The Wolverine

Hugh Jackman is likeable enough and a good actor, so I can live with him playing Wolverine. The only downside is that the public perception of Logan is that he’s athletically built, 6’2" and prone to moods swings.

Nobody outside of geek circles would accept a Wolverine who actually reflects the physical characteristics of the animal he’s named after.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:
First off, wolverine is a short, hairy, 300 lbs man of agression. Hugh Jackman’s portrayal is very “pop”.
He doesn’t have anywhere close to the build or look. Hugh Jackman is like the anime skinny jeans teenager version of wolverine. Where are the massive legs,thick forearms, wide back and so forth? At the very least, he should look like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0P9ZTV_V4eE/TQBBYNCrTgI/AAAAAAAAAAM/WvXxhZmP_cI/s1600/1410872951_27bc2c3002.jpg

A guy that looks like this would be great (scroll down):
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?32901-Wolverine/page7

Then there’s the fact that the way they make him fight is fucking dumb. The guy is supposed to be a master martial artist. The fuck is he doing with those wild retarded swings and lack of fighting form?

The way wolverine is portrayed is just terrible. This movie will be just as terrible as all the other ones.[/quote]

So which short, hairy, 300lbs-of-muscle actor would you like to head this A-list movie?

[/quote]

Jack Nicholson 20 years ago.[/quote]

Franco Columbu 30 years ago voice dubbed by Clint Eastwood.[/quote]

Dougray Scott was cast as Wolverine but had to drop out three weeks before filming to do reshoots on Mission Impossible 2.

Waingro from Heat would’ve been an awesome Wolverine (too old now):

So a lot of people here on TN like comics and stuff?

I see TN is a collection of bully victims and geeks.

I remember after seeing the remake of Cape Fear back in the 90’s(?), thinking about how Deniro would probably be a great Logan. Get him in his best shape, obviously a bit older and weathered, looks like he’s lived through his share of ‘sh-t’, and definitely able to go from 0 to 60 in under a second.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I remember after seeing the remake of Cape Fear back in the 90’s(?), thinking about how Deniro would probably be a great Logan. Get him in his best shape, obviously a bit older and weathered, looks like he’s lived through his share of ‘sh-t’, and definitely able to go from 0 to 60 in under a second.

S[/quote]

You talkin’ to me, Bub?

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:

I see TN is a collection of bully victims and geeks.[/quote]

…yeah, that sounds right.

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

First off, wolverine is a short, hairy, 300 lbs man of agression. Hugh Jackman’s portrayal is very “pop”.
He doesn’t have anywhere close to the build or look. Hugh Jackman is like the anime skinny jeans teenager version of wolverine. Where are the massive legs,thick forearms, wide back and so forth? At the very least, he should look like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0P9ZTV_V4eE/TQBBYNCrTgI/AAAAAAAAAAM/WvXxhZmP_cI/s1600/1410872951_27bc2c3002.jpg

Then there’s the fact that the way they make him fight is fucking dumb. The guy is supposed to be a master martial artist. The fuck is he doing with those wild retarded swings and lack of fighting form?

The way wolverine is portrayed is just terrible. This movie will be just as terrible as all the other ones.[/quote]

So which short, hairy, 300lbs-of-muscle actor would you like to head this A-list movie?
[/quote]

Most guys are hairy, and not all actors are 6 feet tall. I’m sure you can find an actor, not necessarily a known actor, who is sub 5’5, doesn’t wax his body hairy, take a year or two to build him up in to a muscular behemoth and then make him act. Look what they did with 300, with bane, etc. It’s doable.

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

[/quote]

Most guys are hairy, and not all actors are 6 feet tall. I’m sure you can find an actor, not necessarily a known actor, who is sub 5’5, doesn’t wax his body hairy, take a year or two to build him up in to a muscular behemoth and then make him act. Look what they did with 300, with bane, etc. It’s doable.[/quote]

You are going to complain about Jackman not fitting the bill physically yet find Tom Hardy acceptable as bane? Makes no sense.

Both actors succeed(ed) in over coming the geek expectations of their characters by actually being decent actors.

You say this like it’s a bad thing.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

You say this like it’s a bad thing.[/quote]

Nah, geeky bully victims are nature’s true alpha males.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
You are going to complain about Jackman not fitting the bill physically yet find Tom Hardy acceptable as bane? Makes no sense.

Both actors succeed(ed) in over coming the geek expectations of their characters by actually being decent actors.[/quote]

This is what I was getting at. It’s more important to have a lead actor that can actually act rather than some jacked guy dorking up your film with terrible acting. Jackman is fine.

Speaking of Tom Hardy, he would make an epic wolverine if he had to.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

You say this like it’s a bad thing.[/quote]

Nah, geeky bully victims are nature’s true alpha males.[/quote]

Do I smell sarcasm?

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

S[/quote]

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

[/quote]

Most guys are hairy, and not all actors are 6 feet tall. I’m sure you can find an actor, not necessarily a known actor, who is sub 5’5, doesn’t wax his body hairy, take a year or two to build him up in to a muscular behemoth and then make him act. Look what they did with 300, with bane, etc. It’s doable.[/quote]

Both actors succeed(ed) in over coming the geek expectations of their characters by actually being decent actors.[/quote]

In Nolan’s realistic batman-verse, Bane was fine.
Actually, Bane was pretty much perfect. He was fairly large and his physique was imposing, just not juiced to the gills imposing.

Regardless, I’m just not impressed by Wolverine’s portrayal.

Maybe Hell-Billy should be Wolverine. You’re all thinkin’ it.

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

[/quote]

i always thought chris benoit was the real worlds wolverine. if he could only act. and hadnt murdered his family and all that junk…

[quote]Da Man reloaded wrote:

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

[/quote]

i always thought chris benoit was the real worlds wolverine. if he could only act. and hadnt murdered his family and all that junk…[/quote]

Well wolverine does do the berserker rage thing or get brainwashed(the hand, hydra), or possesed etc… quite often and goes on killing sprees in the process.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

[/quote]

In Nolan’s realistic batman-verse, Bane was fine.
Actually, Bane was pretty much perfect. He was fairly large and his physique was imposing, just not juiced to the gills imposing.

Regardless, I’m just not impressed by Wolverine’s portrayal.[/quote]
I like how they focused on big traps, shoulders and his back