The Year of the 1000lb Raw Squat

[quote]tsantos wrote:

[quote]osu122975 wrote:
just because it was fast doesn’t mean it was light or easy[/quote]

True, but the fucker could grind just a little to make us little people feel a bit better about ourselves :P[/quote]

:slight_smile: - Yea that’s true. Big weight is awesome. Big weight fast is more awesome!

[quote]frankjl wrote:

[quote]AnytimeJake wrote:
Fucking awesome, and all the geared guy are crying in they’re suits.[/quote]

All of the multiply guys that I associate are fans of big raw lifters. So much so I’d say that the “rivalry” between raw and geared lifters is very one sided in that geared lifters never bad mouth raw lifters – only the other way around.

Actually, the only people I ever see discourage any other lifter are the loud mouth raw zealots that have lifted for less than a year and think a 500lb raw squat is impressive. Just something to think about.[/quote]

A 500lb beltless, no knee wraps, Olympic style squat at 198 or less is impressive.

Now if we’re talking about low bar, just below parallel, belt, and tight as hell knee wraps, I’ll agree that you need to be moving triple bodyweight to be impressive.

Andrey Malanichev.

Wow.

Just.

Wow.

Looks pretty high to me.

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:
Looks pretty high to me.[/quote]
It didn’t look like Rob Wilkerson’s lol.

[quote]csulli wrote:

It didn’t look like Rob Wilkerson’s lol.[/quote]

Hahaha nonetheless… Still high. Beautiful display of strength no doubt… But a shame the first 1000lb w/ wraps squat wasn’t a bit more convincing.

[quote]arramzy wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

It didn’t look like Rob Wilkerson’s lol.[/quote]

Hahaha nonetheless… Still high. Beautiful display of strength no doubt… But a shame the first 1000lb w/ wraps squat wasn’t a bit more convincing.[/quote]
I’ve waffled on it. I’ve seen some angles where he looks obviously high, but in other videos it actually looks great.

Similar to the IPF one that got redlighted:

edit: sorry, not sure what Fed

This is the best screenshot of depth I’ve been able to get, live it looks real high, but this screenshot has him at about paralell, maybe slightly high. I recorded with my phone, so this the only angle I have. His thighs are massive. Deeper than hoff’s, thats for sure.

Frank, haha, I’ve been following, and involved in the sport for 20yrs, geared or raw, matter’s not to me. I don’t get involved in the nonsense that goes on with the internet. I think an impressive lift is an impressive lift, wheather it’s raw or geared, or just a guy banging off raw 500lb squats in the gym. I crack a joke, and everyone gets there panties in a knott, and starts putting everyone else down, were all just lifter’s bro, impressed by a big squat. If this thread goes all geared vrs raw bullshit, it’s got nothing to do with me, I could care fucking less.

Nice lifting Andrey - no matter what the “depth police” on the internet say. Good thing they are certified to judge and were there to judge the lift.

How come it always comes down to this, internet judging crap !

lolz

How come it always comes down to this, internet judging crap ![/quote]

They’re too busy not lifting. “keyboard lifters”.

When I used to build circle track cars, at the end of a long night we’d sit around w/ a few beers and “bench race”, which means we all talked crap of “my car is faster than your car” even tho we’ve never raced.

[quote]osu122975 wrote:

When I used to build circle track cars, at the end of a long night we’d sit around w/ a few beers and “bench race”, which means we all talked crap of “my car is faster than your car” even tho we’ve never raced.
[/quote]

Oh come on guys. You got no right to tell me I’m a ‘keyboard lifter’ who doesn’t lift given that you have no idea what I have done. That really has nothing to do with the fact that the squat was OBJECTIVELY high… No matter who sees it, it is a high squat. As I said, bloody impressive, but still high… No need to do any debating; nothing to debate.

[quote]arramzy wrote:

[quote]osu122975 wrote:

[/quote]

Oh come on guys. You got no right to tell me I’m a ‘keyboard lifter’ who doesn’t lift given that you have no idea what I have done. That really has nothing to do with the fact that the squat was OBJECTIVELY high… No matter who sees it, it is a high squat. As I said, bloody impressive, but still high… No need to do any debating; nothing to debate.[/quote]

X2 its a fucking internet forum…we are shooting the shit about pling. No one is being a keyboard warrior

It’s not shooting the shit when the same people on here are constantly negative and talking shit about every other lifter.

Whose doing that

infinite shore - his comments are generally pretty negative and condescending. if it was just one comment i can understand, but guys like him do it quite often and it gets under my skin.

i probably shouldn’t let it bother me…but sometimes it does

[quote]arramzy wrote:

[quote]osu122975 wrote:

[/quote]

Oh come on guys. You got no right to tell me I’m a ‘keyboard lifter’ who doesn’t lift given that you have no idea what I have done. That really has nothing to do with the fact that the squat was OBJECTIVELY high… No matter who sees it, it is a high squat. As I said, bloody impressive, but still high… No need to do any debating; nothing to debate.[/quote]

I honestly can’t tell on any of the videos I’ve seen. Guys like that with legs that big are really hard to tell. I will say that when he dips to the lowest point it appears that his hips start to move back forward under the bar, which to me indicates the femurs went bellow parallel.