Then and Now

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
You think platz’s legs are still huge.[/quote]

month or so ago, MuscleMag ran an article about Platz’s career. Recent pics show he STILL has awesome legs.

I’ll dig 'em up and post soon.

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
I found this pic of Dillet but I don’t think it’s real.

It just can’t be.

either way… he still looks better than most people who post on these forums :)[/quote]

False. Dillet looks like complete shit in that pic. If most of the people on these boards look worse than that, well, suffice to say I’d be extremely disappointed.

Platz is 54, and looks like a lesbian woman. Kudos if he’s still in shape though.

OMG OMG, pro bodybuilders are humans, nooooo. They get old, the lose muscle when they stop eating 6000 calories per day and training like they did when they were getting ready for the Olympia, noooooo, it can’t be true. I thaught if I became a pro I’d be an immortal too, jeese that just ruined my life.

People get old, people change goals, such is life.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
OMG OMG, pro bodybuilders are humans, nooooo. They get old, the lose muscle when they stop eating 6000 calories per day and training like they did when they were getting ready for the Olympia, noooooo, it can’t be true. I thaught if I became a pro I’d be an immortal too, jeese that just ruined my life.

[/quote]

Um, I don’t think that is what anyone was saying. We apologize if our interest in former pro bodybuilders physiques (or lack thereof) disturbs you.

Levrone was a freakin beast and the fact he could put on all that shredded mass within a few months makes him a shapeshifter! His Arms were plain sick!

• Adam

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:

Um, I don’t think that is what anyone was saying. We apologize if our interest in former pro bodybuilders physiques (or lack thereof) disturbs you.[/quote]

It was a joke lighten the fuck up. That’s why it wasn’t directed at anyone and followed by a generalization.

People get old, people change goals, such is life. Just stating the facts.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

It just can’t be.[/quote]

From what I can gather (from his time as a writer in MD for a while) he has had it rough in his personal life over the last few years. I don’t know the details, but I would consider that some of these guys don’t all have story book lives going on after they quit competing.

I think that needs to be said because while some of you see no harm in threads like this, clueless newbs immediately jump to, “it was all steroids and now they shrunk after they quit taking them” even though that is rarely the case with these guys. I don’t see many in this thread saying otherwise either.

It takes a huge amount of focus to maintain a lean body weight of over 250lbs in lean shape over the age of 40 so I am not sure why anyone is surprised that people who don’t compete anymore and now do other things don’t maintain award winning physiques.

As many times as Dillet froze up on stage, I would hope he would back off a little.

LankyMofo wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:

Um, I don’t think that is what anyone was saying. We apologize if our interest in former pro bodybuilders physiques (or lack thereof) disturbs you.

It was a joke lighten the fuck up. That’s why it wasn’t directed at anyone and followed by a generalization.

People get old, people change goals, such is life. Just stating the facts.[/quote]

Lol, for some reason I took offense to it. Well, as much offense as you can take over the internet. But thank you for telling us that goals change. I was unaware.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:

It just can’t be.

From what I can gather (from his time as a writer in MD for a while) he has had it rough in his personal life over the last few years. I don’t know the details, but I would consider that some of these guys don’t all have story book lives going on after they quit competing.

I think that needs to be said because while some of you see no harm in threads like this, clueless newbs immediately jump to, “it was all steroids and now they shrunk after they quit taking them” even though that is rarely the case with these guys. I don’t see many in this thread saying otherwise either.

It takes a huge amount of focus to maintain a lean body weight of over 250lbs in lean shape over the age of 40 so I am not sure why anyone is surprised that people who don’t compete anymore and now do other things don’t maintain award winning physiques.

As many times as Dillet froze up on stage, I would hope he would back off a little.[/quote]

Well, fortunately there hasn’t been any “he shrunk after he gotz off dem roidz” talk in this thread so there hasn’t had to be someone to set them straight.

While I’m sure everyone has their reasons for not maintaining their award winning physiques, I just get surprised when I hear they gave it up altogether. I mean, Levrone wants to be an actor, at least with him we have an explanation. But from all the rumors about how great Dillet’s genetics were, it doesn’t seem like he’s even lifted a weight in years in that pic.

Like I said, I’m sure he’s got his reasons, but it doesn’t make it any less surprising.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:

Lol, for some reason I took offense to it. Well, as much offense as you can take over the internet. But thank you for telling us that goals change. I was unaware.
[/quote]

Don’t understand what there is to take offense too. Maybe you should stop being so sensitive, and you’re fucking sarcasm is absolutely immature.

Again I was stating the facts so that people who were unaware of things like this have now been enlightened.

Anyways I need to run to the gym so if you want to keep acting like a prick be me guest.

[quote]Grindsmen wrote:
Speaking of Dave Draper, I love the way this guy writes about lifting. Check out his site and sign up for his newsletter. It’ll help keep you motivated![/quote]

Really, huh. Ya don’t say?

