They Rolled Out the 200lb Dumbbells

[quote]ev1bl wrote:
If you cant do em by yourself then what is the point…?[/quote]

Get used to the weight…there was a time i couldnt do the 100’s or the 125’s, put thats all in the past…i can do it now amd I will be able to do the 200s I know it, even if i never weigh over 200 pounds in bodyweight, i still know ill be able to do the 200 lb dumbbells on the bench press.

My gym only goes up to 100’s, i still cant use those with without more body english what i deem necassary.

i’ve done 100x20. They are the heaviest at my gym. Should i aim for 30 reps or switch to something else? like use a low cable, or the cable row one handed with my leg propped behind the bench?

[quote]clip11 wrote:
ev1bl wrote:
If you cant do em by yourself then what is the point…?

Get used to the weight…there was a time i couldnt do the 100’s or the 125’s, put thats all in the past…i can do it now amd I will be able to do the 200s I know it, even if i never weigh over 200 pounds in bodyweight, i still know ill be able to do the 200 lb dumbbells on the bench press.[/quote]

Sounds like a great way to tear your shoulder apart.

How about you just use a barbell for supramax work, like any other intelligent lifter?

Why dont you just try getting them up on your knees.That is the first step anyway,Lift them to your knees then fall back with them, then drop them on the floor and pick up your pride right next to your colon.

[quote]mahwah wrote:
clip11 wrote:
ev1bl wrote:
If you cant do em by yourself then what is the point…?

Get used to the weight…there was a time i couldnt do the 100’s or the 125’s, put thats all in the past…i can do it now amd I will be able to do the 200s I know it, even if i never weigh over 200 pounds in bodyweight, i still know ill be able to do the 200 lb dumbbells on the bench press.

Sounds like a great way to tear your shoulder apart.

How about you just use a barbell for supramax work, like any other intelligent lifter?[/quote]

Maybe because heavy dumbells feel and look badass when there getting tossed around.

[quote]Apostate wrote:
hachi wrote:

even better 300x7
At what point do you stop putting 10lbs on your dumbbells and stat using 25lbs plates?

Adding 25’s chops a good bit off the the range of motion, so my bet would be never. [/quote]

That DB is so long he and he has to put his legs back so far. If he had 25’s on, his legs would be further up, I think he’d have the same range of motion. I guess it wouldn’t look as cool though.

I wish they had dbs in between the 150’s and 200’s, but they skip straight from the 150’s to 200. Im going to go buy a db rod and some plates so i can make my own dbs after 150 pounds.