Workout Nutrition, Perfected

I am much more a fan of Surge than I was for Plasma. I can feel Surge and need no caffeine to feel amped to workout. It is an odd feeling, but sipping the second dose during the workout seems to supply a constant vibrant feeling of not tiring at the latter portion of the workout.

I did notice a step weight increase when I first took Surge and the Challenge recommended workout.
During November I added a slight modification to the first block of each workout day. I pyramided up to a weight that I failed to reach 8 reps (sets of 8 reps.) I then preceded with the planned Surge Challenge workout protocol. During this change I am experiencing a linear weight gain (see above post with Fitted Line Graph.) I have also made some strength gains. And at 74 years old, this is not to be expected.

Please note that I am taking the full recommended doses of Surge (7 days a week).

1 Like

Not sure what your beef is, that I haven’t contributed in your opinion, or that I’m making an obvious observation on someone claiming something now (and in the past) that is not feasible, especially without a certain level of “help”. (Not that I have any issues with that, I did compete from teens to early 50’s, and now at 60 still am above TRT doses)

I think other than my calling that out, I was clear on my appreciation for CT’s articles, Biotests products, and the webpage.

What am I “asking” that set you off? You’re assuming from 1 post I don’t use the products, and why would either not contributing to either lessen my opinion on this subject? Are you saying that Ct is right on his claim(s) now and in the past?

Nothing like making someone feel welcome to the community, lol. I saw back in the day how things went when someone spoke out on what were facts, truth, and the like…

Want to go old school and do front squats to see who leaves? :stuck_out_tongue:

“This is going to come off a little confrontational, for which I apologize as much as is appropriate, but it sounds like you haven’t contributed to the community or the company’s top line for two decades. How much weight do you think your asks should carry?”

3 Likes

My beef was extraordinarily clear, as I spelled it out explicitly. I think it’s silly to “lurk” for 20 years, absorbing free content, then point out that you’re making an account solely to complain while appealing to your own half-century of experience for credibility; use that experience to get on here and help folks.

I do appreciate the callback to, perhaps, the greatest thread of all time.

None of that is to say you aren’t welcome or your opinions aren’t warranted. I may have misread that you’d never bought a product while I was at it, in which case my bad. I stand by the two-way street: help, then criticize.

Army was also losing when I originally posted, which may have framed my initial emotion.

Wait, to which thread are you referring?

1 Like

Oh man, I’m pretty sure it’s a decade old. To his point, this site was a bit less welcoming then. I prefer it now and certainly wouldn’t want to be a voice scaring folks off.

Anyway, two really strong dudes gave differing advice on improving a poster’s front squat. Their disagreement kept escalating and eventually they challenged each other to a front squat competition, and the loser had to leave the site forever. They were both men of their words, both posted impressive videos, and the loser actually left the site. The reality is we all lost at that point.

2 Likes

I’ve used and loved Plazma for years. With that said, Surge Workout Fuel has won me over.

I honestly feel that my training and recovery has been better with Surge Workout Fuel. Was it poor with Plazma? Of course not! Both are excellent products, which is why I’m not going to get lost arguing about details.

For me, it comes down to the fact that I enjoy training with it, and I find it exceptional for my other activities (bikes and hockey). Hard to beat that.

If you like Plazma more, that’s cool. Just stay on your side of the street. Kidding!

And for those worried, Tim Patterson has said here on the forums, “We will only phase out Plazma if customers stop buying it.”

2 Likes

This article came out right as I was starting to contemplate adding some intra carbs back into my morning workouts.

I’ve had about five workouts with the Surge on board now, and wow. Brings back memories. I had forgotten how much of a difference it makes.

There are more details in my log over in the training log section, but I just had to pop into the thread and say - if you are skeptical of pre/intra carbs in general…or maybe you’ve tried it in the past and ditched it for whatever reason - give it a go with this stuff and do everything right with the timing and water and boom…crazy crazy pumps.

And since I’m already in celebrity endorsement mode, throw some damn Carbolin-19 on that fire while you’re at it. The combo is amazing. Not just a watery pump, but a hard pump…hard to describe but it’s real.

2 Likes

Some of the weight was obviously from increased glycogen storage and intramuscular water.

Plus, you got your numbers wrong. I said 0.25 to 0.5 lb PER WEEK. And that is an AVERAGE over a year (max of 12-25lbs per yar). In reality muscle growth is rarely linear. You can have a sudden gain in muscle mass than not gain for weeks or months.

1 Like
1 Like

I hate it but this column and all the articles just sound like infomercials for the products you are selling.

I really used to enjoy the content but now it just feels like a slimy pitch.

4 Likes

I’ve been following the sports performance and the supplements industry for years (I’m 55 now). I saw/heard someone say recently that you must be careful with supplements that offer a ‘kitchen sink’ of ingredients that ‘seem to work for me’ because you don’t know which ingredient was producing that effect.

That’s a long-winded way of saying that I appreciate T Nation and the Biotest supplements based on how simple the ingredient list is - giving you what you need - and not what you don’t.

Now, will taking Surge Workout Fuel (I have some right here, well actually up there in the kitchen) make you look like the love child of Christian Thibaudeau and Chris Shugart with the brains of TC and Tim Patterson? Most likely not… Will it assist you during your Eternal Warrior training session, I can say yes…

2 Likes

Because any mass that isn’t fat is by definition “lean mass.” Water, glycogen, bone, etc.

1 Like

Yeah, super weird that a company that makes products they believe in and that they think would be beneficial to people with a shared interest would want to talk about them with said people. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Guys, I love T Nation and recommend it to anyone for a constant influx of motivation, current information, and just quality and variety of amazing programming. That being said, your products, while helped by advertising, are maligned by the exaggerative marketing approach. Many people will buy this because of the credibility of the trainers but Christ articles written like this are patronizing.

3 Likes

Not weird. Just an infomercial. Makes anything they share suspect and diminishes their credibility.

It’s a free market place. I’m sure they are making plenty if coin doing it. Good for them.

My observations are the negatives about the (mis)management of one of the most important parts of their business advertising model, this forum.
We have seen the Forums flooded by a random collection of old articles. The disastrous web site re design. And now this article.
Throughout the above there has been virtually zero comment from the Biotest/T Nation management to explain, apologise or at least recognise concerns.

To be fair, they did explain the article “dump,” so to speak, as a necessary annoyance to get all their information loaded into the new format - so we don’t lose decades of articles.

Recently, they had an update that made this forum read a little more like a social media app. It was met with criticism, mostly along the lines of usability, and they reverted back to this view.