The Worst President?

another email I got…this outta stir up some shit…

The Worst President?

Liberals claim President Bush shouldn’t have started this war. They complain about his prosecution of it. They point out that Iraq didn’t attack the U.S. and we shouldn’t have gone to war with them.

One liberal recently claimed Bush was the worst president in U.S. history.

Most of these claims come from liberals in the Democratic party. Being an Independent I decided to take a look at history and see if using that criteria who else could be called the “worst” president.

FDR (a democrat) led us into World War II against Germany, Italy, and Japan. Neither Germany or Italy ever attacked us: Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year. That’s 1 Democratic President, 4 years and 450,000 American lives

Harry Truman (a democrat) finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,333 per year. That’s 1 Democratic President, 3 years, and 55,000 American lives.

John F. Kennedy (a democrat) started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us. Lyndon B. Johnson (a democrat) turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year. Finally in the 1970’s Richard Nixon (a republican) pulled us out of Vietnam. That’s 2 Democratic Presidents, 1 Republican President, 13 years, and 58,000 American lives.

Bill Clinton went to war in Bosnia WITHOUT UN or French consent, Bosnia never attacked us. The Clinton administration was offered Osama Bin Laden’s head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured Sadaam Hussein, who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people. We lost about 600 soldiers, an average of 200 a year. Bush did all this abroad while not allowing another terrorist attack at home. That’s 1 Republican President, 2 1/2 years, and about 600 American lives.

Then the Democrats complained about how long the war on terror is taking, but…

It took less time to take Iraq than it TOOK JANET RENO TO TAKE THE BRANCH DAVIDIAN C0MPOUND! THAT WAS A 51 DAY OPERATION!

We’ve been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for LESS TIME THAN IT TOOK HILLARY CLINTON TO LOCATE THE ROSE LAW FIRM RECORDS IN HER OWN OFFICE!

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took TED KENNEDY TO CALL THE POLICE AND GIVE HIMSELF UP AFTER HE HAD AN ACCIDENT WHILE DRUNK AND SANK HIS OLDSMOBILE IN THE CHAPPAQUIDIK RIVER KILLING THE YOUNG LADY WHO WAS HIS PASSENGER!

And Finally…
IT TOOK LESS TIME FOR THE U.S. MILITARY TO TAKE IRAQ THAN IT DID TO COUNT THE VOTES IN FLORIDA IN 2000!!!

But for some reason the Democrats didn’t complain about how long any of that took!
Hmmm…

The Worst President? You Decide?..

Well done. Good article. Written with humor and well supported with facts.
I think, though, that the main reason some people feel Bush is a bad president is that Kennedy, or Truman, or some of the other presidents you mention didn’t come across as two-bit retards whenever they opened their mouth. Some of them had brains and personality. Daddy and his buddies didn’t give them baseball teams and oil companies either. They probably got better grades than Cs at school as well. And they didn’t alienate 90% of the world.
Most of the conflicts you mention in your article were pretty justifiable. Certainly America stepping into WW2 turned the tide and saved the planet.
Afghanistan was justified, in my opinion, but Iraq was a marginal call at best.
These days the public is much less tolerant of losses in combat than in the past. We question more than our grandparents did. This is an entirely good thing. No more will people accept governments slavishly sending young men to their deaths, whether the number of dead is 1000 or 100 000.
He probably isn’t the worst president. But living overseas and being a world traveller, I can tell you he is a laughing stock almost everywhere I go.
Still, good writing buddy. Your post made me think.

and france and germany are laughing stocks to US.

I’m guessing people that want to get these silly email messages are already subscribed to them… (whether coming from left or right sources).

Intelligent, eloquent writing PtrDr.
I’m impressed.

Germeny did declare war on the US before we attacked them. Isn’t this true of Italy as well?

You can’t really compare the different wars that way. They were all unique situations.

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
Well done. Good article. Written with humor and well supported with facts.
[/quote]

Well, unfortunately, I can’t take credit for the article. It is just something I passed on. As one of the posters on this forum has pointed out, I am not smart enough to formulate my own opinions.

I agree with you, however, that it is good that we question our leaders’ motives. I just don’t think our current administration deserves as much flack as they are currently receiving. Especially since even the Clinton administration believed that Iraq was either in possesion of or developing WMD and that Saddam Hussein should be stopped.

Honestly, I’m not the biggest Bush fan, but I feel that its better than the alternative.

[quote]vroom wrote:
I’m guessing people that want to get these silly email messages are already subscribed to them… (whether coming from left or right sources).[/quote]

Well there’s enough bush-bashing on this forum already and besides the email gave bulletized fact-based info. And it appears to have succeeded in sparking conversation, although most so far has just been sophomoric.

Honestly, I’m not the biggest Bush fan, but I feel that its better than the alternative.

Your posts so far don’t really seem to support the first half of this statement…

[quote]vroom wrote:

Your posts so far don’t really seem to support the first half of this statement…[/quote]

Well, when choosing, I’d go for the lesser of two evils.

And the one post was only countering the claim that Bush is the worst president. I never said he was the best.

Warrior, welcome to the fray… wear a cup!

I recall many on the right calling President Clinton one of the worst Presidents of all time. This was after he was impeached.

I think that each generation has become increasingly partisan. This only drives us further apart as a nation, and it’s really a shame.

I think it’s time to disagree on the issues, without being disagreeable regarding the person.

People like Michael Moore pump up the hate on the left, and there are many who do so on the right as well.

Pitiful.

Too bad, I actually thought this was a topic where we were actually going to discuss who we actually thought was the worst US President in history.

Instead, we get the usual “I got this email…” material.

I do think it is silly to suggest that Bush is the worst ever - but in an election year, people tend to get a little myopic.

I remember when some Republicans chanted the same thing about Bill Clinton. It was as dumb then as it is about Bush now.

Oh, and Warrior Spirit,

Next time stir up some shit with some thoughts of your own. Chances are, if you got this email, we all did too.

What the hell?

I’m gone for a week and now I hardly recognize anybody. Who are all these new guys?

I got that email (or a very similar version) about 6 months ago.

And who the hell is sittin in my chair?

“Germany did declare war on the US before we attacked them. Isn’t this true of Italy as well?”
Jeff Rage, you are right. The day after the attack of Pearl Harbour that is 8th December 1941, US declared war to Japan. At this point being Germany and Italy allied with Japan, they declared war to US on December 11th 1941.