These Stubborn Legs

I need some advice.

I went through back to back knee surgeries for torn miniscus 3 years back and my legs have never fully recovered. They lost lots of muscles mass and I have had a heckof a time trying to gain it back. On top of this, I naturally have skinny legs. They are strong though, as I squat 405 and deadlift 420. Strength has not been a problem but gaining real size has been. I’ve corrected my diet and eat well.

right now I have been lifting with legs twice weekly. I have thought about upping this to 3 times a week. My upper body grows very easily and I think I can handle taking it easy on my 2 upper body workouts a week if necessary.

I’ve been searching and searching on this site for some good articles on how to make this stubborn wheels to grow but come away just as confused as when I entered. Theres just such an overload of stuff I dont know where to begin.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Do the following 2-3 times a week;

1. Take your squat 10RM.
  2. Do 20 reps with it without racking the bar, taking multiple deeeeep breaths in between. Take as long as necessary to complete the set.
  3. Once you peel yourself off the floor, do a set of 25 reps of dumbell pullovers, with a LIGHT weight.
  4. Do some upper body stuff.
  5. Eat. Drink milk. Sleep. Repeat.

That’ll put some muscle on them wheels.

[quote]LUEshi wrote:
Do the following 2-3 times a week;

1. Take your squat 10RM.
  2. Do 20 reps with it without racking the bar, taking multiple deeeeep breaths in between. Take as long as necessary to complete the set.
  3. Once you peel yourself off the floor, do a set of 25 reps of dumbell pullovers, with a LIGHT weight.
  4. Do some upper body stuff.
  5. Eat. Drink milk. Sleep. Repeat.

That’ll put some muscle on them wheels.[/quote]

1. Add 5lbs to the bar every workout

Look up “Pillars of Strength” It’s CT’s leg program and works great for kickstarting some lower body growth.

Ok, so your suggestion is to do ONE set of 20 for squats?
Why just one?

Why the pullovers? Is there a reason?

[quote]LukeyG wrote:
Why just one?

Why the pullovers? Is there a reason?[/quote]

If you think you can take your 10rep max and do it for 20 and then do a set after that be my guest. I was considering you planed on walking out of the gym that.

Pullovers are in there because this program was made a long time ago, Squats and Milk.

[quote]n3wb wrote:
LukeyG wrote:
Why just one?

Why the pullovers? Is there a reason?

If you think you can take your 10rep max and do it for 20 and then do a set after that be my guest. I was considering you planed on walking out of the gym that.

Pullovers are in there because this program was made a long time ago, Squats and Milk.[/quote]

Ok, thanks for the advice. I drink lots of milk with my shakes as is, but was there a certain quantity that you had in mind?

the reason for the pullovers is for rib cage expantion (they are actually supposed to be done a certain way - see Ellinton Dardon article if you want more info), which you do not need if you just want bigger legs. 20RM squats are great, but you might want to add in some other sets of leg press et al after.