The Worst Excuse Ever...

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]hanban wrote:
aint nothin’ to it but to do it.[/quote]

Hay Hanban!

Where’d you get that pic?

I made/photoshopped that pic a couple of years ago and posted it in some forgetting thread!
[/quote]

LOL it was you? caught my eye and saved it since. take the guy with biggest legs in the world and glue a jersey shore twig legs on him. classic !

[quote]hanban wrote:
aint nothin’ to it but to do it.[/quote]

This picture is quality, love it. Good work ID!

I like that lots of people don’t squat- looking at the state of the rest of the world I try to take what everyone does and do the exact opposite. So the skinnier other (so-called) guys’ legs get, the the more they accentuate that skinniness with those gay jeans, the further away they are from what I’m doing, result!

Something along the lines of, “I don’t want to get too big and bulky, I play rugby so I have to be fast.”
This is coming from a Guy who weighs like 70kg and most professional rugby players in his position weigh over 90kg

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Basketball players are supposed to be skinny
[/quote]

Srsly, so damn skinny

ID, you photoshopped a girls lower body on Ronnie’s (?) torso… c’mon… you could’ve at least glued a skinny guys legs instead of a girls…

If that’s a guy… then I’m thankful I live in a country where you don’t see “guys” wearing skinny/tight jeans…

[quote]Sterneneisen wrote:
If that’s a guy… then I’m thankful I live in a country where you don’t see “guys” wearing skinny/tight jeans…[/quote]

So your not in the states?
And if you are then fuck it must be a Cali thing
:frowning:

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
[/quote]

Srsly, so damn skinny[/quote]
i know right?!

The University I attend is basically built on a big ass hill… So all the guys on my floor who workout with me say their legs are worked enought from going to class everyday…

one winter my excuse was that I had knee surgery and was on crutches. does that count? I thought it was a good excuse…

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
[/quote]

Srsly, so damn skinny[/quote]

Also, if you put all of that muscle on someone who is 5’9", they would be ready for the Olympia.

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:

[quote]Cato wrote:
Don’t know if it beats yours, but my personal favorite is:

I don’t need to train legs because my legs are already strong/big from running/jogging/soccer/lacrosse/volleyball/etc.[/quote]

that is classic. Heard from a friend last week:

“my boxing instructor said i don’t need to train legs because i already jump rope and run. He saids the muscles i need to work most are abs, biceps and triceps.”

I tried telling him that Legs + Back are more important, but i gave up.[/quote]

I don’t know shit about training boxers, but I’ll go right ahead and assume your friend should listen to his coach and not you.[/quote]

Think about boxing…think about throwing a really hard punch…why would you only train abs tris and bis to throw powerful punches? Nothing is gonna make your punches more explosive than having powerful legs and core, punches start with leg drive. Also, shoulders and traps are gonna do a lot more work when boxing than biceps and triceps. Not that those should be neglected either.

Neither mans answer is better than the other but they are both lacking. [/quote]

If you say so. My knowledge of fighting starts and stops with the Rocky movies. haha[/quote]

Not that i am an expert or anything but for every personal trainer out there who has their clients doing bosu ball squats in the smith machine, theres a martial arts trainer giving out equally uneducated advice. :wink:

Theyre all a dime a dozen nowadays.

Old school Internet excuse.

“I don’t work my legs because MR.T ATE MAH BALLZ!!”

[quote]Tatsu wrote:
“I don’t train my legs because I play soccer.”

[/quote]

I wouldn’t train my legs either if I was playing soccer or, if I did, it would be much lighter than now.
Too much accumulated fatigue on legs from training and playing soccer will lead to weaker performance and increased risk of muscular injuries.

Competitive soccer players (professionals) have specific strength programs and most of them have the heavy parts during pre-season and off-season. During the season they just do maintenance work which is divided in cycles of different amount of weeks (depending how many competitions the team is playing in) and so on.

But training like a bodybuilder during the season would be a big mistake.

Now, if you meant that the excuse is “I don’t need to do squats because I get big from kicking the ball” then yes, it’s an excuse, but the quote, as you said it, is not an excuse, but the logical thing to do.

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]Tatsu wrote:
“I don’t train my legs because I play soccer.”

[/quote]

I wouldn’t train my legs either if I was playing soccer or, if I did, it would be much lighter than now.
Too much accumulated fatigue on legs from training and playing soccer will lead to weaker performance and increased risk of muscular injuries.

Competitive soccer players (professionals) have specific strength programs and most of them have the heavy parts during pre-season and off-season. During the season they just do maintenance work which is divided in cycles of different amount of weeks (depending how many competitions the team is playing in) and so on.

But training like a bodybuilder during the season would be a big mistake.

Now, if you meant that the excuse is “I don’t need to do squats because I get big from kicking the ball” then yes, it’s an excuse, but the quote, as you said it, is not an excuse, but the logical thing to do.

[/quote]

Usually when people give an excuse like this, they aren’t thinking about it the way you just described. Instead they are usually saying that because they play soccer for a few months a year, their legs are therefore strong and/or big and therefore do not require training. Full stop.

If that’s a guy… then I’m thankful I live in a country where you don’t see “guys” wearing skinny/tight jeans…[/quote]

I used to think we were protected here in Scotland, but no country’s safe from the influences of the US haha

Long, Bieber style haircuts are in right now

Last few years it was those jeans that slid halfway down so you had the privilege of seeing the dude’s ass

Thankfully, skinny jeans didn’t last too long, but you still see the odd one walking (I mean, trying to walk) around

[quote]its_just_me wrote:

I used to think we were protected here in Scotland, but no country’s safe from the influences of the US haha

Last few years it was those jeans that slid halfway down so you had the privilege of seeing the dude’s ass

Thankfully, skinny jeans didn’t last too long, but you still see the odd one walking (I mean, trying to walk) around[/quote]

bieber is canadian. Dont blame us for that.

Thankfully, skinny jeans didn’t last too long, but you still see the odd one walking (I mean, trying to walk) around[/quote]

bieber is canadian. Dont blame us for that.[/quote]

Haha, whoops

blamecanadasongsouthpark.mpg

bieber is canadian. Dont blame us for that.[/quote]

Haha, whoops[/quote]
oops indeed

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:
blamecanadasongsouthpark.mpg[/quote]