The World is Turning Into HeadHunter?

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:
As a devout Athiest…[/quote]

Why did you choose atheism?

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
It’s not a dumb question. It proves how gullible you people are.[/quote]

You are just proving how ignorant you are.

[quote]killerDIRK wrote:
1 Byte this ! sheeple like Pat and Zeb really need to take a much needed and overdue trip to heaven.

Anyone got some spare change…[/quote]

So we should die for our beliefs? Typical atheist.

[quote]killerDIRK wrote:
1 Byte this ! sheeple like Pat and Zeb really need to take a much needed and overdue trip to heaven.

Anyone got some spare change…[/quote]

Typical hate filled atheist. If you want me dead so bad why don’t you try it yourself little fella?

to Pat and Zeb. Is this not EXACTLY what Jesus was supposed to have done, died for his beliefs ?

Thanks for remembering Pat that I am a born again pagan Atheist : )

Zeb, I do not hate you. The thing I do hate is when people try to shove their belief system down my throat,

similar to those fucktard crossfitters who tell my elite athletes that they would be so much *faster, stronger,

fitter* if they only did crossfit. Yeah, like any of those fuckups espousing this shit have ever run a sub 2:10

marathon, dumbasses.

I do not nor have I ever gone out and prostelitized my non belief in a “god”, and that is what i believe a lot

of us feel is a chopping block for wanting the heads of those that wont leave us the fuck alone…

[quote]killerDIRK wrote:

I do not nor have I ever gone out and prostelitized my non belief in a “god”, and that is what i believe a lot

[/quote]

Don’t look now, but you just did… LOL!

For reason to survive, Atheism must die. It’s illogical.

[quote]killerDIRK wrote:
to Pat and Zeb. Is this not EXACTLY what Jesus was supposed to have done, died for his beliefs ?

Thanks for remembering Pat that I am a born again pagan Atheist : )

Zeb, I do not hate you. The thing I do hate is when people try to shove their belief system down my throat,

similar to those fucktard crossfitters who tell my elite athletes that they would be so much *faster, stronger,

fitter* if they only did crossfit. Yeah, like any of those fuckups espousing this shit have ever run a sub 2:10

marathon, dumbasses.

of us feel is a chopping block for wanting the heads of those that wont leave us the fuck alone…[/quote]

And for the record, Atheism is not the same as Paganism. Paganism is projecting God like qualities on things that are not God. Or perhaps you do this with science as many atheists do. But science is a means not an end. When you understand the true nature of things, the world becomes a much more simple place.

[quote]ranengin wrote:

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:

Why did you choose atheism?[/quote]

It’s not a choice.

which is illogical pat, the reason or the atheism ?

Also, I am not the one knocking on one’s door at dinnertime wanting to discuss “our lord and saviour”

Last thing, I DO KNOW there is a difference between paganism and atheism. I wrote what I did to see if

anyone actually pays attention and YOU DID, thank you.

Really though I am a Satanist, but that tends to REALLY get peoples sheep into a tizzy !

[quote]killerDIRK wrote:
to Pat and Zeb. Is this not EXACTLY what Jesus was supposed to have done, died for his beliefs ?[/quote]

What does that have to do with me or Pat dying? Are you a border line moron? Jesus died for our sins. What good would me dying do, other than to please you and a few other pea brains on T Nation?

I never once tried to push by beliefs down your throat…and you know it! So keep setting up the straw men and pushing them over that’s the only victory you’ll win around here. And if you don’t hate me then I’d probably drop the death threats if I were you.

[quote]similar to those fucktard crossfitters who tell my elite athletes that they would be so much *faster, stronger,

marathon, dumbasses.[/quote]

I know it’s difficult but try to stay focused on one subject at a time - kay?

[quote]I do not nor have I ever gone out and prostelitized my non belief in a “god”, and that is what i believe a lot

of us feel is a chopping block for wanting the heads of those that wont leave us the fuck alone…[/quote]

Scroll back and see who started this between you and I. I said nothing to you yet you said I should go to heaven sooner implying that I should die.

Being an atheist is only one of your problems. Right now it’s obvious you suffer from other things as well not the least of which is a poor memory and the oh so typical reading comprehension problems that so many suffer on Internet message boards.

Now run along there is much for you to hate on this fine day.

Are we clear?

Or do we need another 5 or 10 posts to really get this cleared up?

[quote]killerDIRK wrote:
[/quote]

Atheism, it requires you to believe in magic.

pat, any religion asks you to believe in the supernatural and forgo any rational thought.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]ranengin wrote:

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:

Why did you choose atheism?[/quote]

It’s not a choice.[/quote]

Is anything a choice?

