Theory About Michael Jackson's Voice

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
People who sing (practice and perform) to the upper limit of their vocal range consistently since childhood can retain/maintain that range in many cases. MJ was born into a musical family and the fact that music was in his blood is an indicator that the guy most likely sang DAILY, and with proper technical execution.

Singers who push the limits and add growls and rasp often lose their upper range.

This is very true.

I sing and have since a little kid. I can hit higher ranges that people wouldn’t think I could because my talking voice can be much deeper.[/quote]

Aaron Neville comes to mind… in that he’s also a big dude who can really soar into the upper range.
I always imagine you have a deeep voice, Doc!

[quote]Gregus wrote:
SmallToBig wrote:
??

So they removed his testicles or the whole package … but he still had 3 children.

Think about that for a few minutes.

Common, don’t be naive. MJ can’t have kids. His kids are a product of surrogate parents. And castrados have their package just not the testicles. It was done to boys with exceptional singing talent to prevent puberty from changing and altering the tone of their voice. Thats why IMO he always sounded just like a soft spoken woman when interviewed.

Make no mistake, im not bashing him. Not at all. Just sharing my opinion as to the uniqueness of his vocals.
[/quote]
I saw an interview the other day where he said that the surrogate mother was the only one involved, it was his sperm. And in order to do that, he has to have his testicles as they are what make the little guys.

Agreed with what everyone is saying.
Additionally, it’s been said by those that knew him that Michael’s soft, high pitched voice was not his natural speaking voice.

Barry Gibb has a high pitched voice. He prob still has his balls.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
People who sing (practice and perform) to the upper limit of their vocal range consistently since childhood can retain/maintain that range in many cases. MJ was born into a musical family and the fact that music was in his blood is an indicator that the guy most likely sang DAILY, and with proper technical execution.

Singers who push the limits and add growls and rasp often lose their upper range.[/quote]

Yes… Generally speaking, when you shout or force your voice, you damage it. And yes, if you start singing early, you’ll typically have a much better range.

As for his voice… wtf… He was just a countertenor, and a soft-spoken one at that. To compare, I am a bass-baritone, and when I speak quietly/softly (this is often), I speak in the higher range of what I’m comfortable with. So for Michael, who already had a high voice, to speak softly, it was natural to sound as he did.

I sing and have since a little kid. I can hit higher ranges that people wouldn’t think I could because my talking voice can be much deeper.[/quote]

Am I the only one who would be VERY amused by a video/recording of that?

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I sing and have since a little kid. I can hit higher ranges that people wouldn’t think I could because my talking voice can be much deeper.

Am I the only one who would be VERY amused by a video/recording of that?[/quote]

I was actually offered a record deal but was underage and my parents didn’t agree with me going that route. Once you lose a contact in that industry, it is tough to get one back, especially years later. I am not very good at playing a synthesizer so when I graduated college, I lost my contact to a decent “producer”. I can write songs, I just don’t have the talent to play the music to back them up.

I have about 30 songs recorded from back then and I sound like a little kid compared to what I sound like now. My voice is much deeper than back then.

Iron Dwarf wrote:

Singers who push the limits and add growls and rasp often lose their upper range.

This is very true.

Aww, this is cute!

HG Thrower wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I sing and have since a little kid. I can hit higher ranges that people wouldn’t think I could because my talking voice can be much deeper.

I was actually offered a record deal but was underage and my parents didn’t agree with me going that route. Once you lose a contact in that industry, it is tough to get one back, especially years later. I am not very good at playing a synthesizer so when I graduated college, I lost my contact to a decent “producer”. I can write songs, I just don’t have the talent to play the music to back them up.

I have about 30 songs recorded from back then and I sound like a little kid compared to what I sound like now. My voice is much deeper than back then.[/quote]

Are we going to get to hear any of these?

HG Thrower wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I have about 30 songs recorded from back then and I sound like a little kid compared to what I sound like now. My voice is much deeper than back then.[/quote]

I’m thinking it would be much more amusing at your current size. Just because it would be so unexpected.

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:
Professor X wrote:
HG Thrower wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I have about 30 songs recorded from back then and I sound like a little kid compared to what I sound like now. My voice is much deeper than back then.

I’m thinking it would be much more amusing at your current size. Just because it would be so unexpected.[/quote]

Trust me, I’ve gotten enough Aaron Neville jokes over the years to last a lifetime.

HG Thrower wrote:
Professor X wrote:
HG Thrower wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I’m thinking it would be much more amusing at your current size. Just because it would be so unexpected.

Trust me, I’ve gotten enough Aaron Neville jokes over the years to last a lifetime.[/quote]

More like the guy who ate Aaron Neville as a snack.

BTW, I saw his brother Ivan at the Jazz Fest in New Orelans. GREAT show (even in the pouring rain).

lol Yea and Mike Tyson was also castrated huh?? He didn’t have the balls to fight but he still beat the shit out of everyone. lol

No way Michael was castrated.

When the first child molestation indictments came down, law enforcement took photos of his junk.

Michael was on the news later that day talking about how violated he felt.

End of story.

BTW I would pay money for a youtube video of PX hitting some high notes

HG Thrower wrote:
Professor X wrote:
HG Thrower wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Trust me, I’ve gotten enough Aaron Neville jokes over the years to last a lifetime.[/quote]

I could just imagine you walking onto the American Idol stage for tryouts and seeing Simon Cowell’s face LOL. “Uh… Professor…Uh…Mr…X…you’re through to Hollywood.”

My father was a professionally trained opera singer and while I am not much of a singer I have his low deep raspy voice. I have had people ask me if I have a frog in my throat, and I just reply, have you ever heard my dad speak? I think there is a genetic thing to it IMO.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
My father was a professionally trained opera singer and while I am not much of a singer I have his low deep raspy voice. I have had people ask me if I have a frog in my throat, and I just reply, have you ever heard my dad speak? I think there is a genetic thing to it IMO. [/quote]

Ya same as me think Vin Diesel raspy/deep.

Gets annoying sometimes if your in a loud place people have trouble hearing what i say lol and if i get a cold its just plain silly.

drewh wrote:
You are an idiot jermaine aounds the same, many in his family have soft voices.

Agreed. Tito was the same way…and so are Tito’s three kids who had that singing group back in the mid 90’s (T3). Not only that, but Mike’s kids are not white. They looked mixed.

He just has them covered up most of the time now, and for those who don’t know, many black babies are born looking way lighter than they are when they get a few years older. I was very light skinned when I was first born. I am now the color of OUTER SPACE.

This voice rumor was around when he was still a kid. They used to say that his dad gave him female hormones to keep his voice high. [/quote]

A Black Newborn baby is much lighter and sometimes downright white looking till the skin pigmentation kicks in. Im aware of that. His kids are too old to still be missing so much pigment, or their mothers DNA is more dominant in this case. MJ actually looked very black or ethnic for the PC crowd, before his surgeries.

I have to say though, i can believe his voice was 100% natural. Im not after trampling on his grave in any way. I always supported him and always believed he was innocent of all molestation charges, true blue through and through.

But even thought he says his kids are his, of his own sperm, there is still something odd about the whole pregnancy thing with him. Surrogate mother, sperm collected and artificially inseminated etc… Not the tried and true path to having kids. I think the poor guy suffered with something that’ll never be revealed. God Bless him.