Thermogenics and Hypothyroidism

[quote]coredan wrote:
Hi Defekt - out of interest, in your opinion, what are the risks of ‘something that revs up your sympathetic nervous system as much as HOT-ROX’? Do they exist for a ‘normal’ person?[/quote]

In the short term, probably nothing too substantial. However stimulants put your body under some physiological stress and over the long term I think it can add up. The effects would be anything that accompanies chronic stress (if it gets to that point) such as high cortisol, decreased insulin sensitivity, decreased immune system function ect.

In a healthy individual, over the short term, its unlikely that there would be an abundance of negative side effects although I can see it being a factor for long term users.

There ya go then SS61 - the collective wisdom of teh interwebs has spoken and the answer is a bunch of people who [think that] [something bad] [might] happen, and one bloke who hasn’t died (yet :).

…I reckon that advice is worth the joining fee alone :wink:

[quote]coredan wrote:
There ya go then SS61 - the collective wisdom of teh interwebs has spoken and the answer is a bunch of people who [think that] [something bad] [might] happen, and one bloke who hasn’t died (yet :).

…I reckon that advice is worth the joining fee alone ;)[/quote]

What is your opinion?

From the product literature for HOT-ROX Extreme it will increase your T3 hormone. This is the more metabolically active thyroid hormone. Talk to your Dr. and have your T3 levels checked. If low you take supplemental T3 to go with the T4 that you are taking. Unfortunately many Dr.'s are of the opinion that if you increase the T4 the body will convert adequate amounts to T3. This is not necessarily the case as the body does produce some T3 directly. The test you want is for T3 Free (unbound and biologically available). You want your results in the upper third for best results.

The earlier reference to hypothyroidism causing the blues is because people with the condition are more prone to depression. But this may not affect you.

I am so late to the game! But I am just researching this as I have low thyroid and take a plant based thermogenic which contains b12, chromium, capsicum fruit extract, raspberry keytones and green tea leaf extract. It has been great so far!! I was having trouble with weight gain and this has seemed to really balance out my metabolism.

I also recommended it to a friend who had her thyroid removed and she has lost 60 lbs in 6 months on the product.

Hope this helps someone!