T Nation

There Are No Ugly Women

Link is in case picture is wacky.

From what I understand, picture is from a Fox reality TV show called ‘The Swan’. The women went through plastic surgery, had diet and training coaching and guidance for about 3 months. Definitely an extreme case.

Still though. These women went from Coyote Uglies to Foxes.

Does the image show that there’s no such thing as ugly women? Or that there’s no such thing as beautiful?

It proves that we have the technology to make ugly chicks hot.

You have apparently never been to New Mexico or the connecting part of Arizona.

There are ugly women and we can fix them. Thank god for science.

It shows that makeup does wonders

It shows that 9 “ugly” women has become less ugly.

and it shows that, even on 2011, you can still make an entire show based on the very old “before/after” concept.
which is quite frightening.

[quote]kamui wrote:
It shows that 9 “ugly” women has become less ugly.

and it shows that, even on 2011, you can still make an entire show based on the very old “before/after” concept.
which is quite frightening.[/quote]

Just so you know the only two seasons of The Swan were both aired in 2004.

[quote]TD54 wrote:
It shows that makeup does wonders[/quote]

Its more than makeup.

In the case of the OP, there was surgery and hardcore dieting and lessons in posture, how to walk/talk, etc.

I mean, I get what you’re saying, that a lot of ugly women but they can convince people otherwise. I think it happens to be the opposite- that people are kind of innately pretty.

I’m from Houston. Houston has a lot of fat people. Once I got out of Texas, I realized there would be a lot more hot chicks in Houston if everyone would just lose 20 lbs (or 40, or 50, or…).

Then I got to China and, after a couple of months, realized that the main difference between the girl I was dating and the girl that would show up on advertisements on the subway walls to sell diet drinks and fish oil was clothing choice. And cup size, but mostly clothing choice. And I don’t mean that in an ‘ar Chinese rook arike’, kind of way, I mean that a lot of the reason people (specifically women, but whatev) are seen as unattractive has a lot more to do with cosmetic blemishes than faulty substrates. Its bad posture, or unflattering clothes, or a constant reek of patchouli, and not a lack of a nose a la Voldemort or something.

Put simply, people are pretty if they try to be. I found that to be significant.

There are no ugly women if you turn the lights off.

Under all the plastic surgery and makeup is the same woman that let herself go in the first place.

[quote]Otep wrote:

[quote]TD54 wrote:
It shows that makeup does wonders[/quote]

Its more than makeup.

In the case of the OP, there was surgery and hardcore dieting and lessons in posture, how to walk/talk, etc.

I mean, I get what you’re saying, that a lot of ugly women but they can convince people otherwise. I think it happens to be the opposite- that people are kind of innately pretty.

I’m from Houston. Houston has a lot of fat people. Once I got out of Texas, I realized there would be a lot more hot chicks in Houston if everyone would just lose 20 lbs (or 40, or 50, or…).

Then I got to China and, after a couple of months, realized that the main difference between the girl I was dating and the girl that would show up on advertisements on the subway walls to sell diet drinks and fish oil was clothing choice. And cup size, but mostly clothing choice. And I don’t mean that in an ‘ar Chinese rook arike’, kind of way, I mean that a lot of the reason people (specifically women, but whatev) are seen as unattractive has a lot more to do with cosmetic blemishes than faulty substrates. Its bad posture, or unflattering clothes, or a constant reek of patchouli, and not a lack of a nose a la Voldemort or something.

Put simply, people are pretty if they try to be. I found that to be significant. [/quote]

I can agree with most of this. In my opinion the things that make the biggest impact are the things that aren’t permanent like makeup, clothing, a tan, new hairstyle or learning how to smile.

Presentation is everything.

Even if every girl is made beautiful, there is still enough “ugly on the inside” to last forever! (For us boys too, like)

I’d fuck all those skanks.
With my penis.

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
Even if every girl is made beautiful, there is still enough “ugly on the inside” to last forever! (For us boys too, like)[/quote]

Yes, but then skanks wouldn’t have the advantage of hotness over saints.

Although, I can see how being required to judge them based on their behavior and not clothing styles would confuse a broad swathe of men.

Thank Goodness for Alcohol.

Making chicks hot since inception.

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:
Thank Goodness for Alcohol.

Making chicks hot since inception.[/quote]

A drink within a drink?

[quote]Nards wrote:
There are no ugly women if you turn the lights off.[/quote]
Disagree.

Rosie O Donnell

Kathy Bates.

[quote]dshroy wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Disagree.

Rosie O Donnell

Kathy Bates.[/quote]

If I was any good on photoshop, I’d make you eat those words! lol

[quote]dshroy wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Disagree.

Rosie O Donnell

Kathy Bates.[/quote]

OK, OK…lights off and you can’t use your hands.