They Speak English in London?

Crowder added: "I know (Washington Redskins linebacker) London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him.

“That’s the closest thing I know to London. He’s black, so I’m sure he’s not from London. I’m sure that’s a coincidental name.”

I laughed so hard I almost remembered NFL Europe. I don’t think football will take off over there, but I hope all the guys who go to the game have fun, and I’m anxious to see if they have razor wire and a moat protecting the field from the apparently dangerous and violent fans like the game in Mexico.

lol unbelievable.

A few friends of mine love the NFL, but they couldn’t get tickets for this game. Apparently they could have sold 1 million tickets???

Apparently an extra 2000 tickets where made available recently, my mate reckons they sold out in 8 seconds.

And yeah, in certain parts of London it is very difficult to work out what country you are in.

[quote]
And yeah, in certain parts of London it is very difficult to work out what country you are in.[/quote]

That’s what makes London cool.

We have an American football team at my university, they’re a it wimpy. Where as the Rugby is where the bigger/fitter guys are at.

[quote]Shire wrote:

We have an American football team at my university, they’re a it wimpy. Where as the Rugby is where the bigger/fitter guys are at.[/quote]

Yeah all the nerds play American Football at our uni, because all the good athletes choose to play football and rugby etc.

Could explain why the Dolphins are win-less.

This Channing Crowder chap needs to sit down and have a long talk with himself.

For those who are interested,
What a crap game; does anyone know why the roof was open? Maybe the Dolphins being the home team thought it would hurt the Giants passing game, if so they were right, Eli was shite!

Comparing this to the one other NFL game I’ve been to, Minnesota v Detroit in '03-

Detroit traveling time -about 45mins from hotel to stadium.

Wembley traveling time -1.5 hours for less distance.

Time to get a drink-
Detroit -2mins
Wembley -45mins

Cost of a diet coke-
Detroit -2 dollars
Wembley -6 dollars

Travel Cost -
Detroit -about a buck of gas
Wembley -11 dollars for public transport.

Cost of the game -
Detroit - 100 dollars a ticket from a scalper, very dodgy, thought I was going to get knifed!
Wembley - 120 dollars.

One other point; I kept hearing that this game was a sell out but I saw plenty of spare seats. Perhaps if you sell 90% of capacity then you can call it a sell out.

Even though I love NFL I won’t go again unless the match up is better.

For the Americans that traveled over -welcome to rip off Britain!

Chris

They very well could have sold all the tickets beforehand, but once the season started and everyone realized Miami was shit, they decided not to go. It happens over here all the time.

Does the roof actually close? If it does, they were beyond stupid for leaving it open since the pitch doesn’t have the same footing as the fields over here. The rain made it even worse.

Bleedin’ ell mate, of course they bollocking speak English in London!

i think we should recipricate in kind since the NFL were so kind to provide us with 2 such fine teams and an outstanding game. Please accept Derby vs Bolton to be played at any American venue of your choice.

Dont get me wrong, i love American football, its a fantastic sport. But for a game that was supposed to bring the excitement and passion of the NFL to a whole new audience it was an absoulute shower of shite

I’m pretty sure he was being sarcastic. That was too over the top to be real. I think people should maybe give this guy the benefit of the doubt.

[quote]mundele wrote:
I’m pretty sure he was being sarcastic. That was too over the top to be real. I think people should maybe give this guy the benefit of the doubt.[/quote]

I hope he was. It was pretty funny.

[quote]amdl3k wrote:
i think we should recipricate in kind since the NFL were so kind to provide us with 2 such fine teams and an outstanding game. Please accept Derby vs Bolton to be played at any American venue of your choice.

Dont get me wrong, i love American football, its a fantastic sport. But for a game that was supposed to bring the excitement and passion of the NFL to a whole new audience it was an absoulute shower of shite
[/quote]

Classic:)

When I had to explain to people the standard of the game I said Derby V Blackburn; in retrospect I think I was being harsh on Blackburn.

Chris