T Nation

There Should Be a Test

When’s the last time you’ve seen an intelligent first time poster with not already answered questions in the stickies at the top of the forum? Or how about the 21 year old first cycle numb skulls? How often do they pop up?

This forum should be limited access. Not like the T-Cell. Something simpler. A test. You take a test and based on the score, you get to post or not. That shouldn’t be that difficult to pull off. Have a ten question test pop up with radio buttons to click on for answers, click submit and voila! But until then, read only capabilities.

It’ll force people to read and learn. It’ll stop a lot of the clutter. What do you guys think? Start a petition? Fly it past whoever runs this place? Too draconian?

I’d like this forum to get cleaner. I’d appreciate any others’ opinions.

Thank you.

Perhaps that test should be given to current posters as well. I bet a lot of current members would be placed into a read only status.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It sounds like a good idea but bear in mind that this forum attracts alot more than steroid users:

People using IGF-1, insulin, HGH and even old people asking about HRT.

These drugs are dangerous if used wrong. You can’t easily OD on creatine or something but insulin, for example, is another story.

Ruling out dangerous advice and uneducated questioners will further improve the high quality of this section.

There’s a spam function on youtube where it covers it up somehow. Maybe if enough people say it’s spam then it hides it from viewers. I’m not too sure but it could easily be incorporated here.

That would deal with dangerous advice.

As for uneducated lazy questioners: Maybe ignoring them or going beyond the call of duty and giving them a helping hand.

I have a feeling that if a certain someone hadn’t taken me seriously when i first posted on here, then my thread would’ve turned to shit and i’d be at another forum right now.

[quote]2thepain wrote:
Perhaps that test should be given to current posters as well. I bet a lot of current members would be placed into a read only status. [/quote]

I was fully aware of the jeapordy I place myself with my suggestion.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
The problem is how to administer said test and then enforce the rules.

Bushy[/quote]

T-Nation has the ability to create forms as observed by their store. Further, placing a form in a pop up is also quite within their capabilities, as observed by clicking on nutritional information of any product in their store. Selecting “answers” is a no-brainer. To refer a set of answers to a master key is a simple database function. Have a passing grade unlock the forum from read only to participate for that profile.

[quote]kroby wrote:
2thepain wrote:
Perhaps that test should be given to current posters as well. I bet a lot of current members would be placed into a read only status.

I was fully aware of the jeapordy I place myself with my suggestion. [/quote]

You and I both :wink:

[quote]kroby wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
The problem is how to administer said test and then enforce the rules.

Bushy

T-Nation has the ability to create forms as observed by their store. Further, placing a form in a pop up is also quite within their capabilities, as observed by clicking on nutritional information of any product in their store. Selecting “answers” is a no-brainer. To refer a set of answers to a master key is a simple database function. Have a passing grade unlock the forum from read only to participate for that profile.[/quote]

But, I know for a fact that I could answer every question you put up just by searching the internet. Cheating is easy if someone just wanted in.

We’ve talked about this before and it comes down to the same thing. We just have to police our forum. As Rainjack often says, this is our house. Just ignoring someone can be hard but is often the best way. I remember I responded to a poster for asking what I could see was a flame-worthy question and he came back at me quick. I just walked away.

A few people shot him down for his actions and he hasn’t been back. And when it becomes in the best interest of the forum to remove someone, like the recent MonsterMatt incident, we know that we can use the report button and both TC and the mods will listen.

Truly, my biggest concern these days is that we are going to lose all the people that made me come here in the first place to the T-Cell. I can already see less posts from people who I both regard as mentors and friends. But I think if we can keep the level of conversation up, they might not leave for good.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Dude, if they want to leave for the Cell, let them. They will soon realise what it is (or isn’t) about and will come back.

My loyalty to this forum has made me remove the other tabs in ‘my preferences’ so I can’t see the cell, or most of the other forums.

In fact, I now only post here, ‘supps’, ‘BBing’ and the ‘over 35’ forums.

Gotta ‘keep it real’, you know :wink:

Bushy[/quote]

Oh, I wasn’t picking on you at all or singling you out. Seriously I wasn’t. Though I do count you in both friend and mentor categories. Well, that and alleged criminal mastermind.

