The Worst Persecuted Race in History?

When comparing Sub-Saharan Africans, Jews (post exodus), or Native American Indians. I can’t really find any numbers (they’re all going to be pretty misconstrued).

In keeping with the debate let’s all agree that the Native American Holocaust was genocide.

I would probably say that Native Americans top the list.

Human

[quote]meangenes wrote:
When comparing Sub-Saharan Africans, Jews (post exodus), or Native American Indians. I can’t really find any numbers (they’re all going to be pretty misconstrued).

In keeping with the debate let’s all agree that the Native American Holocaust was genocide.

I would probably say that Native Americans top the list. [/quote]

I’ve got one, that you may never had heard of.
Sweden has an indigenous population called “Samer”, they are basically Eskimos. 1919â??1939 they were removed by force into reservations. Laws were made that basically said that the Same people can’t govern themselves, and they still live virtually cut-off from modern Swedish society. I know, not much blood/gore, but persecution nonetheless.

Iâ??m going to have to play LIFTY on this one.

In the history of EVERYTHING a group has never been discriminated against. Only individuals have.

It is impossible to wrong a group because a group has no rights. Only individuals do.

To assign rights and wrongs to groups is to say that we are not equal as humans.

There are plenty of indiginous populations that were enslaved and wiped off the planet at one time or another whose names we don’t even know because it happened before written history. Not to be dismissive of what’s happened to Jews/native americans/african slaves, but the fact that they still exist as a people and have their culture and heritage says that they are better off than some.

Jews tend to get hated on all the time. Including that “planned extermination” thing.

Neanderthals

I would say Native Africans above all other ethnic groups. Africa has long been called the Doomed Continent; many of the countries are war torn and tribes are still at war with each other. At least the Jews have their own country and government…and lobby :slight_smile:

australian aborigines got a pretty bum deal.

[quote]archiewhittaker wrote:
meangenes wrote:

I would probably say that Native Americans top the list.

I’ve got one, that you may never had heard of.
Sweden has an indigenous population called “Samer”, they are basically Eskimos. 1919â??1939 they were removed by force into reservations. Laws were made that basically said that the Same people can’t govern themselves, and they still live virtually cut-off from modern Swedish society. I know, not much blood/gore, but persecution nonetheless. [/quote]

Well actually, they are spread over Norway, Sweden and Finland.

And they have they own government thing here. Thought the actual political influence of that group is minimal.

“Black people yelling ‘racism!’ White people yelling ‘reverse racism!’ Chinese people yelling ‘sideways racism!’ And the Indians ain’t yelling shit, 'cause they dead. So everybody bitching about how bad their people got it: nobody got it worse than the American Indian. Everyone needs to calm the fuck down.”

Tasmanians.

Sudras.

Polynesians.

[quote]borrek wrote:
“Black people yelling ‘racism!’ White people yelling ‘reverse racism!’ Chinese people yelling ‘sideways racism!’ And the Indians ain’t yelling shit, 'cause they dead. So everybody bitching about how bad their people got it: nobody got it worse than the American Indian. Everyone needs to calm the fuck down.”[/quote]

ROFL

Last I checked, Africans have the most of their own countries of any group, and every day it seems like one of them changes names or a new one pops up.

[quote]denv23 wrote:
Neanderthals[/quote]

Our ancestors killed these dudes and then ate them. Even Nazi Germany didn’t do that.

Neanderthals get my vote.

I think it’s pretty tough to top the Jews. Throughout history there have been multiple attempts to wipe them out. Not just Hitler. They got a rough deal.

Dinosaurs man.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Dinosaurs man.[/quote]

WINRAR!!!

I’d also like to nominate the Time Lords. Their are only two left that haven’t yet face EXTERMINATION!

(Silly thread gets a silly response)

[quote]meangenes wrote:

I would probably say that Native Americans top the list. [/quote]

There was no genocide of Native Americans. They got sick, but were not murdered intentionally. No-one could have anticipated that or prevented it.