Then and Now... Thanks TNation!

Here’s a before picture, this is what I looked like in 2006, and probably for awhile afterward (this just happens to be when I took the picture). As recently as 2010, according to my records, I weighed as little as 150. Current weight is 180.
Best lifts this year (2012): 305 BP
185 strict OHP
335 squat
445 Deadlift

EDIT: It’s almost the end of 2013, and while my BP and OHP bests haven’t changed, I’ve hit a 405 squat and a 505 deadlift, belt only on both. So there’s that. Now that I’ve balanced out a bit, and my legs aren’t necessarily a weak point, going forward I can begin to give my upper body more attention again.

The following pictures were taken in the last few weeks:

I have a few more pictures in my hub, and plan on posting more/better pictures. Flame away! :slight_smile:
Also, if anyone thinks I need other poses in here, let me know, I’ll be happy to oblige. Any criticism is ABSOLUTELY welcome as well.

Good work, and congrats on your progress. It does look like your legs are lagging though.

_Mel

Mel - No doubt. I should be set on fire for how bad they look. They’re a focus now, especially since one of my primary goals right now is a higher PL total. I hate squatting, and it shows. I’d say it’ll be a solid, dedicated year before they’re respectable.

HOw tall are you and whats your general diet look like in cals/foodz? Nice progress. My legs are the same way. They are by far my worst genetics

Great transformation man. You can definitely tell that you put in some work. I’m not sure if your legs are as bad as you so they are. Your quads look ok. I don’t think the pictures help. Keep pluggin though you’ve done some good work.

ryan - I’m 5’10. My diet for the last couple months has looked like this: 3 scoops Metabolic Drive with 750ml whole milk around noon. the same thing a couple hours later. Sometimes fruit in those shakes, sometimes not, depends on what I have. On workout days I’ve been doing surge and surge recovery during/after workouts, 2 scoops of each.

Only solid meal of the day is dinner after workouts. This template works well with my job, I don’t really get breaks at work. Weekends I just eat whatever. That being said, I generally eat pretty clean. Don’t like sweet stuff, so that helps. The only sugar in my diet comes from milk. No sodas in my diet.

I honestly don’t think legs are a genetic issue, it’s more of a “I haven’t put in the work issue”. I’ve certainly done more leg work than your casual gym rat, but I’m still not proud of all the leg days I’ve skipped in the past. I also think I will be expanding the volume on my squat days beyond the prescribed volume of 5/3/1.
jerome - thank you sir. the pictures definitely don’t help, haha. I’m super hip/glute dominant on my squats, so I’m glad to hear the quads don’t look too bad. I can feel the quads working more on hack squats, and I know Ebomb loves these, so I’m gonna be using that for extra volume.

Appreciate the comments guys! Looking for as much feedback as possible!

Just to throw this out there, 100% natty. only current supplements are Surge, Surge Recovery, Metabolic Drive, and Creatine. I’ve got some of the new MAG-10 formula I will be using after I run out of Surge Recovery, and I’ll switch Anaconda in for the Surge when I run out of that.

I used the old Anaconda/MAG-10 formulas, really liked them. Will be interested to see how well I respond to this new stuff.
EDIT: Forgot about brain candy, been using that every morning. love the stuff.

Update: down about 10 lbs.

Fantastic work bro, I didn’t think you were a natty until I read through your posts. Please take that as a compliment and not disrespect.

That’s definitely a compliment, thanks!

Nice work, looking very lean!

_Mel

What’s your current weight? jw

Nice work overall looks good for sure

Good work. Im glad you got rid of the facial hair.

tweet

Nice work. I just wanted to comment about the general public’s idea of muscle/weight gain. According to your first post, you are “only” 30lbs. heavier, but the visual difference is impressive. I have people tell me from time to time something along the lines of “Yeah, I want to start working out and put on 20lbs. of muscle” as if it’s no big deal. Your pictures are a realistic reminder of what an accomplishment that really is.