be the target. But something like the train bombing is out of the picture at this point. Of course, I’m just spectulating, but so is Garzon.

As for your trial to connect Spain to Israel, it is pathetic. You’re comparing a REAL problem with REAL people dying and suffering on a daily basis to something that’s 600 years old.

Off topic: during the Islamic reign on Al-Andalus the country prospered. Surely if Muslims stayed there, there would have been no Spanish inquisition and no monstrosities against the Jewish people.[/quote]

No one is safe because appeasing terrorists does not work. It only emboldens them. By your logic Algiers should be safe, after all it is an Islamic country with mostly islamic ties.

Saudi Arabia is the home of Mecca and the terrorists still bombed it. I think it’s safe to say that the terrorists are using islam as a means to an end and not an end to itself. The sad part is the the global islamic community is buying into it hook, line and sinker. Including yourself.

Think about it. Your arguments are always centered around one central theme. Yea, the terrorists are doing bad things, but the U.S. and Israel are horrible entities in there existence and they do bad things too, so I don’t blame the terrorists for killing a bunch of people. America and Israel must be stopped!
Those aren’t your words, but those are what your words always say.

“Off topic: during the Islamic reign on Al-Andalus the country prospered. Surely if Muslims stayed there, there would have been no Spanish inquisition and no monstrosities against the Jewish people.”

Interesting… Does that mean that you support colonisation of India and most of Africa too? Since they prospered and since we have seen monstrosities against many different people after?

(btw: the spanish inquisition has a reputation far worse then it deserves, compared to legal systems in the same time period, they had contradiction, some sorf of process and other factors that none of it’s “competitors” had… )

Everyone,

Are you crazy enough to believe that a bunch of whackos can actually conquer Spain? With what? It’s impossible (unless God intervenes directly…). So, for all practical purposes, such speeches should be taken for what they are: PR!

UBL is being chased by almost the entire planet and with the current rate of suicide bombs, his crew is withering like alcohol in the sun. That is why I said that the threat is imaginary. It’s a fantasy some nutjob wanted to share with us.

Therefore, any connection between that and the Israeli-Palestinian problem is preposterous. Since when has any Arab leader cared about the plight of the Palesitinians? They exploit that cause to further their own agendas. Al-Qaeda is no different.

I doubt Spain will be attacked because of the reasons explained in the other post. Islamists don’t have anything against Spain, at least on paper. If last week’s blast are any indication, US interests seem to be the only targets the new group is interested in. I suggest you read on about the events of last week in Casablanca and Algiers to get a sense of why that would be the case.

Some people around here entertain the notion that no matter what a country does, it will not affect the threat of Islamist terror. I cannot disprove that statement, but a quick look at the targets of Al-qaeda since the early 90’s shows that the reasons for the bombings are more political than ideological.

On a side note, the wake of terror in Algeria will ensure that Sarkozy gets elected president of France. If you thought last Paris riots were bad, sit back and watch as tension grows in the French suburbs; the last riots would be pale in comparison.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Everyone,

Are you crazy enough to believe that a bunch of whackos can actually conquer Spain? With what? It’s impossible (unless God intervenes directly…). So, for all practical purposes, such speeches should be taken for what they are: PR!

UBL is being chased by almost the entire planet and with the current rate of suicide bombs, his crew is withering like alcohol in the sun. That is why I said that the threat is imaginary. It’s a fantasy some nutjob wanted to share with us.

Therefore, any connection between that and the Israeli-Palestinian problem is preposterous. Since when has any Arab leader cared about the plight of the Palesitinians? They exploit that cause to further their own agendas. Al-Qaeda is no different.

I doubt Spain will be attacked because of the reasons explained in the other post. Islamists don’t have anything against Spain, at least on paper. If last week’s blast are any indication, US interests seem to be the only targets the new group is interested in. I suggest you read on about the events of last week in Casablanca and Algiers to get a sense of why that would be the case.

Some people around here entertain the notion that no matter what a country does, it will not affect the threat of Islamist terror. I cannot disprove that statement, but a quick look at the targets of Al-qaeda since the early 90’s shows that the reasons for the bombings are more political than ideological.

On a side note, the wake of terror in Algeria will ensure that Sarkozy gets elected president of France. If you thought last Paris riots were bad, sit back and watch as tension grows in the French suburbs; the last riots would be pale in comparison.[/quote]

Why do Muslims move from their home countries to other countries? Then, when they get there, try to re-create their home country?

I realize that immigrants feel more comfortable with those like them, but why not just stay at home? If the West is evil, stay the fuck home. Are they colonists? Why move for economic reasons — Allah will provide.

I think the French will do a roundup of Muslims and send them packing. They hate foreigners anyway, mush less those who try to change the French.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Everyone,

Are you crazy enough to believe that a bunch of whackos can actually conquer Spain? With what? It’s impossible (unless God intervenes directly…). So, for all practical purposes, such speeches should be taken for what they are: PR!
[/quote]

Oh, they might not be able to conquer Spain in the next couple of generations, but how will that negate the horror of frequent terroristic acts? After all, Hamas has little to no chance of conquering Israel, yet they still send in suicide bombers.

There’s nothing imaginary about this threat. For god’s sake, they don’t have to own a navy, tanks, or jets to cause terror in Spain. You sound like some cop standing next to a corpse, “Nothing to see here folks, move along,”

By the way, I thought US action was causing terrorist ranks to swell? You just describe them as “withering like alcohol in the sun.” Awfully different take when it comes to this headline, I guess. I’ll remember that you’ve described our approach as effective.

