The Youth of America

‘She looks like a PIG and you as a parent look like a clueless F@$K!!! Oh yeah, yes, you mom, the one with the sloppy looking kid, you’re a slob too!!!’

crg27,

LMAO, more slobs (Simply Lazy Overweight/Obese/Over-Obese Bitch/Bastards) are forming in my land.

Don, your second job must be supporting
these slobs in your country. I pity you.
Any more rants?

I don’t think blaming one generation or another is going to get you anywhere.

There has always been distractions from a healthy lifestyle, and there always will be. The only thing that has really changed was the inventions of TV and the internet. But I doubt many people on this board can even remember when few people had TV’s, so there’s no argument there, and if we’re going to blame the internet, then we’re all hypocrites for writing it on a message board.

I think if there is one area to place the most blame in, it’s the medical establishment. Just like JB says, all these so-called ‘experts’ spend so much time arguing about the minutia of diet and exercise that people miss the real important stuff. People don’t know which is better: high carb, low fat; or atkins, so they do neither. They end up eating what’s cheap, convenient, and marketed to them. As lobo already stated, not everybody wants to be a health/fitness nerd.

Even though I blame the medical establishment, I can’t help but feel the respnsibility to right what has been wronged. We are the ones reaping the benefits of being healthy, and we are the ones who are going to have to show others. I’ll leave it at that, but I will say this: We also have to stop arguing about the minutia. Yes, the science of lifting is very important to me, that’s why I train Westside, but c’mon, people can make decent gains on any program, as long as their head’s in the right place. Any way we approach this, I think we’ve got to do something, and quick, before people pass more laws to get rid of supplements.

Peace,
Ryan

hmmmm im 17 so ive got some nice experience with this, im cuaght somewhere between everyone being fat and the days when kids played ghost in the graveyard and jumped the same dirthill 500 times on their schwins in the 85 degree heat…

But yeah ill tell my story to provide some insight…

You guys are making me nostalgic for elementary school, i remember running around even after dark playing kick the can or ghost in the graveyard or exploring some small wooded area and building forts, hell i remember in like 3rd grade we had to make our way through a field of thorn bushes to get to our fort, we did it in shorts, we would always come bakc home with scraped up legs and we played football and BASEBALL constantly, always the baseball. i started getting heavy in like 4th grade, i agree that parents need to watch what they buy and bring home, my dad would come home once a week from the damn entemans store with a cache of doughnuts and the thing that killed me was he ate like 1 doughtnut a week and i ended up eating everything else, then freshamn year of highschool rolled around and i was like hmmm… i wanna get laid… a side note real quick i also agree schools should have some kind of nutrition education becuase when i first started trying to lose weight i became anorexic and lost like 60 lbs in 3 months and i was consuming anywhere from 50-300 calories a day. I looked like a skeleton, i then decided i wanted to get big and strong but didnt know anything about lifting or the nutrition there of… another side note in my HS in illinois were PE is required they have a new elective “Walking for fitness”… how fucking lazy… Anyway i finally started looking around on the internet and some guy over at www.teenbodybuilding.com helped me put together a routine but i injured my knees nicely and eventually i got everything back on track at the end of junior year, i worked out hard as HELL this summer and it showd, a couple of months into senior year everything was going badass, i was one of the strongest kids in my lifting class, some of the hottest damn girls in the school were checking me out, i started getting comfortable with the ladies i start getting these weird lesions all over my body… so i was like fudge… then i got into a car accident some drunks rear ended me on the way to school tottaling my car and i started getting a weird pain in my toe the next day… Then over the next few weeks it spread to my left ankle and all the ligaments felt inflamed as hell and i could barely walk and it started throwing some muscle imbalances in my knee that my chiro had just started getting me to rehab and then my shoulders started bugging me and now my index fingers and if i wasnt on 50mg of vioxx right now i wouldnt be moving out of bed… lost alot of the muscle i had but im still in that lifting class doing what i can until i get on some good meds… what pisses me off is these douche bags who are in this class who dont do anything, or any douche bag period who can work out and run but just sits around and doesnt do shit, i honestly hate them, im stuck inside chillin on a damn couch or this computer and i got cabin fever like there is no tommrow, parents arent feeding their kids the right kind of food and are too fat themselves, theres a god damn walking for fitness class, then these fat assholes on who are too fucken fat too move to the damn bathroom to wash themselves but they can somehow still consume a cargo of krispy kremes a day to keep them in that state where i get tax deductions out of my check from my job that i had to quit from disability so they get free medical treatment for their expensive self inflicted “illness” (there was a news story on FOX news here in chicago that ran a story about one such woman) while I get screwed over by being middleclass where my insurance may or may not cover the enbrel shots that i need that are like 2,500 dollars a month that i cant even get becuase the doctor wont see me untill im 18 and i most likely wont be able to be a fire fighter now if these meds dont work… AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So too sum it up; i hate fat people becuase 99% of them could be out there working out instead of cooped up inside and other then being fat their perfectly healthy but I get screwed over with a crippling auto-immune disease… thanks for listening