[quote]killerDIRK wrote:
pat, any religion asks you to believe in the supernatural and forgo any rational thought.[/quote]

That’s what I mean. You think it’s super, to me it’s just natural. There is existence beyond your 5 senses, I know it, you don’t. You believe that something can come from nothing, I don’t. That’s exceedingly illogical. Non-existence cannot do anything, but you believe it does.
Truth of the matter, you really haven’t thought about it. Because if you had, you’d know why you live in a house of cards. And you want me dead for it, so really who’s being irrational?

[quote]killerDIRK wrote:

Also, I am not the one knocking on one’s door at dinnertime wanting to discuss “our lord and saviour”[/quote]

It seems to me that if you truly believe that there is a god and a heaven waiting for you when you die, the only logical thing to do would be to try to help others get there too. If I were an atheist, the only thing I could logically ever try to do is find a fountain of youth.

Why does god need our money?

If a priest were honest couldn’t he just say he needs some bread to stay alive?

His compassionate sheople would comply.[/quote]

I’ve met several priests (not in the way some might think…no…) and only one, just one, didn’t get around to asking for money. He was truly a good man, what many would call a Godly man. Never asked for a red cent; I eventually gave his church some money btw.

There is nothing wrong with atheism per se, in a lot of ways it is much more sensible than a belief in God. Atheism is simply looking at the world through a rational lens and saying there is no “proof” of the divine, belief in God on the other hand relies totally on your ability to convince yourself that there is an invisible and all-powerful being that has some degree of concern about how you feel and behave, on paper it makes atheists look much less crazy. Now for the record I am religious (Catholic) and I believe in God, I have two brothers that are both atheists, I don’t try to convince them of my beliefs and they don’t try to convince me of theirs, none of us are serial killers (playing the odds on that) and all of us do stuff to help out our communities and neighbors. The real test is this, I believe that when we die we go to heaven, my brothers believe we turn into dirt (eventually), either way we’ll all end up the same place in the end, so who cares what you believe, it is what you do that counts.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

Why does god need our money?

If a priest were honest couldn’t he just say he needs some bread to stay alive?

His compassionate sheople would comply.[/quote]

I’m sorry, but are you really asking why we offer money? To keep the lights on, keep a roof over our heads as we worship together, feed the hungry, clothe the naked (just dropped a load of clothes off myself), provide RCIA and religious material. We maintain a building and staff that does nothing else but take in food and clothing. And yes, to pay the Priest a wage. Ever actually look up their average salary?[/quote]

So, why does he ask you to believe is such a crazy definition of God? If a priest had a pretty logical God, it’d make more sense.

To be a Catholic, you have to believe that God saw His creations becoming evil, decided to be born as His own Son from a virgin and that the cure for human evil was to let Himself be tortured to death with whips and nails while the people around Him celebrated his misery with a party.

Demanding that people believe in the irrational is designed to make THEM irrational. They don’t trust their own minds. So they hand their fates over to experts – priests and bishops, who understand what the God who thought up the crazy scenario wants.

Looked at objectively, this sort of stuff looks like a play put on by mental patients in a sanitorium.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

I take back every comment regarding the dumbest post of the year. THIS is in fact the dumbest post of the year…so far.[/quote]

Gentlemen, we have a clear frontrunner. [/quote]

I don’t know, tb, we’ve had some preeeetty formidable competition here over the past couple of months.

[quote]BrianHanson wrote:
There is nothing wrong with atheism per se, in a lot of ways it is much more sensible than a belief in God. Atheism is simply looking at the world through a rational lens and saying there is no “proof” of the divine, belief in God on the other hand relies totally on your ability to convince yourself that there is an invisible and all-powerful being that has some degree of concern about how you feel and behave, on paper it makes atheists look much less crazy. Now for the record I am religious (Catholic) and I believe in God, I have two brothers that are both atheists, I don’t try to convince them of my beliefs and they don’t try to convince me of theirs, none of us are serial killers (playing the odds on that) and all of us do stuff to help out our communities and neighbors. The real test is this, I believe that when we die we go to heaven, my brothers believe we turn into dirt (eventually), either way we’ll all end up the same place in the end, so who cares what you believe, it is what you do that counts.[/quote]

You must be snorting bath salts. This makes no sense what so ever. Both cannot be right, hence there is either something wrong with theism or atheism. And if you go to heaven and your brother’s are in the dirt, you are not in the same place. I don’t really see how you can say that dirt on the earth and heaven are the same place.

Atheism is irrational because it requires belief in something from nothing, and that is logically impossible and there is nothing anybody can do about it. So on paper, it’s still irrational. On the face of it, it’s still irrational.
It’s just wishful thinking and nothing more.