Thesis....

Ok guys im within a year of having to write up a thesis… might be a good time to decide a topic…
I was thinking of looking at

chains effects on max squat or VJ or both ?

effect of static stretching on power output, immediatly after test, 2 min, 5, 15, 30, ?

since its early im looking for any suggestions either hit me up here or feel free to pm me…

[quote]JumboCoach wrote:
Ok guys im within a year of having to write up a thesis… might be a good time to decide a topic…

effect of static stretching on power output, immediatly after test, 2 min, 5, 15, 30, ?

since its early im looking for any suggestions either hit me up here or feel free to pm me…[/quote]

ANYONE?? Lil help??? just trying to get some ideas for my research class…

What is this for? Kinesology?

What area atre you lookinh into?

I think a paper showing the pros & cons of prescribing tempos could be very interesting. T-Nation has mixed opinions on this subject. You could touch upon the theory that many previous studies undergone to test the benefits of a workout are invalid do to no tempo prescriptions, therefore leaving to much room for error. Anyway just a thought, hope your thesis goes well.

This is probably outside of your scope of study, but I would like to see more studies on test levels in men in relation to various outside factors. As an example, if women living in close proximity can have effects on each other’s hormone profiles, can they also effect men? (other than makeing life suck for a few days a month) Overall, I have found the topic of naturaly raising test levels to be filled with myths and dogma. The entire topic needs more research, but it would be expensive and probably not get much funding because its not something aimed at curing a disease.

[quote]JumboCoach wrote:

since its early im looking for any suggestions either hit me up here or feel free to pm me…[/quote]

What kind of access do you have to test subjects? Trying to find just 5-6 guys with good enough squat form to use chains and yet show significant improvement in a reasonable time frame? Not likely. If you have a whole college football team and 6 months it would be good. Not saying it won’t pass for a masters thesis. Also, what access do you have to blood tests, possible enzyme, or genetic testing etc. I’ve got some ideas but it depends on what you can do.

Check out:
Heroes, Rogues, and Lovers
Testosterone and Behavior by James McBride Dabbs. I remember buying it 'cause TC recommended it a while back, good stuff.

[quote]MSpencer wrote:
This is probably outside of your scope of study, but I would like to see more studies on test levels in men in relation to various outside factors. As an example, if women living in close proximity can have effects on each other’s hormone profiles, can they also effect men? (other than makeing life suck for a few days a month) Overall, I have found the topic of naturaly raising test levels to be filled with myths and dogma. The entire topic needs more research, but it would be expensive and probably not get much funding because its not something aimed at curing a disease.[/quote]

The validity of Pheripheral Heart Action training on skeletal tissue hypertrophy.

What about something to do with the role of GPP in developing young athletes and how it changes during the Process of Attaining Sport Mastery. This issue is largely overlooked in North America and the info can be found in many Russian texts.