T Nation

The World Wants Obama

To paraphrase Sarah Palin … no other accolade makes me feel better about a John McCain victory than this news release from Reuters. I hope it gets publicized.

World wants Obama as president: poll

US Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama may be struggling to nudge ahead of his Republican rival in polls at home, but people across the world want him in the White House, a BBC poll said.

All 22 countries covered in the poll would prefer to see Senator Obama elected US president ahead of Republican John McCain.

In 17 of the 22 nations, people expect relations between the US and the rest of the world to improve if Senator Obama wins.

More than 22,000 people were questioned by pollster GlobeScan in countries ranging from Australia to India and across Africa, Europe and South America.

The margin in favour of Senator Obama ranged from 9 per cent in India to 82 per cent in Kenya, while an average of 49 per cent across the 22 countries preferred Senator Obama compared with 12 per cent preferring Senator McCain. Some four in 10 did not take a view.

“Large numbers of people around the world clearly like what Barack Obama represents,” GlobeScan chairman Doug Miller said.

“Given how negative America’s international image is at present, it is quite striking that only one in five think a McCain presidency would improve on the Bush administration’s relations with the world.”

In the United States, three polls taken since the Republican party convention ended on Thursday (local time) show Senator McCain with a lead of 1 to 4 percentage points - within the margin of error - and two others show the two neck-and-neck.

The countries most optimistic that an Obama presidency would improve relations were America’s NATO allies, including Australia (62 per cent).

A similar BBC/Globescan poll conducted ahead of the 2004 U.S presidential election found that, of 35 countries polled, 30 would have preferred to see Democratic nominee John Kerry, rather than the incumbent George Bush, who was elected.

A total of 23,531 people in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, Nigeria, Panama, the Philippines, Poland, Russia, Singapore, Turkey, the UAE, Britain and the United States were interviewed face-to-face or by telephone in July and August 2008 for the poll.

Two points:

  1. About the pollsters (‘impartial’) conclusion:
    “Large numbers of people around the world clearly like what Barack Obama represents,” GlobeScan chairman Doug Miller said.

Who cares what people in India, Brazil, Egypt, Nigeria, and Indonesia think?

It’s not like they’re likely to be well-informed on the issues. The fact that some of them were interviewed “face-to-face” leads me to wonder if they even own telephones.

  1. I question the accuracy of the article when Australia is listed as a NATO member. It’s not.

Flyboy, did the news release mention which 5 countries would prefer McCain?

One point…I don’t give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks They won’t have to live with the cocksucker.

[quote]pat wrote:
One point…I don’t give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks They won’t have to live with the cocksucker.[/quote]

Oh no?

Think again professor.

More non-news reported as news:
“Lots of people want you to vote for Obama! And they aren’t even Americans so you can be sure they aren’t stupid! Listen to them!”

Pass. The average Kenyan’s opinion about who should be President affects me to exactly the same degree as the average Americans’ does. Zero percent.

[quote]lixy wrote:
pat wrote:
One point…I don’t give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks They won’t have to live with the cocksucker.

Oh no?

Think again professor.[/quote]

If I were ever to become President I’d unilaterally occupy Sweden, find Lixy, tattoo an American flag on his forehead and make him my houseboy in whitehouse 2 which would be immediately erected in Stockholm.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
If I were ever to become President I’d unilaterally occupy Sweden, [/quote]

Unilaterally, ey? As opposed to what exactly?

[quote]lixy wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
If I were ever to become President I’d unilaterally occupy Sweden,

Unilaterally, ey? As opposed to what exactly?[/quote]

Multilaterally?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
lixy wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
If I were ever to become President I’d unilaterally occupy Sweden,

Unilaterally, ey? As opposed to what exactly?

Multilaterally?

[/quote]

Bilaterally?

[quote]orion wrote:
Sloth wrote:
lixy wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
If I were ever to become President I’d unilaterally occupy Sweden,

Unilaterally, ey? As opposed to what exactly?

Multilaterally?

Bilaterally?

[/quote]

Uh, no. Straight.

Since most of the world hates us, since we are moral and good while they wallow in evil, it is only natural they would want to introduce a ‘destroyer’ into our presidency. Why would them wanting this be a surprize?