I would just hate to see the day where this forum is left behind by the folks in-the-know and newbies start to think of me as a vet!! hehe

It’s a nice idea in theory, but let’s not pretend it’s at all difficult to know whose advice merits consideration and whose is worth ignoring. For someone with decent intelligence, that only takes maybe a few months of lurking.

Its’ also worth mentioning that this board has some very valuable contributors like MrZsazs here; guys who may not have a ton of hands-on experience, but add good direction to threads, good research findings to share, etc

They are actually talking about something similar in the T-Cell… but at the end they decided - well, if we ever stop being able to tell who the BS posters are, then we may need such a thing.

As is, the trolls or whatever get Flamed quickly.
It is like a self moderated site in that respect. I know that due to the potentially lethal results of taking someones advice in using slin or some other compounds, it makes this particular situation a little more serious, but i kinda believe that anyone who is on here to ask about any of the drugs here (all are lethal if used incorrectly, even oil) who will just go and swallow or inject whatever the first post says - Is just plain dumb.

Who does that? Bottom of the gene pool is who - as bushy likes to point out… :wink:

What about this?

STICKY:-
Take any advice at your own risk. We suggest you research your drug use or mde of delivery thoroughly before attempting to use ANYTHING spoken about in this forum, and be wary that while we have some very knowledgeable posters here, we also have the opposite, amd a new poster/member can struggle to differentiate between good advice and bad.

Please be careful with all drugs as they can all be life changing and life taking, it is your responsibility to thoroughly research what you are doing and to make the moral, ethical and informed choice to proceed on that path or to not.

What do you think? It not only cautions “kids” but it also removes this forum from any responsibility if some dumb kid decides to inject slin and not know to eat… after using this site, and not researching the facts on its use, an angry mother could need a scapegoat, and that kinda thing gets these forums shut down.

While most here are experts in their own right, and we ALWAYS try to help - even advising against use of a drug in alot of cases, bad things still do happen.

Joe

In fact, I now only post here, ‘supps’, ‘BBing’ and the ‘over 35’ forums.

Bushy[/quote]

I can`t believe your abandoning the sex&male animal forum :slight_smile:

I like the sticky idea, the openness of this forum makes it really valuable. What scares me more than the aweful dumb shitty advice that some people are willing to share on a public forum is the advice they give their friends in private about doing a cycle or BB in general.

In my opinion, steroid/peptide use in general comes down to personal responsibility, and the disclaimer will help reinforce that idea that any use without tons of research is abuse and an aweful, dumb, shitty idea.

Parents are always going to blame everyone but their kid who heard from a buddy that 80mg of Dbol crushed into powder mixed with milk and poured into the muscle via rusty knife inflicted stab wound for 40 weeks was a bitchin cycle o roids, so eff them any way.

They may be a lost cause, but the little sticky might help people remember that steroids and peptides aren’t to be taken lightly.

If you will notice, I post in here in bursts, followed by a few weeks of saying very little.

I don’t know if it’s ADD, or what, but I very quickly grow weary of the inane questions, the dangerous advice from people who should have their right to breathe removed, and typing the same stuff over and over again.

This is our house. How do we keep it orderly, and efficient?

I think the most practical answer is to ignore idiot posts and posters - and use the “Report Post” function for dangerous advice.

I don’t mind fighting with P22, or bushy over the taper. Hell - it’s fun. But I get tired of the bullshit posters who are only here to have one of us tell them, “great cycle, bro. You going to get SOOOO huge”.

So I take breaks.

How about a standard for asking about cycles? It seems ridiculous that people post “sup guyz i wanna do 500mL a day of winny iz that a gud cycle?”

• Proper English. If it’s not your first language, fine. But no txt speak.

• Age. Lie if you want, it just removes responsibility from us. You say you’re over 21, then our answers are based on that.

• Weight. For obvious reasons.

• BF%. Because too many people think steroids will get them ripped and they can finally see their “hawt abz”.

• Years Training (training seriously I mean). Again, for obvious reasons.

• What you hope to get out of this cycle. You might be using an inefficient compound for your goals.

etc.

Then list the cycle. Compounds, dosing, length, whether you’re ‘pulsing’, PCT etc.

I’m sure if half the posters here even showed age and training experience, they’d get shot down pretty quickly.

A photo would probably help too, as long as it’s a proper photo and not some bullshit “oh look at my myspace pic” photo.

EDITED: For clarity.