Guys, I was debating this with a friend. What is the WORST MACHINE ever invented for gyms?
- Must take up A LOT of space.
- Must work a very ancillary or small muscle group.
- Said muscles must be easily trainable with minimal equipment
- Must be confusing as f–k to use
- Bonus points for injury prone forced movement
- Expensive as hell
So far the best we came up with is this giant ab twister thing that our gym has. It’s bigger than a power rack, and all you do in it is rotate your trunk 30 degrees in either direction. Weights go up to about 120 on the cable stack. You have to sit in it with a roller-coaster-like harness (a hard one that pins you from above) and of course the lumbar support is fixed so if you don’t fit it, you’re at risk of grievous injury.
It’s massively popular with the bros.