The Worst Song Ever

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
masonator wrote:
i think its safe to say that THIS is, in fact, the worst song ever.

LOL! I posted this on GAL years ago. It truly is the worst song ever. It’s wayyyyyyyyyyy worse the the scientifically bad song.[/quote]

I mean it takes talent to be THAT bad. I especially enjoyed his spur-of-the-moment shoulder lean in the shower…

I’m just happy to be in good company … those who hate Dave Matthews!

[quote]masonator wrote:
i think its safe to say that THIS is, in fact, the worst song ever.

[/quote]

Holy Christ that was bad!

I was gonna mention Muskrat Love, too. But MacArthur Park is fucking horrendous too. Worst lyrics ever.

A challenger appears;

Sounds like Downs Syndrome put to music.

[quote]LUEshi wrote:
A challenger appears;

Sounds like Downs Syndrome put to music.[/quote]

LOL!!
Gives new meaning to “getting Down.”

At least he has some hotties in the video.

these are good but the king of worst songs ever remains: “paradise by the dashboard light”. i don’t see it being de-throned in my lifetime…

[quote]Xeneize wrote:
LUEshi wrote:
A challenger appears;

LOL!!

At least he has some hotties in the video.[/quote]

I don’t think it was that bad

1. Rockstar by Nickleback
  2. Anything indie
  3. Country music

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Xeneize wrote:
LUEshi wrote:
A challenger appears;

LOL!!

At least he has some hotties in the video.

I don’t think it was that bad[/quote]

Whenever I hear that song, I imagine it being sung by Homer Simpson. Why? I don’t know, but it makes it funnier that way.

[quote]dalejohnson wrote:
2. Anything indie [/quote]

I didn’t know some considered independence from major commercial labels a criteria for judging music.

[quote]lixy wrote:
dalejohnson wrote:
2. Anything indie

I didn’t know some considered independence from major commercial labels a criteria for judging music.[/quote]

Most definitely. There will never be an indie band better than the best bands on major record labels. Name one good band that is indie and I will name you ten that are better that are on major record labels.

Now, there are crap bands that are on major labels but the best are on major labels too. There is no debating this one.

How is the music scene in Sweden btw? What is popular these days? I am originally from there and I was there last August.

[quote]dalejohnson wrote:
Most definitely. There will never be an indie band better than the best bands on major record labels. [/quote]

This is a bold statement.

I lent my crystal ball to a friend. Will let you know when I get it back.

Strawman! This thread is about “The Worst Song Ever”. To which you replied, “Anything indie”. That means that you don’t consider any indie band “good”.

The majors are still responsible for the bulk of the music industry, so one only needs common sense to deduce that more “good bands” emerge from there than from the indie scene. It is changing slowly but surely, and if you bothered actively seeking music instead of waiting for it to reach you through the TV/radio, you’ll be amazed how much excellent talent remains obscure.

Which is a long long way from “Anything indie qualifies for The Worst Song Ever”. Get it?

It’s doing good. Sweden is still number three in terms of global music exports behind the US and UK.

As for popularity, I’ll say that the hip-hop and rap genre is alive and well. But then again, so is rock/folk. It all depends on what age bracket you query.

Sex and Candy by Marcy’s Playground

I hate that freakin’ song…