Criminals always hate the cops.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
lixy wrote:
pat wrote:
One point…I don’t give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks They won’t have to live with the cocksucker.

Oh no?

Think again professor.

If I were ever to become President I’d unilaterally occupy Sweden, find Lixy, tattoo an American flag on his forehead and make him my houseboy in whitehouse 2 which would be immediately erected in Stockholm.[/quote]

I’m glad you’re finally learning how to interact in the P&WI forum. ;>

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
lixy wrote:
pat wrote:
One point…I don’t give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks They won’t have to live with the cocksucker.

Oh no?

Think again professor.

If I were ever to become President I’d unilaterally occupy Sweden, find Lixy, tattoo an American flag on his forehead and make him my houseboy in whitehouse 2 which would be immediately erected in Stockholm.[/quote]

You said “erected”!

[quote]lixy wrote:
pat wrote:
One point…I don’t give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks They won’t have to live with the cocksucker.

Oh no?

Think again professor.[/quote]

No really, I don’t give a fuck. I don’t care how many times I think about it, I still won’t give a fuck.

[quote]pat wrote:
lixy wrote:
pat wrote:
One point…I don’t give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks They won’t have to live with the cocksucker.

Oh no?

Think again professor.

No really, I don’t give a fuck. I don’t care how many times I think about it, I still won’t give a fuck.[/quote]

And you probably shouldn’t.

My reply was about not having “to live with the cocksucker”. Because, in case you missed it, whatever “cocksucker” gets into the White House ends up dropping bodies and blowing innocent people to bits (with more or less restraint). What you have to deal with (how much taxes you’ll pay, how many hours they can detain you with the PATRIOT ACT, how many immigrants will be allowed in, etc.) is pretty low on the inconvenience scale compared to what “the rest of the world” has to deal with.

The “think again” was not the sarcastic part. It was dead serious!

Maybe the cocksuckers should not have declared Jihad on us.

[quote]lixy wrote:
pat wrote:
lixy wrote:
pat wrote:
One point…I don’t give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks They won’t have to live with the cocksucker.

Oh no?

Think again professor.

No really, I don’t give a fuck. I don’t care how many times I think about it, I still won’t give a fuck.

And you probably shouldn’t.

My reply was about not having “to live with the cocksucker”. Because, in case you missed it, whatever “cocksucker” gets into the White House ends up dropping bodies and blowing innocent people to bits (with more or less restraint). What you have to deal with (how much taxes you’ll pay, how many hours they can detain you with the PATRIOT ACT, how many immigrants will be allowed in, etc.) is pretty low on the inconvenience scale compared to what “the rest of the world” has to deal with.

The “think again” was not the sarcastic part. It was dead serious![/quote]

If we’re evil, how come we have immigrants?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
lixy wrote:
pat wrote:
lixy wrote:
pat wrote:
One point…I don’t give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks They won’t have to live with the cocksucker.

Oh no?

Think again professor.

No really, I don’t give a fuck. I don’t care how many times I think about it, I still won’t give a fuck.

And you probably shouldn’t.

My reply was about not having “to live with the cocksucker”. Because, in case you missed it, whatever “cocksucker” gets into the White House ends up dropping bodies and blowing innocent people to bits (with more or less restraint). What you have to deal with (how much taxes you’ll pay, how many hours they can detain you with the PATRIOT ACT, how many immigrants will be allowed in, etc.) is pretty low on the inconvenience scale compared to what “the rest of the world” has to deal with.

The “think again” was not the sarcastic part. It was dead serious!

If we’re evil, how come we have immigrants?

[/quote]

And gave 48 billion to fight AIDS in Africa? The rest of the world is never going to like us, no matter what we do so why should we do anything for them anymore?

[quote]lixy wrote:
My reply was about not having “to live with the cocksucker”. Because, in case you missed it, whatever “cocksucker” gets into the White House ends up dropping bodies and blowing innocent people to bits (with more or less restraint). [/quote]

Sounds like the President in Gaza if you ask me.

Ok, back onto the subject. I always find it funny that people are working so hard to make us do something because it makes us popular to other countries.

Oh my gawd, like, we could, like, totally, be like, popular, and stuff, fer sher.

If we vote for Obama, will we become one of the cool kids? Maybe get asked to the prom by the captain of the football team?