The Workout Nutrition Thread

I’d be interested to hear the opinions on the difference between serving size (or even the difference between some and none) of Surge Workout Fuel.

I gave in and got me some Alpha-GPC, and started using something similar to CT and G87’s protocol mentioned above.

I like to have some sort of solid, balanced meal about 2 hours pre-workout, then…

-60 Alpha-GPC
-30 2 scoops Surge Workout Fuel w/ about 20 ounces water
-15 1 scoop Surge Recovery w/ very little water

I’ve had some really intriguing results w/ this although I’ve only done it for my last 2 workouts (Friday and Monday). That’s obviously not enough time to talk about long-lasting or noticeable muscle gains, but about the time I was starting to drink my Surge yesterday I had this really nice rush going on, felt great and had a great workout. Also, limiting the amount of water in the Surge really helped w/ the feeling of fullness in yesterdays workout (was a bit bloated Friday when I had it with a little extra water).

During my workout it’s pretty much just water (sometimes BCAA’s but not all the time). And I finish up the workout with 2 to 2 1/2 scoops of Surge with a scoop of Biotest’s creatine when I’m done.

[quote]G87 wrote:
I’m starting to feel this way too, increasingly, and it’s having a good effect on my progress :slight_smile: On the other hand, I’m not strapped for cash, so some stuff is cool to have around, and I’m looking forward to playing around with finibars and all that other stuff. The thing that really has me interested is CT’s huge gains in a short space of time, and the whole protein pulsing thing. I’d like to run that protocol for at least a couple of months and see where it takes me.[/quote]

Oh believe me, if I had the cash just laying around I’m sure I’d be trying everything I read about. But the last few months, I really took a good look at how much money I spend on food (not even supps, but just food), and I’m sure it’s more than most people even though I really just stick to what I consider staples. I certainly still pay attention to everything new that comes out, and think about maybe down the line, or after hearing a lot of opinions from people who’ve had decent results (and who are smart enough to actually recognize real gains). I do put a hell of a lot of weight on Thibs’ opinions, so of course I’m following with interest.

S

[quote]elusive wrote:
Stu, your looking amazing in your avatar.

Everyone should start incorporating Pop-Tarts.[/quote]

Amen. That avatar is sick.

[quote]esk221 wrote:
Maybe I’m just old fashioned, but all these protocols are wayyy too complicated for me.[/quote]

No doubt. People are so ridiculous with this shit.

I drink a Surge shake right after working out.
Then I eat a big meal an hour later.

Done and done.

[quote]G87 wrote:
elusive wrote:
Stu, your looking amazing in your avatar.

Everyone should start incorporating Pop-Tarts.

Amen. That avatar is sick.[/quote]

Lol, thanks guys. It really turned out to be a ‘lucky’ shot with the way the ABB wings are positioned. Although I’m making a totally weird facial expression, I decided to get a few business cards printed up with that image on it. Hopefully when they arrive they’ll look as good printed small as the image does on a computer screen.

S