On a different note, it looks like Shawn Ray has a “Fitness Over 40” dvd, chronicling his attempt to get “back in shape” after recently turning 40. He’s still involved in the sport of bodybuilding, I believe covering shows for BB.com or MD.com, but he has let himself build a spare chin and get rounder around the midsection (understandably so).

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

Well, fortunately there hasn’t been any “he shrunk after he gotz off dem roidz” talk in this thread so there hasn’t had to be someone to set them straight.

While I’m sure everyone has their reasons for not maintaining their award winning physiques, I just get surprised when I hear they gave it up altogether. I mean, Levrone wants to be an actor, at least with him we have an explanation. But from all the rumors about how great Dillet’s genetics were, it doesn’t seem like he’s even lifted a weight in years in that pic.

Like I said, I’m sure he’s got his reasons, but it doesn’t make it any less surprising.[/quote]

I just told you that Dillet had personal problems going on that i am sure led to him giving up on how great of shape he is in. I only know bits and pieces so I am reluctant to even write what I think I know in detail here.

I can tell you he moved to Canada for some strange reason.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Grindsmen wrote:
Speaking of Dave Draper, I love the way this guy writes about lifting. Check out his site and sign up for his newsletter. It’ll help keep you motivated!

Really, huh. Ya don’t say?

On a different note, it looks like Shawn Ray has a “Fitness Over 40” dvd, chronicling his attempt to get “back in shape” after recently turning 40. He’s still involved in the sport of bodybuilding, I believe covering shows for BB.com or MD.com, but he has let himself build a spare chin and get rounder around the midsection (understandably so).

Fitness After 40 Trailer with Shawn Ray - YouTube [/quote]

LOL. Talk of a pro “getting back in shape” is like hearing a Nascar racer talk about learning to drive again.

Newbies over 40 should probably avoid using that as a template.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:

[/quote]

Don’t understand what there is to take offense too. Maybe you should stop being so sensitive, and you’re fucking sarcasm is absolutely immature.

Again I was stating the facts so that people who were unaware of things like this have now been enlightened.

Anyways I need to run to the gym so if you want to keep acting like a prick be me guest.

LankyMofo wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:

Anyways I need to run to the gym so if you want to keep acting like a prick be me guest.[/quote]

Wait, I’m being sensitive?

I was just thanking you for enlightening us all.

LOL. Talk of a pro “getting back in shape” is like hearing a Nascar racer talk about learning to drive again.

[/quote]

Give me a break - he’s still bricked in his “after” shots. Obviously, compared to the previous sequence of him in contest shape, he looks worse, but he’s still big and has a pretty light layer of chub on his body. He’s a 16 week diet away from looking fantastic in that vid. I love how the doc says “You’re obese” - by what standards? The BMI?

What hilarious bullshit. You’d have to be fucking retarded not to see that he’s just de-conditioned. If he didn’t gain an ounce of muscle and just took off that chub, he’d look monstrous…

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Give me a break - he’s still bricked in his “after” shots. Obviously, compared to the previous sequence of him in contest shape, he looks worse, but he’s still big and has a pretty light layer of chub on his body. He’s a 16 week diet away from looking fantastic in that vid. I love how the doc says “You’re obese” - by what standards? The BMI?

What hilarious bullshit. You’d have to be fucking retarded not to see that he’s just de-conditioned. If he didn’t gain an ounce of muscle and just took off that chub, he’d look monstrous… [/quote]

Hey, we have people that clueless on this very board. Look at the response Hussayn got from “jerm” simply because he was off season before dieting.

Yes, many of these people are that stupid. They see some body fat and it is like they can’t see the 20" arms underneath.

LOL. Talk of a pro “getting back in shape” is like hearing a Nascar racer talk about learning to drive again.[/quote]

I don’t know, man. That “just turn left” instinct can be pretty strong and needs to be re-trained.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
I love how the doc says “You’re obese” - by what standards? The BMI?[/quote]

That was pretty “intense”. I could just picture them cutting to the dramatic hamster thing. Dun, dun, dunnnnnnnnnnn!

In that first shirtless shot, it did pretty much look like he was just in offseason shape, especially thinking back to how he looked in The Final Countdown. But Ray always did seem like a smart businessman, and I’m guessing that what we saw of his struggling with the training was, in part, to connect with the audience.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Professor X wrote:

What hilarious bullshit. You’d have to be fucking retarded not to see that he’s just de-conditioned. If he didn’t gain an ounce of muscle and just took off that chub, he’d look monstrous… [/quote]

I’d take his “obese” body in a heart beat, like people have said previously he has to be a business man and try and sell his movie, by making it seem like he’s let himself go, but in a honesty, I bet half the “real bodybuilders” on this board would kill to have that physique.

Hussayn v. Jerm is becoming legendary.

I doubt most of the people here are shocked to see that these guys (with the exception of Dave Draper) didn’t stay at or near their all time best. That would just be stupid to expect. I do think that it is natural to be curious about what becomes of the pros and their bodies after retirement.

At least there haven’t been any retards talking out of their arse about roidz, fat bodybuilders etc…