The Year of the 1000lb Raw Squat

Edit: Kendall missed his 1003, but I’m sure he’ll get it soon!

Andrey of course the new world record holder with an incomprehensibly easy 1014.

It’s amazing that after so long all the sudden there are so many in the running. I don’t know if Eric will hit 1000 this year, but he is getting dangerously close. And of course I am patiently waiting for Ray Williams to pull out his own 1000 pounder.

I haven’t seen Derek Kendall’s squat…but Andrey Malanichev, to me looked about 90%. Incredibly easy.

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Derek Kendall miss his 455kg/1003lb squat attempt?

Any vids?

GOOD. GOD.

8^0

I believe Kedall missed his 1003lbs squat, but if bet it falls this year

Aw damn sorry guys. I was very excited firing through facebook when the squatting was happening, and for some reason I thought Kendall got that 1003.

Nevertheless he’s one of at least 3 more dudes in the running to join Andrey across that barrier.

None of them will make it look that easy though lol. Malanichev is in a league of his own at the moment. Anyone else would be lucky to come within 200lbs of his total.

Here’s the meet lift for Andrey from a couple angles:

Here’s Andrey’s other two lifts, breaking his own record total:

Am I the only one impressed that he walked those out?

[quote]chobbs wrote:
Am I the only one impressed that he walked those out?[/quote]

He is Russian, it does not count.

Holy fuck!

He should have opened with 1014, lol.

I believe Malanichev has hydraulic leg implants.

I’d be lucky to hit half his total. Walks back to the rack rack city.

I think it’s because the geared divisions aren’t getting the top talent anymore.

That 1014 was the most ridiculously feat of lifting I have ever seen. Incredible work ethic + years of dedication + optimal squat build + Russian = absurdity.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he puts up a triple with 1000 or 450kg in the near future.

Fucking awesome, and all the geared guy are crying in they’re suits. I remember when a 1000lb geared lift was unfuckingbelievable. Now Erick is talking about hitting 1000, then going back and trying to train and get sans knee wraps, atleast thats what he said his plans were in the interview I heard. It’s funny how once somebody gets an unthinkable lift, there’s like 5 more guys right behind him. It always seems to happen that way ! Fucking awesome, I still live in the world where a 500lb raw squat is impressive :slight_smile:

Kendall wasn’t close on that 1003. Malanchiev prob had more in him on the squat and deadlift, but just because it was fast doesn’t mean it was light or easy - he trains that way. I thought he might try for a 913 pull and get the 2500 he had been talking about. Either way, that was the fastest 1000lb squat I’ve ever seen. Much more impressive than any non-walk out squat. I’ve been told monolift squatting w/o a walkout is much safer and I believe it if that lifter ain’t strong enough to walk it out. Andrey is the most impressive lifter these days since Ed Coan. No one else is as strong and moving the kind of weight he is. No one else is doing 1000lb raw walk out squats. Everyone else who is close does not walk out - which is ok, it’s still an impressive squat, but Andrey is certainly in a league of his own right now.

[quote]AnytimeJake wrote:
Fucking awesome, and all the geared guy are crying in they’re suits.[/quote]

All of the multiply guys that I associate are fans of big raw lifters. So much so I’d say that the “rivalry” between raw and geared lifters is very one sided in that geared lifters never bad mouth raw lifters – only the other way around.

Actually, the only people I ever see discourage any other lifter are the loud mouth raw zealots that have lifted for less than a year and think a 500lb raw squat is impressive. Just something to think about.

[quote]osu122975 wrote:
just because it was fast doesn’t mean it was light or easy[/quote]

True, but the fucker could grind just a little to make us little people feel a bit better about ourselves :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]frankjl wrote:

[quote]AnytimeJake wrote:
Fucking awesome, and all the geared guy are crying in they’re suits.[/quote]

All of the multiply guys that I associate are fans of big raw lifters. So much so I’d say that the “rivalry” between raw and geared lifters is very one sided in that geared lifters never bad mouth raw lifters – only the other way around.

Actually, the only people I ever see discourage any other lifter are the loud mouth raw zealots that have lifted for less than a year and think a 500lb raw squat is impressive. Just something to think about.[/quote]

Thats true, who cares how other lifters want to “play” in this sport. The more options the better, in the big picture.