There's Only One Ricky Hatton

These are some fucking fans.

One more here - few hours and he’ll have another win under his belt. After watching Khan tonight I cannot wait for this fight.

I can’t wait. It’s going to be a big ass upset.

He looked good against a washed up Castillo, but even though I want him to win, I can’t see it happening.

Mayweather on cuts in the 10th.

Here’s to me hopefully being wrong…

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Mayweather on cuts in the 10th.

Here’s to me hopefully being wrong…[/quote]

Hatton KO’s Mayweather 60 seconds into the 4th. Here’s to me hopefully being right.

Floyd Mayweather put together a fucking masterpiece. That punch that first put Ricky down was absolutely beautiful.

ouch…

thought it was funny how Mayweather brushed off the mention of fighting Miguel Angel Cotto. Talked about how he has nothing left to prove. What a vagina. Fight Cotto pussy Mayweather then retire. “Ooh i’m going to work on Mayweather promotions” What a cop-out.

This fight pretty much went on the way I expected it to.

[quote]ragingbassist wrote:
thought it was funny how Mayweather brushed off the mention of fighting Miguel Angel Cotto. Talked about how he has nothing left to prove. What a vagina. Fight Cotto pussy Mayweather then retire. “Ooh i’m going to work on Mayweather promotions” What a cop-out.
[/quote]

Floyd will be happy to take Cotto to school as long as the money is right. He’s just playing hard to get in order to drive up the price.

Mayweather is all about the Benjamins.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Floyd Mayweather put together a fucking masterpiece. That punch that first put Ricky down was absolutely beautiful.[/quote]

Mayweather looked at his best tonight, although I wanted Hatton to win. Mayweather is so damn quick, he basically beat Hatton everywhere. One thing that Hatton did not do in the later rounds is move his head. Overall great fight to watch.

[quote]ragingbassist wrote:
thought it was funny how Mayweather brushed off the mention of fighting Miguel Angel Cotto. Talked about how he has nothing left to prove. What a vagina. Fight Cotto pussy Mayweather then retire. “Ooh i’m going to work on Mayweather promotions” What a cop-out.
[/quote]
There will always be “Cottos” around, i.e. unbeaten, up-and-coming guys. Going by that logic, it would be a cop-out and a “pussy-move” regardless of when he chooses to resign. I see no point in him continuing for years to come until in the end he loses to an opponent he would have beaten at his peak simply because he’s burnt out, has health issues etc.

Mayweather has nothing more to prove and I personally think he’d beat Cotto just as he has beaten all of his former opponents. By the way, judging by the fact that he came back to fight Hatton, there is a fair chance we are even going to see Mayweather vs. Cotto in the near future anyway…

Great fight. Mayweather was just too fast and too clever.

Not to take anything away from Mayweather, because the better man won, but what did you think of the ref? I thought he was very poor. He was breaking them up way too early in the beginning, and seemed to be warning Ricky all the time, when actually Mayweather was being more dirty (or smarter?) in the tie ups.

I thought it was bullshit when after the 6th(?) he went to Rickys corner to tell him to defend himself properly just cos Mayweather landed a few decent shots. Ridiculous. Thought the point off was a bit harsh too. Hatton didn’t even land the punch and Mayweather had no reason to turn his back like that.

I think the English fans let themselves down a bit with the booing of the national anthem.

Agree with you there AdamC. Just one thing more to say …

Gutted.

[quote]AdamC wrote:

Not to take anything away from Mayweather, because the better man won, but what did you think of the ref? I thought he was very poor. He was breaking them up way too early in the beginning, and seemed to be warning Ricky all the time, when actually Mayweather was being more dirty (or smarter?) in the tie ups. I thought it was bullshit when after the 6th(?) he went to Rickys corner to tell him to defend himself properly just cos Mayweather landed a few decent shots. Ridiculous. Thought the point off was a bit harsh too. Hatton didn’t even land the punch and Mayweather had no reason to turn his back like that. [/quote]

Agreed, some strange stuff by the ref.

After the point deduction (where he clearly only hit the ropes), Hatton looked a bit unnerved, lost some of his aggressiveness or so it seemed. It definitely was a turning point. Mayweather many times almost provoked getting hit on the back of the head with his awkward stance and quickly turning sideways when Hatton attacked.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Mayweather on cuts in the 10th.

Here’s to me hopefully being wrong…[/quote]

Good call my friend! Had a bet on the fight for Mayweather to KO Hatton in the 10th too, 10 euro got me 400…Happy Days!

As far as the point deduction goes, there was a lot of dirty stuff going on by both fighters up to that point. I think the ref was just getting worked up about it and finally hit his breaking point and decided he had to get serious and called the first infraction he could see. Unfortunately, it was not a good call because Hatton didn’t even land that rabbit punch.

Notice his head bouncing off the turnbuckle.

I don’t know if this has been posted yet b/c I haven’t seen the fight yet and so I didn’t read the thread to avoid seeing the result. I’m assuming a very good to great fight, won by Mayweather via decision.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BS09JO7Y