There goes the neighborhood... Blame Janet!

Zeb,
Obviously you live in a market where Howard is broadcast so you know that he is on the airwaves the solution is simple like I stated earlier you simply do not HAVE to listen to the radio while your child is in the car! What makes you so sure that broadcasting shows like Howard’s at 10 or 11 p.m. is safe? How do you know that little “Johnny” isn’t in his bed sneaking a listen with his headphones while he is supposed to be asleep.
It seems to me that people like yourself use “children” as the excuse for your own agenda, which is the fact that you don’t like programs like Howard Stern at all and find them morally offensive! If you don’t like those programs don’t listen!

ZEB-

So, we agree that nothing bad will happen if a child hears ‘FUCK’ on the radio. If you acknowledge that this is true, then why must we change what is heard on the radio or seen on TV?

I think that we are both trying to raise healthy, happy children. However, I think that we differ in what we view as potential threats to our children’s safety.

Do not misunderstand my point of view, I am not advocating that children be exposed to adult material. I am however interested in a conversation that outlines exactly what harm is being done.

JND

Invaders,

If it is on later at night then there will be less children awake. Thus less children hear or see it. Actually you are wrong about my “agenda.” I have none, other than to protect my children from hearing, or seeing something that is inapropriate for their age group. Not a matter of “not liking the programs.” It’s a matter of having them, and advertisements for them shoved in my face. Sorry that offends you.

JND,

I already told you why I didn’t like profanity at any time of the day on the airwaves. I do not want to have that sort of chat dictated to me by the entertainment industry.

I am not sure that there is anything new to add to this conversation. It’s simply a matter of conflicting philosophies. I continue to respect your side of the argument, as anything that promotes free speech has to be respected. However, again for the children I think there needs to be some minimal regulation. And there will be, rest assured!

well i guess i can throw away the windex i won’t have to clean my tv after that night anymore. you bastards!