When Islamists themselves tell us Spain is to be re-conquered what the hell is left to debate? There is no spinning this, so just stop. They said it, not the US.

[quote]
Some people around here entertain the notion that no matter what a country does, it will not affect the threat of Islamist terror. I cannot disprove that statement, but a quick look at the targets of Al-qaeda since the early 90’s shows that the reasons for the bombings are more political than ideological.[/quote]

I would really suggest you look again.

Just one more reason these people should be taken off the earth(by these people I mean Islamic extremest). Fuck peace with these monsters lets destroy ever mother fucker that screams death to Israel and death to America.

before anyone gets smart saying why dont you fight, I just joined the army Im here to fight these monsters.(ill be gone today and tomorrow to take the tests).

[quote]John S. wrote:
Just one more reason these people should be taken off the earth(by these people I mean Islamic extremest). Fuck peace with these monsters lets destroy ever mother fucker that screams death to Israel and death to America.

before anyone gets smart saying why dont you fight, I just joined the army Im here to fight these monsters.(ill be gone today and tomorrow to take the tests).[/quote]

Do you have any idea how you will distinguish between the “good” ones and the “bad” ones with all the language skills and cultural nuance you have time to learn in the exactly 10 days the Army will give you for its Iraq 101 introductory course?

What is the difference between “Death to USA” “Long live the USA” in Arab, especially if someone shouts it while firing his weapon in the air?

Good luck, but war means that you will shoot people that are probably not monsters or you will die.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Sloth wrote:
The terrorists will undoubtedly attempt to extend their offensive from Northern Africa to European soil, anti-terrorism judge Baltasar Garzon warned, cautioning that Spain was at a “very high risk” of suffering an Islamist attack."

I’m sure you already heard of the explosions of Tuesday and Saturday in Casablanca as well. Chances are very high for the two groups to be connected.

Those are very dangerous individuals who are terrorizing the population of the Maghreb. I don’t think Spain is at risk though for the simple reason that the Spaniards are out of Iraq. They voted the Bush-ass-kissing bastards out and demonstrasted massively against the war (2 millions in the streets on a single day). But that’s just my take, if anything happens in Spain, US interests will most certainly be the target. But something like the train bombing is out of the picture at this point. Of course, I’m just spectulating, but so is Garzon.

As for your trial to connect Spain to Israel, it is pathetic. You’re comparing a REAL problem with REAL people dying and suffering on a daily basis to something that’s 600 years old.

Off topic: during the Islamic reign on Al-Andalus the country prospered. Surely if Muslims stayed there, there would have been no Spanish inquisition and no monstrosities against the Jewish people.[/quote]

I have to give in this once.

I’ve done my level best to ignore lixy.

However, when I saw this thread and lixy’s response, I couldn’t restrain myself.

Here’s a likely conversation in the near future between lixy’s jihadist brigade commander and lixy.

BC: “We’ve heard some disquieting reports that you aren’t very effective over on T-Nation.”

lixy: “No, I swear I’ll improve.”

BC: “In fact, we’ve heard that you even said that bin laden’s suicide bombers were “withering like alcohol in the sun.” Don’t you realize, that if we can’t scare the American democrats into believing we are winning, then we stand no chance?”

lixy: “I’m so sorry. It won’t happen again. It just slipped out. At least I went on the offensive about Spain.”

BC: “I read that, however, it was far too easily refuted.”

lixy: “Forgive me. But, think how hard it is to prove that Spain (who gave into our demands) is now being targeted. If I’m not careful, I’ll end up proving that Bush’s doctrine of the best defense is a good offense.”

BC: “I tire of your excuses. If you don’t strike hard and effectively, we’ll remove you.”

lixy: “Yes, brigade commander.”

JeffR

[quote]orion wrote:
John S. wrote:
Just one more reason these people should be taken off the earth(by these people I mean Islamic extremest). Fuck peace with these monsters lets destroy ever mother fucker that screams death to Israel and death to America.

before anyone gets smart saying why dont you fight, I just joined the army Im here to fight these monsters.(ill be gone today and tomorrow to take the tests).

Do you have any idea how you will distinguish between the “good” ones and the “bad” ones with all the language skills and cultural nuance you have time to learn in the exactly 10 days the Army will give you for its Iraq 101 introductory course?

What is the difference between “Death to USA” “Long live the USA” in Arab, especially if someone shouts it while firing his weapon in the air?

Good luck, but war means that you will shoot people that are probably not monsters or you will die.

[/quote]

Giving into terrorism equals safety,

Signed,

Spain.

Right, al-Qaeda ; )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtfTggrQuiA

[quote]JeffR wrote:
orion wrote:
John S. wrote:
Just one more reason these people should be taken off the earth(by these people I mean Islamic extremest). Fuck peace with these monsters lets destroy ever mother fucker that screams death to Israel and death to America.

before anyone gets smart saying why dont you fight, I just joined the army Im here to fight these monsters.(ill be gone today and tomorrow to take the tests).

Do you have any idea how you will distinguish between the “good” ones and the “bad” ones with all the language skills and cultural nuance you have time to learn in the exactly 10 days the Army will give you for its Iraq 101 introductory course?

What is the difference between “Death to USA” “Long live the USA” in Arab, especially if someone shouts it while firing his weapon in the air?

Good luck, but war means that you will shoot people that are probably not monsters or you will die.

Giving into terrorism equals safety,

Signed,

Spain.

[/quote]

Not giving in to justified demands leads to terrorism,

Signed,

Great Britain.

This thread is somewhat surreal.